The atmosphere.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Get tae yer bed ffs. We lost a final on penalties why don’t people shut the eff up. Sickening

You are fine this was hours after you got bottle 2. About 8 folk got half of bottle 3 in second half, old fella was in bits and got a turn.
Mind that global pandemic where sharing of drinks became a bit frowned upon

That’s what it boiled down to tonight, sharing bottles of coke between many just to give us anything to drink

And we’re getting the shite flung at us now too

Brilliant

Honestly mate, that bottle you gave me was a lifesaver

Rangers fans have a reputation of sing their hearts out, backing the team for 90 mins on our Euro adventures. Tonight at times it seemed as though they were sitting on their hands, unable to raise themselves from a slumber.

Very very disappointing but so predictable.

It was a weird one. I was fairly confident that a few folk round me weren’t regulars at Ibrox or Away, but even the Union Bears songs didn’t seem to carry from the middle of the stand to the corner, where I was. So it was very difficult to get the songs properly going. Whether it was because of the stadium acoustics or people around the union bears not singing, I’m not sure.

Weird, weird atmosphere. My voice is pretty gone at the moment, but wish more of the real bears were there.

I was in the neutral section and thought we were out-sung the majority of the game. I actually think the Frankfurt fans provided a good atmosphere, both display and singing. They definitely died down towards the end. Not sure if that was due to us taking control of the game, or fatigue due to the situation of no water, or any drink, in the stadium.

There were bears around me looking for a sing song, but maybe only about 50%.
Another issue was the lack of coordination with songs. I kept looking over to our allocated section in hope of them joining into a song, or to get one started. When this happened by the time it had transferred over (if at all), some people were already done singing the song.
This is something that I've seen a lot at Ibrox. UB are the only section that do this well, but often it doesn't carry round the stadium well. And it's much easier to do in smaller traveling support.
Also, the best atmospheres are normally driven by game situations. Like the recent European games at Ibrox, where there is an early goal. The game had very few chances, or moments to drive a support on. The Frankfurt fans were only good for a song book, but less so for the waves of sound, and volume changes depending on game situations.

Say what you want about those who paid over a grand for a ticket. I was one of those, and I don't have a season ticket anymore, and I maybe take in only a few games a season. But I was looking to make as much noise as possible. I had to go to the toilets to drink the tap water at half time just to get my voice back for the second half.
If I didn't buy that ticket, there's as much chance that ticket then goes to a neutral or opposition fan.

I completely agree that Uefa allocation is a joke. It's only good for touts who make money from the situation.
The allocation for the clubs should be a minimum 40%, not 25%.
And I say that knowing that would mean it's less likely for me to get the opportunity to go. But then I reckon there are a lot of bears who may qualify for a ticket, but not be able to afford the travel.

It was a flat game that generated a relatively flat atmosphere, with the Frankfurt fans having a simple song book and better orchestration than us, to fill the void of a relatively flat game.

It was a weird one. I was fairly confident that a few folk round me weren’t regulars at Ibrox or Away, but even the Union Bears songs didn’t seem to carry from the middle of the stand to the corner, where I was. So it was very difficult to get the songs properly going. Whether it was because of the stadium acoustics or people around the union bears not singing, I’m not sure.

Weird, weird atmosphere. My voice is pretty gone at the moment, but wish more of the real bears were there.
Were the UB all situated together? It didn’t feel like that at all.

Have to agree, the fans had obviously been drinking all day and had nothing left.
I was surprised how many Germans were there. I thought equal to us in numbers
Too many around me were either pissed or corporate

Everyone is different I suppose but you must realise that attitude feeds through. It's a game of football ffs. If you have nerves then there's nothing better to get over it than bawling your brains out. Sitting quietly with head in hands is no use to anybody.
Everybody including myself were going mad when the players took the park in their tracksuits then again in the warm up gear , the place erupted when they done the final sprint towards the tunnel, so how did only Bassey turn up ? They all heard that backing

They seemed more organised, and had simple and repetitive chants that lend themselves more to volume.
Honestly seemed like a well orchestrated sate sponsored event with government issues flags and chants like North Korea.

Looked like a sponsorship Leipzig support.

No thanks.

