The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this comparison of Kent with Jota is just guff. Jota might not even be here next season and if he is he could be another one season wonder like Sinclair. Kent has had spells when he has been off it but when he is on it he is a match changer and I doubt we would have been anywhere near Seville without him. Every player has a transfer value of course and we should still be maintaining a realistic wage cap. In my view Tav should be at least matching the highest salary paid to anyone else whether on the books or a new summer signing.

If we can strengthen the right hand side suitably then Kents numbers will improve greatly.

Sometimes he has up to 3 people marking him in Scotland which won't happen if they have to devote more attention to our other wing

Even regardless of numbers the workrate he has is amazing and he causes chaos.

Must also be said that he often starts the move but doesn't have the final pass so doesn't get the assist on his record

Lundstram’s goal v Leipzig. Kent’s back post cross which the defender knocked out to big John.

The interplays between Kent & Bassey last week too, absolutely roasted Hearts down the left.

It seems that Joseph Okumu, the Elfsborg CD we were credited with an interest last season, and who is now at Gent, is interesting Arsenal & that lhot.

I thought he ticked a lot of boxes & after missing out on Doekhi I hope we pursue him.
Similar pattern with both players we had a long standing interest and we never made a move for whatever reason probably financial more than anything else.

If we can strengthen the right hand side suitably then Kents numbers will improve greatly.

Sometimes he has up to 3 people marking him in Scotland which won't happen if they have to devote more attention to our other wing

Even regardless of numbers the workrate he has is amazing and he causes chaos.

Must also be said that he often starts the move but doesn't have the final pass so doesn't get the assist on his record
That has happened previously when Hagi was playing.

Kent was slaughtered when we lost 3-0 to them earlier in the season. Every time he had the ball there were 3 of that lot around him, crowding him out. Common sense would dictate that there should have been space for others to move in to for Kent to pass to but rarely, if at all, did that happen.

This doesn't mean Kent is immune from criticism but people get too hung up on stats. The best judge of a player has always been, and will continue to be, your eyes. If he adds goals consistently, which he is capable of, then he will go right to the top.

I wonder what nations/ leagues/ divisions we are scouting, anyone got any insight at all?

Was there not a data guy on here once who Rangers would contract for the odd trip abroad or something?

Seen there is a man mountain of a left back, who can play centre backs too. He has pace , dynamic movement , great final phase delivery a Herculean will to win.
He has excelled against elite teams in Europe, driving his team forward against the odds to secure victories against favoured opponents.
Heard absolutely loves our club to bits, only problem is he would cost £25-£30 million.

Do you think we should try and get him on loan ?

At least until January window, it would definitely help us to secure champions league football through the qualifiers .

I wonder what nations/ leagues/ divisions we are scouting, anyone got any insight at all?

Was there not a data guy on here once who Rangers would contract for the odd trip abroad or something?
Yeah, but I think the Hamilton Rambo on these forums has a better hit rate than him if my memory recalls correctly. Pun intended.

Seen there is a man mountain of a left back, who can play centre backs too. He has pace , dynamic movement , great final phase delivery a Herculean will to win.
He has excelled against elite teams in Europe, driving his team forward against the odds to secure victories against favoured opponents.
Heard absolutely loves our club to bits, only problem is he would cost £25-£30 million.

Do you think we should try and get him on loan ?

At least until January window, it would definitely help us to secure champions league football through the qualifiers .

giphy.gif

What if a CL group were acquired?. What might his stock and value be if he he were a stand out there?
Absolutely. But what if he breaks a leg in pre-season?
I don't want to sell him. Ge's a wonderful player and an absolutely fabulous guy.
But if we want to cash in, which we do, the time is now.

I don't really want to sell Bassey, but if we're offered £20-25m for him then I wouldn't stand in his way. Ideally that would allow us to bring in at least 5 starters across the pitch (LB, CB, CM, RW, CF).
If we can get £20m for Kamara and Aribo combined I'd be happy with that (we're not getting more than £10m for Aribo in the last year of his contract).

Haven't heard any rumours but I'd love to sign Solbakken from Bodo/Glimt.
He's agreed terms with Roma. The clubs haven't agreed a fee yet though. Matter of time.

With the money from the EL run, the income of player sales and the need to overhaul large areas of the squad, surely Rangers break their transfer spend record this summer?

When @stephen ferris asks @DocStone if he has heard anything then I will know this thread is about to deliver.

As things stand

GK

Hodson
Considine
CB
LB

Holt
CM
Lewis Ferguson

RW
Big Brucey
Weiss

Great potential in the team but business still to be done. Murmurings of season tickets making their way back to Edmiston Dr pronto if Rangers don’t start daeing hings soon.
It's not just Doc Stone he asks!

