The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart Robertson said last year we were almost at breakeven as a business. This was before we brought in the Patterson/Gerrard money and made the Europa Final.

The board defenders on here continually ignore this important point. We should be in a healthy profit for this year.

If the directors want to start pulling out their cash for their loans that's fine but we were told the loans they provided were going to turn to equity and wouldn't need to be paid back so we've been lied to if that's the case.
The last batch of loans are interest bearing and not being converted to equity. That was made clear.

You are correct that we were told we were on track to be self sufficient this season.

That is before Gerrard comp (no payout for Gio and his team), Patterson sale, run beyond last 32 like previous seasons and now Itten sale.

We should have a significant profit margin this year available to player trade.

The whole player trade model dies if we arent buying in new players.

I just hope you don't take care of the bills in your house bro because your numbers are all over the place.

Fingers crossed for the magical money tree in your garden to blossom soon
Ah ok sure :)

Take it your happy we lost the league and missed an easy route in to the champions league last season.

You can’t seem to grasp the fact a few more millions would very possibly have made all the difference and we would be sitting on a massive pot of money while theirs would have been rapidly receding.

I said in an earlier post - I really hope Helander shakes off his injury problems next season & is available for selection most of the time
Because - without wishing to be negative -
I don't think that Bassey at centre back is the best use of his talents & I also have concerns about his heading ability
He's much more suited to a full back role IMO

I also have reservations about Souttar as a 1st choice starter - I hope I'm wrong - but judging by the performances I've witnessed over a number of years- I think he's got just as many flaws as he has positives & can only see him as a Simpson replacement

Now we don't have Balogun- but have Katic back - I still see Helander as the best of this bunch & regrettably we could struggle without him - IMO

£5 million on a left back to be behind Bassey in the pecking order? Never going to happen. Only way this makes sense is if its Bassey we're selling instead of Borna.
Or do we see Bassey as a center back and the most reliable in a partnership with Goldson? Or even left of a back 3

When our loanees return, we will have 25 outfield players over 21 year old. I can only see a right winger coming in unless we get rid of about 6 or 7 players. Our wage bill is still far to high.
This.

Our squad is way too big , we need at least half a dozen trimmed off it before we bring anyone in.

The last batch of loans are interest bearing and not being converted to equity. That was made clear.

You are correct that we were told we were on track to be self sufficient this season.

That is before Gerrard comp (no payout for Gio and his team), Patterson sale, run beyond last 32 like previous seasons and now Itten sale.

We should have a significant profit margin this year available to player trade.

The whole player trade model dies if we arent buying in new players.

But all the FF Accountants say otherwise.

If you expect money to be spent you're basically advocating we go bust again :rolleyes:

What you say sounds nice, but I don't believe we have £5 million to spend on that area of the team. Most people would see left back as pretty far down on our list of priorities this Summer.

If we're going to spend £5 million on a left back this window, then our transfer budget is probably a lot higher than people are expecting.
If it was a change in system then it would absolutely be a priority signing

You can’t see the link between King going and Park holding the purse strings can you.

Another 2-3 decent players last season the league would have been ours and we would have had 2 appearances in the champions league 60-80 million better off.
When King was chairman it was regularly soft loans from Park that was providing the funding for transfers. He joked about it at an AGM.

You can’t see the link between King going and Park holding the purse strings can you.

Another 2-3 decent players last season the league would have been ours and we would have had 2 appearances in the champions league 60-80 million better off.

You can’t say that with any confidence surely??

2-3 “decent players” wouldn’t have stopped Mcgregors drop in form

You can’t say that with any confidence surely??

2-3 “decent players” wouldn’t have stopped Mcgregors drop in form
No it certainly wouldn’t but several other games we would have been out of sight we drew with Motherwell and Heats at Ibrox as we couldn’t put the ball in the net .

We missed Morelos a good few games even before injury had played everyone apart from the Tea lady RW

For God's sake.

We didn't break even for 3 years with europa group stage so what's changed?

Honest to God man

Quite a lot of things.

We stopped spending money on transfer fees and the pandemic has passed to list two big factors in our losses for the last 3 years right away. Bisgrove also doubling/tripling our sponsorship revenue in that time.

It's not as clear cut as you think.

A free reign? Don't they need to spend almost £20m merely to maintain what they currently have?!

Weird notion, I know, but we could also carry on down the Aribo/Bassey route of recruitment which will likely result in a fee that funds a summer's business.
They need to spend 16 million just to keep Jota and Carter-Vickers. Incidentally, that amounts to a 42 million pound spend by them last year. But it's being touted as the biggest and bestest rebuild in the history of the world ever.
They're nearest rivals - us - spent 40 million pounds less.

I and others ??

I’ve hardly mentioned money for a long time infact I’ve not posted much for months so I think you need to go back and check.