I will take the rag tag individual supporters clusters that are real like ours.

Missing the point. If he was there would that make it ok?

How is it missing the point? If you're criticising the support then it's valid to ask why you weren't in attendance - and the presumption with posts like his is that he would be an improvement.

All it took was 1501pts to get a ticket.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Most weren’t rangers fans

I was just sitting here thinking exactly that.

I bet a large section don’t see us play again until we get to a quarter final, they are not there for the badge or the team.
i was there like many ,for every European game ,and will never forget the atmosphere at Ibrox in the semi final.
They can have their plastic memories of Seville.
I have went through every season of the lower leagues and beyond.
Do not even have a ticket for the Scottish Cup Final ,or for the semi.

I was not in any position to travel and I'm in awe of the thousands that did and so I'm very reluctant to be too critical.

However, for having what looked like 70% of the stadium it looked and sounded a bit flat on TV from our fans for long spells except for a couple of solid efforts. Many looked totally sozzled and perhaps suffering from heatstroke or hangover. The Germans on the other hand looked organized and orchestrated from their tifo to their chanting.

Massively underlines how important our young union bears are at getting folks to sing.

Still have a lot of pride in the sheer numbers that mobilized and found their way to Seville.

Let's go and win the cup on the weekend.
This ⬆️

Apparently we weren’t trying hard enough, according to the Couch Loyal. I can hardly speak anymore.

Genuine question.

How do you think our fans did tonight? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is poor and 10 is excellent.

Guttted with the result but don't think we should be slagging our support the guys who have followed the team abroad and in Scotland have done us proud .I go to all our home games and wouldn't dream of slagging our support.

No idea mate. Was a gutter to see that the Frankfurt fans had organized a TIFO, and an impressive one too, and we hadn’t. Perhaps the club not being as organized as Frankfurt?
Obviously we were in a different post code from the Rangers fans, but it didn’t seem like the UB were all beside each other - as you said, songs didn’t gradually move throughout the stands.

Genuine question.

How do you think our fans did tonight? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is poor and 10 is excellent.
I’ll let you find my previous posts in the thread where I answer that.

Nah the fact you are having a go at people who got tickets to the game. check post #71 (yours)

You've flown to Manchester from Oz to do just that "I was there!"

Moaning that the wrong fans got tickets, again, you've flown around the globe in the hope you got tickets, makes you think you deserved a ticket then?

Perhaps pony up more than those that did!
Mate wtf do you keep banging on about? Were you there tonight? The atmosphere was utter pish, end of.

Guttted with the result but don't think we should be slagging our support the guys who have followed the team abroad and in Scotland have done us proud .I go to all our home games and wouldn't dream of slagging our support.
No one is slagging the support we are having a discussion on the forum regarding the atmosphere in the stadiums from a tv stand point and people who were there have agreed it was muted due to factors within the stadium

How is it missing the point? If you're criticising the support then it's valid to ask why you weren't in attendance - and the presumption with posts like his is that he would be an improvement.

All it took was 1501 points eh? Simples.

The points total was picked to match the number of tickets available. 1501 points represents serious commitment and it probably amounts to under 5,000 folk.

The rest of the fans were made up of those who got lucky in the UEFA draw, those that knew the right folk and those that could afford to pay over the odds.

Fair play to them all but it doesn’t take away from the fact that thousands of regular match attending fans missed out.

I dont have to be there to give an opinion on the support for the players. I wasnt at the Battle of Hastings but I have an opinion on that.

I was in Barcelona in 1972 and thought the atmosphere was shite. The singing was pathetic. No organisation. No coordination. A complete shambols.

I want us to be better but until such times as we face reality I suspect we'll continue to be a disorganised, shambolic mess.

UB... save us?

