The atmosphere.

Listen man if I was there I’d be in the same not but I’d sing my fucking heart out. It was poor from us considering we took up three quearters of the stadium. Too many folk went over hit it hard for days and burnt themselves out.
100% it was visible when the camera panned into all our fans! Bloodshot eyes, sleep deprived, exhausted. I love the fans I’m one myself, wish I could have gone myself would have been a dream come true but circumstances didn’t allow, but like I said I will call it as I see it that wasn’t our best display of our support, we are the best in The world when we show up. Unfortunately we didn’t tonight!

Would the fans have put more stamina the legs in such sapping conditions? Perhaps they should have sucked Kent's shot in unison over the line!

The fans have fvcking backed the club from the depths all the way back and beyond.

Those calling them a disgrace are themselves a disgrace.
Would never say they were a disgrace. It's fine margins at that level and I don't think the players are always aware of individual chants and who is making noise during a game. Just felt the Rangers support didn't do enough, and usually the Rangers support do more than enough. I know of people who were in the stadium with their kids that don't regularly go to games and I would guess don't know the words to some of the usual songs. Ok for a league game but not who you want at a European final.

100% it was visible when the camera panned into all our fans! Bloodshot eyes, sleep deprived, exhausted. I love the fans I’m one myself, wish I could have gone myself would have been a dream come true but circumstances didn’t allow, but like I said I will call it as I see it that wasn’t our best display of our support, we are the best in The world when we show up. Unfortunately we didn’t tonight!
Agree, everyone looked absolutely fucking done in.

Everybody raved about the atmosphere against Leipzig. There was nothing like it tonight

When it became obviously that the Rangers support were going to take up 2/3rds of the ground I was expecting another Leipzig performance from the fans to help spur the team on to victory. However it didn't materialise at all and overall our support seemed very subdued, very flat - were easily 2nd best to the Eintracht support.

Sure you did!

I flew from Oz to Glasgow with the wife. Stayed in Coatbridge with family for a few days then hired a car to take us to Manchester on the tue before the game.

I arranged the link up in Strathclyde Park for the convoy from Ibrox. We set off for Manchester about lunchtime.

Me and the wife stayed in a hotel in Manchester City Centre till the ftiday. Wr were offered two tickets for £1,000 by the concierge but turned them down.

We watched the game in a pub near Picadilly Gardens and headed home on the friday.

Believe what you will.

I have no idea how any one can say that our fans were dreadful tonight or that they cost us the game! There are many factors in it, but those who attended tonight paid a lot of their hard earned money to attend, that's support in itself surely
I have no idea how any one can say that our fans were dreadful tonight or that they cost us the game! There are many factors in it, but those who attended tonight paid a lot of their hard earned money to attend, that's support in itself surely
It’s not about paying hard earned cash? That’s a commitment yes but doesn’t mean that person has the passion of someone who can’t afford it That’s just circumstances!

Too many part timers who didn't bother when we were in the 3rd division. Too many rich people buying an "experience". Too many family/friends/burds of players. Tory MSP Murdo Fraser was there I saw on twitter. Does he go up to Dingwall for 12 on a Sunday? I think not.

Just gutted overall. Stadium too small anyway for a final imo

Good post. It was obvious the atmosphere would be shit. Once again we're in a european final with the world watching and...nothing.

Rangers fans have a reputation of sing their hearts out, backing the team for 90 mins on our Euro adventures. Tonight at times it seemed as though they were sitting on their hands, unable to raise themselves from a slumber.

It was very noticeable that we heard TBB trying to get sung in a UEFA match for the first time in years.

Clearly not fans who go regularly and know the score with FARE and the likes. Not our usual fan base tonight at all, and it really showed.

Don’t get me wrong, fans can’t kick a ball, but they can lift the team and our ticketing let the team down.
TBB was sang loud and clear at the semi final and quarter??

Also at Hampden during the semi??

I flew from Oz to Glasgow with the wife. Stayed in Coatbridge with family for a few days then hired a car to take us to Manchester on the tue before the game.

