Billy Gilmour loan.

Great if true. Would prefer us buying him.

He would be a great addition to our squad.

He's a good player and if you can't see that time will tell.

Don’t really think we need a player of Gilmours style to play in Scottish football. Don’t think it would suit him.
A different scenario in Europe games though.

I very much doubt there is anything in this, but he shouldn't be completely judged on his loan to Norwich. That was a bad loan from Chelsea. He is a player that is great in possession of the ball, and he went to an absolutely shocking Norwich team that he just didn't suit whatsoever.

I have watched every game he has played for Scotland, and he has been potential MOTM in each of those games or close to it. Scotlands upturn in form coincides with Gilmour being a constant starter in midfield.

Norwich just seems like an unhappy and toxic Football club. Their fans sick of jumping between the EPL and Championship. He wouldn’t be the only good player to struggle in that side.

At the same time I believe some of his stats contradict the general perception of his Norwich performances.

He looks brilliant every time he plays for Scotland.

That still isnt giving him shit.
Hundreds of thousands of kids have to make choices that will shape their future at 15. Sorry if I'm not caring about a guy making hundreds of thousands a year.
Does it matter how much money he makes? As long as he’s good for the team is the main thing.

I take it you didn’t want Ramsey either?

4lads saying rubbish. Given family connections, and the fact he seems to take his role as a ‘Gers blogger seriously, would indicate that there’s nothing in this.
One could argue that by taking his role as a Gers blogger seriously he wouldn’t confirm anything until official from the club so as not to affect the transfer.

Would love to see Gilmour in the team but only if an option to buy

Aye because he’s so similar to Gilmour :))

You’re just coming across as bitter. If anyone improves the team he should be considered.
Haha...I'm not bitter. Fair play to him. But I wouldn't have him back.
Others have argued about developing other teams players. Why is Gilmour different?

Haha...I'm not bitter. Fair play to him. But I wouldn't have him back.
Others have argued about developing other teams players. Why is Gilmour different?
Glad you’re not bitter about it.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate really. I think he’s a very good player and he’ll be looking for another club. We might get him on a good deal, loan first anyway.

If Davis goes then Gilmour is a perfect replacement. Likewise if Kamara goes too. I don’t think he would be a hindrance to Lowry either so no problem there.

I’m not really that bothered, though it depends who stays or goes.

Playing for is country is massive for him, he has to look at the bigger picture and sign for us, he will fit us perfectly alongside lowry I'd say

I was just thinking the same pal, but who plays the right side of MF?

An explosive and attack minded MF, with a couple of tanks behind them.

Lundstram and Jack...

Have just heard from a good source that a loan deal has been agreed for him to come to us.
Another glory hunter… good source ok so tel is what’s your source been right about before let’s vet his credentials eh gees some back story to his source credibility eh….

Now way are we even interested, we don’t need a deep lying midfielder….plus I’m convinced this new Gio era will give opportunities to their younger squad members.

Grabbed the money and ran. Fock him.

And if he'd stayed he'd have been loaned to some league two side down south because Gerrard was pals with the manager. More than one decent young player's development stalled or was ruined because our loans for them seemed as much about helping out his pals than actually developing the youngsters for the first team.

I have zero doubt that neither Leon King or Alex Lowry would be considered first team players going into next season if Gerrard was still about. For any talented prospect to stick about there has to be a pathway into the first team, and that's only really started since January when Gio brought Lowry on for an injured Hagi. Before then it was just lip service from previous gaffers.

And if he'd stayed he'd have been loaned to some league two side down south because Gerrard was pals with the manager. More than one decent young player's development stalled or was ruined because our loans for them seemed as much about helping out his pals than actually developing the youngsters for the first team.

I have zero doubt that neither Leon King or Alex Lowry would be considered first team players going into next season if Gerrard was still about. For any talented prospect to stick about there has to be a pathway into the first team, and that's only really started since January when Gio brought Lowry on for an injured Hagi. Before then it was just lip service from previous gaffers.

I agree. Its always difficult to bring in youngsters when every game is a must win however, failure to do so means the youngsters will move elsewhere.

I agree. Its always difficult to bring in youngsters when every game is a must win however, failure to do so means the youngsters will move elsewhere.

It's a difficult balancing act, and I accept in Gerrard's first year especially it was a difficult time to try it because the focus was on setting a mentality in the first team. You need the perfect storm of the right player at the right position, leaders in the first team around those young lads and a manager not afraid to play them - and who knows when not to. I was frustrated at times with Lowry not playing as much as I thought he should, but I understand Gio has to pick the right moments for the youngsters until they find their feet.

With Lowry, he's the type of midfielder we've been crying out for. King is a composed young centre back at a time when that position is in flux for us. I think Cole McKinnon is another who could make the grade - goal scoring midfielder who doesn't look phased - but there's talented young lads in the B team who might never make it with us purely because there's no place for them in the team. But at least if Lowry and King become regulars, it can help convince other young lads to stay with us rather than jump to England at the first offer of big money. (And I do understand why lads make those moves - it's a short career and English clubs offer them life changing money at an age when their mates are apprentices, at school etc.)

Last edited:
I know he's lifted the Champions League trophy but you'd imagine he's seen us in Europe this season whilst languishing in Norwich thinking he'd like a proper chance with us. He'd absolutely shine under Gio.

Only 2 years older than Lowry but already has massive experience at the very top of the game.

To bring Billy home on a loan would be a big statement of intent. Wouldn't we have the cross border development fee advantage as he goes towards end of contract aswell (ironically)?

Think if I was him I'd be paying attention with what Chelsea do with Conor Gallagher who has a magic season out on loan

I get the, no loans argument, I can even understand the childish, he's made his bed responses.

But anyone who thinks he wouldn't be good enough and "can't see it" should seriously consider a different sport.

Would be a good for us but 2 things worry me
We will be developing a player, that will have no benifit for us in the long term.
Also what would this do for alex lowry's deveopment, would it put him down the pecking order.
Coming from PL to SPL would probably develop his career the same way that Lowry's has been developed in the Lowland league (in terms of dealing with the physicality), plus he would experience European football.
He plays a different role to Lowry so no reason why it should affect Lowry's development.

Bigger question is would he get in the side ahead of Jack or Lundstram or Kamara as a #6 or #8
No doubt he's a great wee player but I think we have other priorities...

Why are people always obsessed about bringing players back? Let’s Let’s develop our own instead of Chelsea’s player.

Back