Jurgen Klopp.Yay Or Nay

Guardiola would have won a lot more with that Liverpool side.

BO ridden manky Klopp flatters to deceive. Been given an obscene amount of cash to play with over the past 8 years and yet everyone acts like he’s uncovered hidden gems.

The blind eye that gets turned to his insane spending at Liverpool compared to Guardiola at City being criticised is pathetic.

Liverpool have sold players to balance the books, Coutinho being the best example. They have also still had money to reinvest in Anfield. They are not a sovereign wealth fund like City or Newcastle or a club with near endless loans like Chelsea (although that has nicely come to an end)

He's an arrogant wank and the mask usually slips when things aren't going his way.

Liverpool have sold players to balance the books, Coutinho being the best example. They have also still had money to reinvest in Anfield. They are not a sovereign wealth fund like City or Newcastle or a club with near endless loans like Chelsea (although that has nicely come to an end

Balance the books? They sold him then broke the world transfer fees for a defender and a goalkeeper.

Obviously a brilliant manager and the type of character that the game needs.

Love him or hate him, he brings a layer of entertainment with his personality like a Mourinho.

Despite the result tonight, his team also plays a cracking brand of football.

Balance the books? They sold him then broke the world transfer fees for a defender and a goalkeeper.

They signed both for basically the amount they got for Coutinho, many even less if memory serves.

He's an arrogant wank and the mask usually slips when things aren't going his way.

Emm, yes they sold a player for £120m and reinvested in 2 new players. I’m not suggesting they have a zero spend but they’ve done pretty well in player trading down the years (look at transfermrkt) unlike say Chelsea who ended up with a £1.5B debt.

Don't like managers who change into club tracksuits and baseball caps just to jump about a wee square area like they are 'one of the team'. Weirdos

Is 4 trophies in 7 years a success?
Hard to say. They have been up against an opponent that has spent more than any other in world football and who, as a result, have been able to field strong sides in all competitions. Liverpool have gradually built to the situation they are now in but they still don’t have £50m reserves.

His record of 1 win in 4 European finals is not good enough.

Sorry OP but that’s a ridiculous question of course he has been a success.
As for the man himself- I used to like him but his nice guy mask slips very easily when things don’t go his way. He has been an absolute c.unt to interviewers at times.
I also think he is very guilty of playing to the gallery/cameras, total pain in the arse at times.

Set your thoughts about Liverpool the club and city and the Premier League more generally to one side, Jurgen Klopp is an outstanding manager. Anyone who says otherwise isn't worth listening to.

Think to be honest any football person that comes on here and goes on about not liking Klopp is just going out their way to seem controversial but coming across as a bit of an arse.
How so? It’s not just on these shores he’s been a pain in the arse.

I think he's in the conversation as are others as someone pointed out Ancelotti has 5 CL wins so he could be the best
I don’t doubt he’s right up there I just think it would be a tougher case to make given what one or two others have done.

1 final win, against Spurs, a club who won feck all, and one league title win (which was incredible in all fairness). He’s clearly one of the best but not sure anyone can really put him at the top now.

How so? It’s not just on these shores he’s been a pain in the arse.
Because that's the way it seems. The guy speaks with passion and doesn't just give boring soundbites buy hey ho let's get the pitchforks out for that :eek:

I don’t doubt he’s right up there I just think it would be a tougher case to make given what one or two others have done.

1 final win, against Spurs, a club who won feck all, and one league title win (which was incredible in all fairness). He’s clearly one of the best but not sure anyone can really put him at the top now.
It's hard to say who's the best a lot would say Pep but he's spend an amazing amount of money but Barca apart has been a failure in the CL

You’ve got to be stupid to think his time at Liverpool isn’t successful. Have a think - when people say Gerrard’s time wasn’t successful and we discuss our transformation as a club and in Europe.. soon as it’s non Rangers everyone flips their argument, yawn.

It's hard to say who's the best a lot would say Pep but he's spend an amazing amount of money but Barca apart has been a failure in the CL
Klopp broke the record transfer fees for both goalkeeper and centre half….

I don’t believe he’s ever won a CL trophy outside that one against Spurs either!

He's been an outstanding success. The oil money has skewed everything and made a joke of competition but he has spent half of what Man City have in his 7 years at Liverpool and £300 million less than Chelsea and Man Utd and less than Arsenal.

If you look at the last 3 seasons then it's even more stark - he's spent less than all those clubs above plus less than Villa, Everton, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham and Wolves! What he has achieved is remarkable even if they have come up short a few times.

Guardiola would have won a lot more with that Liverpool side.

BO ridden manky Klopp flatters to deceive. Been given an obscene amount of cash to play with over the past 8 years and yet everyone acts like he’s uncovered hidden gems.

The blind eye that gets turned to his insane spending at Liverpool compared to Guardiola at City being criticised is pathetic.
Oh, seriously . . . . . ?

Let's be honest who isn't. Just that he's a bit more passionate than a lot.
He takes it to a whole new level blaming grass, weather and all sorts. He acts the nice funny guy when things are going his way but when they arent the mask comes off and hes just a prick.

Last edited:
Its a weird one. Sometimes I think hes brilliant sometimes he comes across as an arrogant arse

But you cant deny what a brilliant job hes done. Fine margins tonight

I'm same, can't make my mind up on him as a person.

As a manager, he's one of the best in the world right now. That's not a debate imo.

Back