I arranged the link up in Strathclyde Park for the convoy from Ibrox. We set off for Manchester about lunchtime.

Me and the wife stayed in a hotel in Manchester City Centre till the ftiday. Wr were offered two tickets for £1,000 by the concierge but turned them down.

We watched the game in a pub near Picadilly Gardens and headed home on the friday.

Believe what you will.

You are one of the uber staunch that called our fans a disgrace tonight and also in Manchester.

You also claim to have mentioned the issue of supposed glory hunters getting in before "real fans" yet you get offered final tickets for 2008 and pass them up!

Yeah I'm calling shite right there, especially from someone who claims to have went that distance and got the offer, knocks it back then proceeds to slag those that did go!

According to you, you would have sang real Rangers songs!

That stadium was utter punishment tonight

Brutal. A hell hole.

Folk now claiming the wrong people were there

Well forgive me. Most of us up high at corner knew each other from euro aways this season.
Respect you as a poster on here and like your messages but what is your point here ?

Are you agreeing that Rangers support wasn't good enough but it was because of lack of water in the stadium ?

Why did Frankfurt handle the same conditions better?

In addition to the issues mentioned earlier it felt like it was an organisation/coordination issue, did the UBs have a section?

Respect you as a poster on here and like your messages but what is your point here ?

Are you agreeing that Rangers support wasn't good enough but it was because of lack of water in the stadium ?

Why did Frankfurt handle the same conditions better?

They had water...I guess.

Rangers fans tonight were shocking I don't care if anyone calls me whatever
Most weren't Rangers fans corporate pricks fans given ticket to neighbours fucking Celtic fan mate's. Something has to change absolute disgrace , the real fans were outside down the town .

Ho ho ho. How many games do you think I should have travelled to from Australia?
I don’t care TBH. It isn’t Rangers fault you decided to move, it’s legit weird people think anyone gives a f*ck about this shtick TBH

You haven’t lived here since 2006, go to Dingwall a few times a year I might consider listening at best

It’s not about paying hard earned cash? That’s a commitment yes but doesn’t mean that person has the passion of someone who can’t afford it That’s just circumstances!
I didn't mean it like that but I get what you mean too. However, those who managed to attend tonight did support the team, however there was lots of factors to it

I spent a fortune to get here, I stood in 30 degree heat with no water or food, having had the Guarda Civil be their usual over zealous selves and frankly the team were flat from the start too

That’s after having spent a fortune this season to watch us at every home game, at 70% of the domestic aways, and at all bar 2 euro aways

They raise us and we raise them

All to get told by a bunch of folk who watched it on the TV that we were a disgrace

Go fuxk yourselves

I’m a singer at games I wasn’t tonight , far to tense , the team were never in control , even after we scored I didn’t sing, all that was going thru my head is we might actually do this this is gonny be unbelievable, the fear of it taken away from us again was to much to let myself go, didn’t enjoy the occasion one bit , poor game coup of a ground, shambles getting in

How the %^*& did that even happen?
Not enough coke and too many went gun ho at breakfast.

Terrible from the fans. I was screaming at them to get behind the players but the fans were beat from the off

We like to give ourselves bloweys but we are pish when we are not winning.

Reactions: d72
No. When our players are looking for a lift when playing against players that are close to the best they have ever played against, in a European final, then the amount of money you paid for a ticket is irrelevant. At that point the only thing that matters is roars when you do something positive, songs in the background that you know are from your own fans.

I was in the ground .

Wasn’t great .why ?

35 degree heat with no breeze it’s suffocating
To much bevy (that’s not changing )
No water (yes that’s fans fault partly but water should be available at all times.
Nerves - biggest game many will attend . Add in the tiredness from the sun a lot we’re just done in
Team playing poorly - it’s what makes our atmosphere so good cos we react to what we see but on the flip side when we play badly it’s nervy and flat. Why were the Germans better. Cos they don’t react they just organise singing

I’m a singer at games I wasn’t tonight , far to tense , the team were never in control , even after we scored I didn’t sing? all that was going thru my head is we might actually do this this is gonny be unbelievable, the fear of it taken away from us again was to much to let myself go, didn’t enjoy the occasion one bit , poor game coup of a ground, shambles getting in
Totally get it, it was a fucking occasion of a lifetime? No one is saying we didn’t try and get the team going, could we though? No we couldn’t as whatever happened prior to the game and During were outsung and that nullified the team!