I spent a fortune to get here, I stood in 30 degree heat with no water or food, having had the Guarda Civil be their usual over zealous selves and frankly the team were flat from the start too

That’s after having spent a fortune this season to watch us at every home game, at 70% of the domestic aways, and at all bar 2 euro aways

They raise us and we raise them

All to get told by a bunch of folk who watched it on the TV that we were a disgrace

Go fuxk yourselves
I’m currently travelling back in a coach to Malaga airport for a 3:30 flight home - no sleep for 26 hours and counting- 30 degree heat severely dehydrated to to lack of water in the stadium- no shops open outside after game - coach was to stop at service station for water ect - it’s feckin shut - I’ve no had any alcohol at all during the trip.but folk who are probably tucked up in their bed just now are making assumptions that we are a disgrace - sure we were not in full voice and were edgy during the game but the heat and lack of water played a big part in this

No one is slagging the support we are having a discussion on the forum regarding the atmosphere in the stadiums from a tv stand point and people who were there have agreed it was muted due to factors within the stadium

Good post. The issue I have is it was predicatable. It didnt need to be this way. If we make another final (I doubt it) it'll happen again.

TBB was sang loud and clear at the semi final and quarter??

Also at Hampden during the semi??

Heard TBB loud and clear at Hampden and some league matches recently. I don’t have a problem with TBB, except at European matches, where we know it will cause us problems.

On the point of the Europa League 1/4 and semi finals, all I can say is I wasn’t aware of it to the same extent as tonight, which I think was telling of the different crowd in the stadium tonight

So, I’ll double down, not back down. I don’t think that was our usual crowd in tonight

I’m currently travelling back in a coach to Malaga airport for a 3:30 flight home - no sleep for 26 hours and counting- 30 degree heat severely dehydrated to to lack of water in the stadium- no shops open outside after game - coach was to stop at service station for water ect - it’s feckin shut - I’ve no had any alcohol at all during the trip.but folk who are probably tucked up in their bed just now are making assumptions that we are a disgrace - sure we were not in full voice and were edgy during the game but the heat and lack of water played a big part in this

Not a criticism of you or any other bears. I feel your pain. However, the atmosphere was shit AND it was predicted on here to be SHITE.

What do we need to do next time? Not that there'll be a next time.

Joseph your right I’m in my bed , devastated, hurt, gutted, every emotion going! Will I sleep? No probably not, I’m in a different situation to you due to circumstance but I hurt just as much! No one on here is doubting your commitment, we are simply stating what was relayed through our tv screen, muted, nervous, withdrawn fans who looked burnt out!

Everybody including myself were going mad when the players took the park in their tracksuits then again in the warm up gear , the place erupted when they done the final sprint towards the tunnel, so how did only Bassey turn up ? They all heard that backing
Frankfurt had about one third of the stadium but I heard them more than us during the game.

Just not enough from the support for me. Realise conditions weren't ideal but the overall aim is to be there and support the team as much as possible. If that means staying in your accomodation and getting fully hydrated until a couple of hours before kick off then that's what needs to be done. The game is what the trip is about and the rest o the holiday is an irrelevance. Sounds like too many didn't see it that way.

There's always going to be one player that plays better than the rest regardless of fan noise, if you are saying Bassey.was that man tonight.

Get tae yer bed ffs. We lost a final on penalties why don’t people shut the eff up. Sickening
Wtf you gibbering about! Away and have a cry wank. That fkin stadium was full of players pals, wives, girlfriends, corporate fkhead sponsors who’ve probably never been to Ibrox, etc. meanwhile apparently Frankfurt made sure their real fans got tickets, you know, people who vocally supported their team. Fk off!

Disappointing all round

Rangers fans tonight were shocking I don't care if anyone calls me whatever
I agree, we didn't make much noise at all, singing different songs at the same time. The Germans had an incredible support, they were proper organised, we were second best to them. You could also sense our fans were nervous throughout the game.

I agree, we didn't make much noise at all, singing different songs at the same time. The Germans had an incredible support, they were proper organised, we were second best to them. You could also sense our fans were nervous throughout the game.
Thank goodness someone there had backed up the claims us “armchair fans” have stated. Support was not to its usual standard, did it have any affect on the result? we will never know! however what I do know is without our support we wouldn’t have reached this stage anyway! Fact!

This thread will get seen as sour grapes from everyone who didn’t get a ticket and that’s fine, I watched it in a pub with mates and hand to hide after twenty minutes turned to my mate and said all I can hear is Frankfurt fans? It’s on the team though as much as Ibrox has got them through to the final any great team has to cope with having the lesser backing

Back