The amount of money we are all pumping in to the club we should be making at least a couple of half decent signings every year.

I spent on upwards of 2k last season not adding going to Seville as did a lot of others.

We are letting the tramps have a free reign if we don’t properly invest we have just handed them at least 30 million.
How much of it went to Rangers. Going to Seville gave nothing to the club, same as any away game.

I'd take £10m this summer for Aribo. That money could be put to good use elsewhere in the team.

Aribo, on his day, is unplayable. The harsh fact is that we don't see those days often enough.

Absolutely no doubt we'll be taking £10m for Aribo in the last year of his deal mate.

Good player with the potential to be great but not irreplaceable for us.

Read the article to the point of the ridiculous insinuation, to suggest , we can’t buy until we either sell or qualify for champs league is nothing more than tim fabrication.
Outside of a RW and ST, we can't sign until we sell. We have no space in the squad.

We have atleast 2 players for every position (except RW and back up ST). We also have a lot of squad bloat in CB and CM.

Rangers loan-to-buy deal to sign Jack Butland mooted as BBC Sport share Crystal Palace transfer update​

Sun journalist Alan Nixon has mooted the possibility of Rangers signing Crystal Palace goalkeeper Jack Butland on a loan-to-buy deal this summer.

On 28 May, Nixon reported on The Sun’s website that Rangers are interested in signing Butland while BBC Sport claimed on 27 May that Sam Johnstone’s expected arrival at Selhurst Park “is likely to trigger the departure of” the 29-year-old shot-stopper.

Writing on his Patreon account on Saturday (4 June), Nixon told one of his subscribers that “a loan with a view to buy might work” for the Light Blues to strike a deal for Butland this summer.

I'd take £10m this summer for Aribo. That money could be put to good use elsewhere in the team.

Aribo, on his day, is unplayable. The harsh fact is that we don't see those days often enough.
You could bring in 2/3 attackers and transform our frontline with £10 million.

RW CAM ST

The ill informed perma rage is brutal on here. I don't spend any time on other team's forums, is this exclusive to our support or is it the norm?

I'd be sad to see him go and they would be getting a very good player for £10m but if we can get the deal done quickly and can start planning our transfers early then I'd take the money on Aribo. Don't want it dragging on.

Rangers loan-to-buy deal to sign Jack Butland mooted as BBC Sport share Crystal Palace transfer update​

Sun journalist Alan Nixon has mooted the possibility of Rangers signing Crystal Palace goalkeeper Jack Butland on a loan-to-buy deal this summer.

On 28 May, Nixon reported on The Sun’s website that Rangers are interested in signing Butland while BBC Sport claimed on 27 May that Sam Johnstone’s expected arrival at Selhurst Park “is likely to trigger the departure of” the 29-year-old shot-stopper.

Writing on his Patreon account on Saturday (4 June), Nixon told one of his subscribers that “a loan with a view to buy might work” for the Light Blues to strike a deal for Butland this summer.

I don't watch much English football, would this be a good signing?

Good god no. He’s shit :))

It’s a weird one with Butland as he obviously had huge potential but staying with Stoke when they went down seemed to ruin his career trajectory. Got injured around that time iirc and he’s never been the same since. With goalkeepers though it’s all about having the right confidence levels and being in the right environment to perform. His next move will be an interesting one as he’s done well when actually played for Palace but never taken the number one place. I’m just not sure I’d want his next move to be with us.

Aribo to Palace has been the rumour for months and will be all summer until the move happens.

I think it's a cert. Its a good fit for club & player.

Palace is a good fit for Joe in terms of the location being close to his origins

But the way Palace played last season I can't see Joe's skill & ability fitting in or getting it's full exposure there

Of course there's a good chance Viera has a different system, formation, style of play planned for next season
I've got the impression Viera's been frustrated & limited by the team he's inherited & would prefer a more creative lineup - so maybe Joe gets him closer to that

Anyway I still think Joe would be really well suited to continental European style football

Nixon is well connected at Palace

What happened to the Patterson money, Gerrard money and the countless millions from getting to a UEFA cup final.

If we don’t have at least a budget of 10 million without selling anyone something is far wrong.
Covid, deferred wages, player transfer structured fees, Ibrox improvements, legal litigation. The idea of being self sufficient is not that we run with a huge deficit for 7 years then spend every bit of profit when we make one.

We have to sell players. It's as simple as that.
Those in last year of contract must be sold unless we see gain on extending their contracts.

For me its time to move on aribo, Kent, and roofe as I think we have taken them as far as we can. Those sales should fund the next generation of players.

I don't watch much English football, would this be a good signing?

Like many English players at the time that are young and half decent they get hyped beyond belief and then never reach that potential. Always had a clanger in him as well maybe a change of scene and league would help him but I don't think we should be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back