You've got admire his persistence though!

I don't really want to sell Bassey, but if we're offered £20-25m for him then I wouldn't stand in his way. Ideally that would allow us to bring in at least 5 starters across the pitch (LB, CB, CM, RW, CF).
If we can get £20m for Kamara and Aribo combined I'd be happy with that (we're not getting more than £10m for Aribo in the last year of his contract).

Haven't heard any rumours but I'd love to sign Solbakken from Bodo/Glimt.
They got 14 i think it was for Ajer and about the same for Edouard in the last year of their contracts. Aribo is absolutely worth 15 in the last year of his contract.

When @stephen ferris asks @DocStone if he has heard anything then I will know this thread is about to deliver.

As things stand

GK

Hodson
Considine
CB
LB

Holt
CM
Lewis Ferguson

RW
Big Brucey
Weiss

Great potential in the team but business still to be done. Murmurings of season tickets making their way back to Edmiston Dr pronto if Rangers don’t start daeing hings soon.

You can add alleged child sex offender Gylfi Sigurdsson, £100,000 per-week rated James Tarkowski, and Regan Charles "The Chef" Cook.

Celtic are about to bang out close to 7 million for a player who doesn't have that many more goals than that and didn't make a European team of the season.

The whole Kent doesn't do enough for a 7 million pound player thing is a bit of a myth TBH
Jota scored 10 and assisted 10 in the league this season. Kent scored 2 and assisted 8.

I wouldnt judge kent on stats but 1 thing i do judge is any attacking player not having at least 10-15 goals a season

Or you constantly talking down our best players, it’s usually Morelos right enough with you.
I’ve been one of Kent’s biggest fans on here tbh but just starting to realise he’s been here four years and only got double figures in one season. For someone who cost us 7m it just isn’t anywhere near good enough.

My original point was Kent’s numbers domestically aren’t good enough.

Stats don’t tell the full story, though. If they did you’d play Sakala instead of Kent.

Indeed, someone referenced Bruce Anderson’s stats being better than Morelos - but who are you playing?

The Cup Final was a great example of what Kent does. Wright’s goal begins just outside our box with Kent initially breaking up the Hearts play.

Assists depends on others scoring - we’ve missed a ton this season. But yes, he should be scoring more.

I’ve been one of Kent’s biggest fans on here tbh but just starting to realise he’s been here four years and only got double figures in one season. For someone who cost us 7m it just isn’t anywhere near good enough.
Look at his other stats assists goal involvements etc .

Stats don’t tell the full story, though. If they did you’d play Sakala instead of Kent.

Indeed, someone referenced Bruce Anderson’s stats being better than Morelos - but who are you playing?

The Cup Final was a great example of what Kent does. Wright’s goal begins just outside our box with Kent initially breaking up the Hearts play.

Assists depends on others scoring - we’ve missed a ton this season. But yes, he should be scoring more.
So true mate it’s lazy , oh he doesn’t get the goals blah blah blah .

The only thing holding Kent back is his appalling finishing.

Everything else is there, including the workrate.

Agreed. His work ethic is superb, his ability to take players on is superb, his assists likewise. He just needs some serious Roy Maakay coaching time over the pre season. Kent is already an excellent player for us, he could be outstanding if he can add this.

Agreed. His work ethic is superb, his ability to take players on is superb, his assists likewise. He just needs some serious Roy Maakay coaching time over the pre season. Kent is already an excellent player for us, he could be outstanding if he can add this.
Apologies for digressing in thus transfer thread and I am far from a top coach, but to me Kent has two problems in the finishing department - hanging on to the ball for too long and snatching at the shot when he pulls the trigger

Both can definitely be improved on by coaching. I feel a few minor changes could turn Kent into an Elite level player

The problem is the lack of instinct Kent has for shots. Often shoots at the wrong time & can never judge how close/far the ball should be to him when he shoots, that Christie that was at the tims was the same. Comes so naturally for so many of us who are dire at football as well.

Or you constantly talking down our best players, it’s usually Morelos right enough with you.
Is that not just standard for FF? We’ve just reached a europa league final, finished one old firm result away from beating the scum who went a phenomenal run, and won the Scottish cup and folk here have been calling for the whole team to be ripped apart!

Is that not just standard for FF? We’ve just reached a europa league final, finished one old firm result away from beating the scum who went a phenomenal run, and won the Scottish cup and folk here have been calling for the whole team to be ripped apart!
Players like Aribo,Kent and Morelos need moved on this season if they aren’t signing new deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back