Get to Auchenhowie for our players 5pm - they need us now more than ever

midlandbear

I would love for our guys to get a heroes welcome arriving at the training ground.
They will all be feeling at their lowest and that’s where we (as we always do) step up. That’s our job.

They took us to a final that many of us never thought we would see again, and within a penalty kick of winning it.

It’s things like this that set us apart from the rest. We follow follow win, lose, or draw.

Edit: the team is being collected from the aircraft and taken straight to Auchenhowie. They should enter the training complex via the rear gates. Arriving at the airport 4:44pm so if we get to the training ground for 5pm we should be there in plenty of time.

Last edited:
I would love for our guys to get a heroes welcome coming off the plane.
They will all be feeling at their lowest and that’s where we (as we always do) step up. That’s our job.

They took us to a final that many of us never thought we would see again, and within a penalty kick of winning it.

It’s things like this that set us apart from the rest. We follow follow win, lose, or draw.
Brilliant suggestion.

The guys gave their all even if they didnt play to their best on the night.

Now more than ever, the team need to be backed to ensure that cup comes back to Ibrox on saturday.

Last edited:
Brilliant suggestion.

The guys gave their all even if they didnt play to their best on the night.

More now than ever, the team need to be backed to ensure that cup comes back to Ibrox on saturday.
This 100%

The season is not over and it’s our job to make sure our guys are lifted from their disappointment.

We are all hurting, but they need us now more than ever. We need to step up.

I would love for our guys to get a heroes welcome coming off the plane.

Totally agree and a huge backing from the fans in cup final too will lift them.

That’s what should happen.

But will the armchair loyal be even bothered enough to travel a relatively short distance (for most) whilst those of us over here recover from the on set of dehydration and eventually make our way home.
If we know our role as supporters, it happens. This team need us now, right now. They are fkin devastated and only we can change that.

I agree 100%. and, by the way, John Lundstram, if you ever read this - you are wrong. You did not let anyone down. You played your heart out for us and it just wasn't to be. We are proud of you all and you all have every right to be proud of yourselves.
Let last night be a springboard for the future - there are thousands of hate filled scummy bigots (just read their fanzines) who need to be driven back into their sewers - starting this Saturday.

When the fly out the don’t go through the terminal building anymore. They go through where people on private planes go so going outwards you wouldn’t see them. Not sure what it’s like coming back, whether they go through the normal arrivals area. Anyone know?

I agree 100%. and, by the way, John Lundstrom, if you ever read this - you are wrong. You did not let anyone down. You played your heart out for us and it just wasn't to be. We are proud of you all and you all have every right to be proud of yourselves.
Let last night be a springboard for the future - there are thousands of hate filled scummy bigots (just read their fanzines) who need to be driven back into their sewers - starting this Saturday.

Yes mate.

However I would say it doesn’t start this Saturday, it starts when our weary and heartbroken players step off that plane. They need to see blue, they need to hear us, then need to feel our support.

We don’t hide or disappear when things go wrong like like the rest. We step up and face the next challenge.

When the fly out the don’t go through the terminal building anymore. They go through where people on private planes go so going outwards you wouldn’t see them. Not sure what it’s like coming back, whether the go through the normal arrivals area. Anyone know?
They'll probably be kept airside and bussed out from there

When the fly out the don’t go through the terminal building anymore. They go through where people on private planes go so going outwards you wouldn’t see them. Not sure what it’s like coming back, whether they go through the normal arrivals area. Anyone know?
As far as I know there’s only one passport and visa control area so they would need to come out from normal arrivals.
I’ll double check though.

Great idea, too far away, but that would be fantastic for them.
They have did us proud.
We have a Final on Saturday, that would definitely help

But will the armchair loyal be even bothered enough to travel a relatively short distance (for most) whilst those of us over here recover from the on set of dehydration and eventually make our way home.

No they will criticise the fans who were over here at the game like they've done in all other threads.

We are now heading to Lisbon for our flight 3 hour drive then we have a 6 hour drive home.

Prawn sandwich brigade we've been called on here, not loyal fans despite following rangers everywhere.

