Cyprus v Northern Ireland, Wales v Ukraine & other Sunday football

Not a huge fan of the Scottish national team but he got his line up all wrong.

Hickey talks the talk but looked like a lost sheep out there. Hanley and Cooper have had awful seasons at club level and should have been on the bench. McTominay in defence doesn't work and would be far more effective in the role Jack plays.

Clarke is safe for the foreseeable thanks to Euro qualification

Aye mate, your life would be really terrible having to listen to that. Hopefully you enjoy the tournament now and you won’t need to worry about minor things like the complete obliteration of a country. :rolleyes:
I’m sure you show the same concern for every country currently experiencing atrocities

They’re happy to host a WC off the back of slave labour, countless workers dead etc, but would have you believe Ukraine is the only place people are currently suffering

If the hypocrisy doesn’t disgust you then you’re beyond help

Crazy isn't it? Messi and Ronaldo are fantastic players in their own right! Instead of comparing one against the other I'm too busy enjoying them anytime I see them playing. They are unique and their likes wont be seen again for many a long day.

Yup. Arguably the two greatest players to ever grace the game but some fanboys of either player will diss the other with some unsubstantiated nonsense.

Case in point, apparently Ronaldos goal scoring exploits for United this season aren’t that impressive because who he scored against and actually he is the reason United are shite.

Lol.

Think our fans are quite right to feel a bit cheated fo be honest. Obviously his name and previous form has been enough to fannyjazzle a few self proclaimed experts, but really, to come here and contribute so little then do the 90 minutes for Wales isn’t a good look and it more or less ties in with what Juve fans have been saying all along.

I’m sure you show the same concern for every country currently experiencing atrocities

They’re happy to host a WC off the back of slave labour, countless workers dead etc, but would have you believe Ukraine is the only place people are currently suffering

You were having a go at Ukrainian people's 'sob stories', but you're now pretending it was about FIFA.

It's in keeping with the generally consistant lunacy of your posts recently though.

An invasion of a major European country by a nuclear armed power is much more serious than any conflict arguably since the second world war. There's always loonies fighting in the Middle East or Africa.

Think our fans are quite right to feel a bit cheated fo be honest. Obviously his name and previous form has been enough to fannyjazzle a few self proclaimed experts, but really, to come here and contribute so little then do the 90 minutes for Wales isn’t a good look and it more or less ties in with what Juve fans have been saying all along.
I think his performance for Wales was quite similar to his performances at Ibrox, he wasnt great he didnt do anything worth speaking about.

And who the %^*& would even care or listen to Juve fans they play in a league thats not much better than ours.

How many CL winners in that Ukraine squad? Spoiler it's none.

Look take Zinchenko out that Ukraine squad and they are beyond ordinary. Scotland have for the first time in a long time a squad that can achieve things. 8 outta 10 with the right approach Scotland beat this Ukraine team. Problem is your coach is a drunken mess.
Champions league winner that Ive never seen have a good game for Scotland. We have a few individually good players and some absolute mince. Ukraine play like a team.

Wales have Bale and Ramsey yet Ukraine were far better than them today. Individuals do not make a good team.

^
Pretty much sums it up in a balanced way.
I have no idea what we were paying him but I’d be surprised if it was anything less than £30k a week. We took a gamble, it failed.

There is no way we were getting him for buttons, I agree.

The big money way on the clause though, made it well worthwhile for Juve.
Also the fact he wasn’t missed at all, underlined it.

It was a huge failure for such a high profile player.

Don't know about that.
Seriously when you look at Wales they have some superstars,
Well one at least.
And some decent talent.
Who are playing at a mucher higher level.

What do we have?
Gilmour.
And he had the season from hell last season.
And as far the others.

Robertson, McGregor, McGinn, Tierney, (who can't even last 1/2 a season) McTominay, Hanley, Lee Cooper, O'Donnell, Christie, Armstrong, and 40 + year old keeper... etc...

Plus a coach who it seems has learn't nothing from the Euros.

I'm afraid, I don't share you optimism.
What's the common denominator of these players,I wonder?