No. When our players are looking for a lift when playing against players that are close to the best they have ever played against, in a European final, then the amount of money you paid for a ticket is irrelevant. At that point the only thing that matters is roars when you do something positive, songs in the background that you know are from your own fans.
Again, the conditions in the stadium tonight we're dreadful so that also played a part

I spent a fortune to get here, I stood in 30 degree heat with no water or food, having had the Guarda Civil be their usual over zealous selves and frankly the team were flat from the start too

That’s after having spent a fortune this season to watch us at every home game, at 70% of the domestic aways, and at all bar 2 euro aways

They raise us and we raise them

All to get told by a bunch of folk who watched it on the TV that we were a disgrace

Go fuxk yourselves
Now now Greig the mighty on here want your and mines assessment of why Frankfurt fans had a good night.

Oddly enough I couldnt tell them anything about Frankfurt, only what I saw, actually at the game in the Rangers end.

Along with 10,000 folk that follow and have 1500 (and well above) mygers points.

The folk that care and travel are distraught about one thing only tonight, the win.

The weirdos on here are all a fuddle at the irrelevances that effected their evenings enjoyment in the house.

Still we have something to pass the time ranting about as we while away the hours til we actually reach an aircraft.

You owe me a bottle of coke next season btw. Poor old guy beside you begging for a sip.

You are one of the uber staunch that called our fans a disgrace tonight and also in Manchester.

You also claim to have mentioned the issue of supposed glory hunters getting in before "real fans" yet you get offered final tickets for 2008 and pass them up!

Yeah I'm calling shite right there, especially from someone who claims to have went that distance and got the offer, knocks it back then proceeds to slag those that did go!

According to you, you would have sang real Rangers songs!

Can you point out where I called our fans a "disgrace"? Take your time.

Your second paragraph makes no sense. Criticising me for knocking back tickets for Man 2008 but saying I criticised those that took them. Why would I take tickets from more deserving fans? I was living in Oz for 2 years. I didnt deserve tickets so knocked them back.

You are wrong on so many fronts.

I was not in any position to travel and I'm in awe of the thousands that did and so I'm very reluctant to be too critical.

However, for having what looked like 70% of the stadium it looked and sounded a bit flat on TV from our fans for long spells except for a couple of solid efforts. Many looked totally sozzled and perhaps suffering from heatstroke or hangover. The Germans on the other hand looked organized and orchestrated from their tifo to their chanting.

Massively underlines how important our young union bears are at getting folks to sing.

Still have a lot of pride in the sheer numbers that mobilized and found their way to Seville.

Let's go and win the cup on the weekend.

I was not in any position to travel and I'm in awe of the thousands that did and so I'm very reluctant to be too critical.

However, for having what looked like 70% of the stadium it looked and sounded a bit flat on TV from our fans for long spells except for a couple of solid efforts. Many looked totally sozzled and perhaps suffering from heatstroke or hangover. The Germans on the other hand looked organized and orchestrated from their tifo to their chanting.

Massively underlines how important our young union bears are at getting folks to sing.

Still have a lot of pride in the sheer numbers that mobilized and found their way to Seville.

Let's go and win the cup on the weekend.

What we going to do if its too hot?

I don’t care TBH. It isn’t Rangers fault you decided to move, it’s legit weird people think anyone gives a f*ck about this shtick TBH

You haven’t lived here since 2006, go to Dingwall a few times a year I might consider listening at best

I live in Hamilton.

Now now Greig the mighty on here want your and mines assessment of why Frankfurt fans had a good night.

Oddly enough I couldnt tell them anything about Frankfurt, only what I saw, actually at the game in the Rangers end.