The guys that post these comments are the arm chair fans who would struggle to make their way to Ibrox or go once or twice a year.

Easy for me to say as I live in Sussex but this would be terrific if there could be numbers there.
It's what we do and we will follow through to Saturday. We'll done to those who can get there.
Thank you

Great idea.

The sense of deflation is palpable.

But we have to rouse ourselves for a Scottish cup final - the last time we won one of those was the year after our previous euro final !

Does anyone have contact with SLO? Find out if they are being bussed directly from the ramps or coming into the main terminal?

I know emotions are raw today mate, but that’s a bit of a generalisation.

I’ve only missed one home game all season (Covid) been at both Hampden semis and stood outside numerous away grounds searching for tickets.

Didn’t go to Sevilla yesterday as couldn’t escape work and my young lad had a Higher exam.

I did however get tickets on the UEFA sale last Friday, which I sold at face value to 2 lads I’d never met before in the local RSC ( I’m not a member, but a mate is).

I’ll def drive to the airport 90 mins each way, if some of the ITK lads on this thread confirms the players will come through the public area.

We can ponder on the would've, could've, should've but we reached a European final and although it wasn't our time we have to move on and support our team no matter what.

I will always be proud to be a Bear and this will never change.

We have celebrated the good times and criticised the bad times but in all honesty seeing how many fans travelled to Seville and how many fans back home were preparing for the final, it proves one thing, that we are the Greatest Team and the Greatest Fans in the world!

No they will criticise the fans who were over here at the game like they've done in all other threads.

We are now heading to Lisbon for our flight 3 hour drive then we have a 6 hour drive home.

Prawn sandwich brigade we've been called on here, not loyal fans despite following rangers everywhere.

The guys that post these comments are the arm chair fans who would struggle to make their way to Ibrox or go once or twice a year.

Yea prawn sandwich brigade that’s a good one. I wonder if the prawn sandwich brigade wash their food down with tap water from the toilets.

I had to drive back to Portugal after the match so that was a one hour walk and a 2.5 hour drive after the match.

I know emotions are raw today mate, but a bit of a generalisation.

I’ve only missed one home game all season (Covid) been a both Hampden semis and stood outside numerous away grounds searching for tickets.

Didn’t go to Sevilla yesterday as couldn’t escape work and my young lad had a Higher exam.

I did however get tickets on the UEFA sale last Friday, which I sold at face value to 2 lads I’d never met before in the local RSC ( I’m not a member, but a mate is).

I’ll def drive to the airport 90 mins each way, if some of the ITK lads on this thread confirms the players will come through the public area.
Good I hope it happens the players deserve it.

If they are not going in to the terminal, they will come out of the gate to the airfield on St Andrew’s drive. There’s a large car park there for the car hire firms. That car park needs to be blue.

Yea prawn sandwich brigade that’s a good one. I wonder if the prawn sandwich brigade wash their food down with tap water from the toilets.

I had to drive back to Portugal after the match so that was a one hour walk and a 2.5 hour drive after the match.
The prawn sandwich brigade go everywhere also.

Some odd and peculiar descriptions of our fans on here today, given we are less than 24hrs after witnessing 100,000 people travelling to Spain.
Embarrassing mate. Looks like myself and you land as arm chair fans for not being there. For what it’s worth I had a free ticket from Rangers for those having wee snort digs. It’s a lot of money tonfollow Rangers and I’m lucky to able to do it but I haven’t got kids to fend for

Just left Seville to travel to Alicante. Flight home tomorrow unfortunately or id have been there if I was back on time.

Someone take my place please! :)

Anybody that can make it should absolutely go and welcome them back.

Then on Saturday we need to really raise the roof at Hampden. This squad deserves no less.

Embarrassing mate. Looks like myself and you land as arm chair fans for not being there. For what it’s worth I had a free ticket from Rangers for those having wee snort digs. It’s a lot of money tonfollow Rangers and I’m lucky to able to do it but I haven’t got kids to fend for

(Looks like he’s back)

(p.s. I was there) :)

Real fan loyal :D

Back