Champions league winner that Ive never seen have a good game for Scotland. We have a few individually good players and some absolute mince. Ukraine play like a team.

Wales have Bale and Ramsey yet Ukraine were far better than them today. Individuals do not make a good team.

No but you build around them. And Scotland have more 'individuals' than Ukraine

Also if Ukraine were so good why are they not going to the World Cup?

He also played the 90 minutes, ran himself into the ground and was excellent for them vs Austria in March to get them to todays match.

I remember seeing the Juventus fans say the exact same things when we signed him, that he’d never be available then suddenly be MOTM for Wales, and sadly we seem to have been duped by him too.

Because Wales keeper and defenders played a blinder. Italy are better than Wales and they arent going either.

Is that not their job? The point is Scotland have a squad on par with Ukraine. Italy came up against Portugual if they had got Ukraine they'd also be going to the World cup......

He also played the 90 minutes, ran himself into the ground and was excellent for them vs Austria in March to get them to todays match.

I remember seeing the Juventus fans say the exact same things when we signed him, that he’d never be available then suddenly be MOTM for Wales, and sadly we seem to have been duped by him too.
Yeah that’s right. I mean it’s kind of hard to ignore the evidence isn’t it, and the chances it’s some giant coincidence seem quite remote.

Yet we’ve actually got fans who’d offer him a contract.

Not a huge fan of the Scottish national team but he got his line up all wrong.

Hickey talks the talk but looked like a lost sheep out there. Hanley and Cooper have had awful seasons at club level and should have been on the bench. McTominay in defence doesn't work and would be far more effective in the role Jack plays.

Clarke is safe for the foreseeable thanks to Euro qualification
Jack Hendry won the Belgian league with Brugge. Came on after Cooper had already had a nightmare. Say what you want about Ralston and O'Donnell but at least they're right sided players. Why Hickey wasn't hooked after 15 minutes is beyond me. Agree with your comment about McTominay. All in all very disappointing, but once again we're having to ask "who else would do the job?"

Is that not their job? The point is Scotland have a squad on par with Ukraine. Italy came up against Portugual if they had got Ukraine they'd also be going to the World cup......
Scotland have a few good players and thats it, doesnt mean we are better than Ukraine.

Wales got through by an OG and defending for your lives against a better team. Sometimes shit teams beat better teams, thats just football.

Scotland have a few good players and thats it, doesnt mean we are better than Ukraine.

Wales got through by an OG and defending for your lives against a better team. Sometimes shit teams beat better teams, thats just football.

A few good players?

Robertson, Tierney (I know he didn't play), Gilmour, McGinn are all upper tier players.

I will absolutely dispute that Ukraine are a better team than Wales, yes they were the better team today but they aren't the better team by a long shot. When did Ukraine last make a Euros semi final? In fact when did they last make it out a group at the Euros?

Better team on the night and unlucky sure but a better team overall you're having laugh.

A few good players?

Robertson, Tierney (I know he didn't play), Gilmour, McGinn are all upper tier players.

I will absolutely dispute that Ukraine are a better team than Wales, yes they were the better team today but they aren't the better team by a long shot. When did Ukraine last make a Euros semi final? In fact when did they last make it out a group at the Euros?

Better team on the night and unlucky sure but a better team overall you're having laugh.

They did reach the quarters of the Euros last Summer in fairness.

They did reach the quarters of the Euros last Summer in fairness.

Ok ill bow to your superior knowledge there. Still aren't a team Scotland or Wales should fear at all, and I maintain with the right approach Scotland beat them comfortably.

A few good players?

In the last 64 years how many World Cups have they been in? Bit daft comparing them to a Wales team from 6 years ago that had 1 unbelievable tournament. Which was their first ever time at the Euros in 14 attempts by the way.

Ukraine destroyed Scotland the other night, could have easily scored 6. On another day they score a few today too. So yes I stand by Ukraine being the better team than Scotland and Wales.

"Unprovoked"? That's what the western media would have you believe. Unfortunately its a lot more complicated than that.
oh-boy-here-we-go.gif

Back