Along with 10,000 folk that follow and have 1500 mygers points.

The folk that care and travel are distraught about one thing only tonight, the win.

The weirdos on here are all a fuddle at the irrelevances that effected their evenings enjoyment in the house.

Still we have something to pass the time ranting about as we while away the hours til we actually reach an aircraft.

You owe me a bottle of coke next season btw. Poor old guy beside you begging for a sip.
I’ll buy you 2, starting at Hampden on Saturday

When no doubt we’ll be criticised again after what is frankly the most scunnering defeat I’ve ever suffered

I didn’t even realise he wanted a sip or I’d have absolutely dished out

Safe journey home mate, mind and not be outsung by a German

I’m a singer at games I wasn’t tonight , far to tense , the team were never in control , even after we scored I didn’t sing, all that was going thru my head is we might actually do this this is gonny be unbelievable, the fear of it taken away from us again was to much to let myself go, didn’t enjoy the occasion one bit , poor game coup of a ground, shambles getting in
Everyone is different I suppose but you must realise that attitude feeds through. It's a game of football ffs. If you have nerves then there's nothing better to get over it than bawling your brains out. Sitting quietly with head in hands is no use to anybody.

I’ll buy you 2, starting at Hampden on Saturday

When no doubt we’ll be criticised again after what is frankly the most scunnering defeat I’ve ever suffered

I didn’t even realise he wanted a sip or I’d have absolutely dished out

Safe journey home mate, mind and not be outsung by a German
You are fine this was hours after you got bottle 2. About 8 folk got half of bottle 3 in second half, old fella was in bits and got a turn.

Was strange atmosphere being surrounded by Frankfurt fans and hardly able to hear the chants coming from the Rangers end.

I sang most lyrics, but was genuinely close to exhaustion due to the water/juice situation.
Just back in from the stadium. We lost in the stands. I was in the “neutral” section literally at the opposite end from the Rangers end, was very difficult to coordinate across the length of the stadium.

I didn't mean it like that but I get what you mean too. However, those who managed to attend tonight did support the team, however there was lots of factors to it
I’ve looked out for the posts giving the circumstances, and it does seem that the stadium set up contributed to the singing/atmosphere! I’m sat at home watching it not calling our support out. Our support are unbelievable I’m a proud supporter, did it look like our normal support in Europe? NO….. it didn’, from s tv screen it looked and sounded mute

Everyone is different I suppose but you must realise that attitude feeds through. It's a game of football ffs. If you have nerves then there's nothing better to get over it than bawling your brains out. Sitting quietly with head in hands is no use to anybody.

Correct. Drive the team on to victory or just sit back and pray.

That sounds shocking all they talked about on Talksport today was the severe heat,there should have bottles of water accessible to everyone .
It was genuinely dangerous and very nearly caused a few punch ups with Frankfurt fans in the utterly bizarre neutral zone.

I left for the stadium at 6:35, got in at 7:30 after the OTT policing and then stood from 7:35 - 8:45 at a kiosk, trying to essentially batter my way through people to get a drink.

Eventually ran out and I just went back to the stand.

I think I seen @a_weir behind me (going off his picture on here and accent) at one point, when there was a good bit of hostility on the concourse.

At the airport after the game numerous bears (including my party) ordered a lot of drinks from Burger King and cited the shocking standards at the ground.

Last edited:
I’ve looked out for the posts giving the circumstances, and it does seem that the stadium set up contributed to the singing/atmosphere! I’m sat at home watching it not calling our support out. Our support are unbelievable I’m a proud supporter, did it look like our normal support in Europe? NO….. it didn’, from s tv screen it looked and sounded mute

Standby for all sorts of accusations.

This is what happens when most of the tickets go to cunts that are never at games. Also loads of weans there, what's the that all about? Waste of a ticket
The children up at corner flag were also in Braga and Leipzig.

Most of the people i saw go everywhere.

Just because its a Rangers face on the telly doesnt mean they bumped mygers folk. We were everywhere in the stadium. But the Rangers end was folk that go.

Back