Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Bennell was definitely involved with McCafferty.

There seems to be no end regarding how many perverts were involved. How the fek all these dirty bastards get to know each other is beyond comprehension.

They must have a subtle way of declaring themselves to each other. I know with the internet things are probably easier but 40 - 50 years ago they must have had to do it face to face.

I would set fire to every one of theses peado bastards.

Bennell was definitely involved with McCafferty.

If it was an isolated incident, a lone perpetrator like Sandusky it perhaps would be possible to keep under the radar. But it is perplexing to think that mega scale paedophilia was happening at celtic football club and yet the so called principals of the club claim they did not know.

It is the most demonic of all crimes, there is not one single crime anywhere close to the wanton se*ual abuse of children by adults. And yet they set it up, financed it, operated it daily, paid for it, daily, and claim, when they now must be punished, that it is a separate entity.

Burn the place to the ground - as a sign and consequence of their despicable child abuse in Scotland.

There's already potentially hundreds of cases against them pending, with at least six known offenders already charged.

What constitutes "mega scale" in your book?

In relation to this preposterous crime

Mega scale crime = proportionately bigger than large scale.

Large scale = more than three victims

Sorry if that came across a bit abrupt. It wasn’t meant to. For a journalist to take this on then it would be a full time commitment. It’s like you say. It’s finding someone with the appetite. All they have to do is read the Spotlight account from day one. It’s all there with more to come.
Hi don't know if this will be helpful or not . Just watched a documentary called Once upon a time in Londongrad . The main investigator was Heidi Blake her and her team took on some nasty Russians . I hope this might help in some way to get this message out .And hopefully not wasting your time .All the best

The same reason that will come into play even when they get hit with the big one (Class A).

The SFA have no appetite to go after their masters.

When the time comes we need to be very active on pressuring the bastards that sit in Hampden drinking tea and patting each other on the back.

By that I don't mean a few emails and a few rants on here. We need to be outside that shithole protesting and harassing them as they try to enter the building. They will let it slide if nothing happens.

I would also hope that the Rangers board are very vocal after the disgraceful way we were treated for Whyte avoiding some tax & NI payments the monetary amount of which were greatly exaggerated by our compliant media to suit the main agenda against us.

Yours Faithfully

Angry Man Loyal

This links into what I was trying to say on post #41,389
The Australia friendly disgrace made me extremely worried about what our boards intentions are when the days of reckoning arrive.
I will be bitter to the day I die about 2012 and the stitch up of it all. They absolutely played a part in it with their media and people in positions of power and influence.
That same media and powerful individuals will play their part in limiting the damage for them. They can not be allowed to control the narrative.
To go "viral" and have the eyes of the world fixed on them, demanding action and sponsors to abandon them is what will see justice done. At a speed they can't control and from angles of attack they can't see. It needs to go worldwide.

First and foremost it is the survivors and their families that matter most, and whatever they are happy with will be justice, and I trust spotlight to keep fighting for what justice means to them. Their lives have been irrevocably changed, and nothing on this world will equal out their pain.

However. If we were sent to oblivion for legal at time of use tax avoidance schemes, 6 months of unpaid PAYE tax, and our fate decided by the will of Scottish f*cking football teams, then what must their punishment be?
50+ years of documented abuse, most likely not the start of it all?
Lying, dehumanizing and obfuscating for 50+ years??
Covering up for, facilitating and then re-employing known abusers???
It's not a football issue, it is far bigger than that. But, if we are the precedent, then what must be their punishment?
It needs to go like Penn State, like Saville. It needs people other than Rangers fans to be angry about it.

The Australia friendly disgrace made me extremely worried about what our boards intentions are when the days of reckoning arrive.
I will be bitter to the day I die about 2012 and the stitch up of it all. They absolutely played a part in it with their media and people in positions of power and influence.
That same media and powerful individuals will play their part in limiting the damage for them. They can not be allowed to control the narrative.
To go "viral" and have the eyes of the world fixed on them, demanding action and sponsors to abandon them is what will see justice done. At a speed they can't control and from angles of attack they can't see. It needs to go worldwide.

First and foremost it is the survivors and their families that matter most, and whatever they are happy with will be justice, and I trust spotlight to keep fighting for what justice means to them. Their lives have been irrevocably changed, and nothing on this world will equal out their pain.

However. If we were sent to oblivion for legal at time of use tax avoidance schemes, 6 months of unpaid PAYE tax, and our fate decided by the will of Scottish f*cking football teams, then what must their punishment be?
It's not a football issue, it is far bigger than that. But, if we are the precedent, then what must be their punishment?
It needs to go like Penn State, like Saville. It needs people other than Rangers fans to be angry about it.

Agree - it is not a football issue - it is a social and moral issue.

Victims and their families must be rightfully compensated.

And their club/organistation must pay a social penalty. There are laws against their paedophile crimes - and it should be demanded from society that they should be implemented to the enth degree.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you say. They should lose their license for what they have done. They allowed it to happen, they knowingly brought paedophiles back into their club enabling them to reoffend, they covered it up and now that the genie is out of the bottle they are trying to distance themselves from their responsibilities.

One child sexually abused is a mega crime imo.
You are correct, however it is extremely difficult to stop a "lone wolf" from carrying out their evil acts. A paedophile will actively seek out opportunities to surround themselves with kids. That, sadly, is a fact of life.

The obvious difference in the case of Celtc is the huge number of victims, the number of abusers and the shocking number of those who turned a blind eye to it all (as bad as abusers in my view).

You are correct, however it is extremely difficult to stop a "lone wolf" from carrying out their evil acts. A paedophile will actively seek out opportunities to surround themselves with kids. That, sadly, is a fact of life.

The obvious difference in the case of Celtc is the huge number of victims, the number of abusers and the shocking number of those who turned a blind eye to it all (as bad as abusers in my view).

Spot on Craigie.

May clubs around UK have had to deal with rogue paedophiles abusing their young players.

Celtic are very different from the others, very different.

Worse almost mate because at least with abusers there might be a mental imbalance or a history of it in their youth, none of which is an excuse at all before anyone starts, however, it can at least explain why they are like that but for a normal right-minded person to think Nah the good name of my football team, my religion, my family or whatever is more important than protecting a child from a rapist. I can't even fathom it mate.

Agree wholeheartedly with what you say. They should lose their license for what they have done. They allowed it to happen, they knowingly brought paedophiles back into their club enabling them to reoffend, they covered it up and now that the genie is out of the bottle they are trying to distance themselves from their responsibilities.
Spot on Craigie.

May clubs around UK have had to deal with rogue paedophiles abusing their young players.

Celtic are very different from the others, very different.

are correct, however it is extremely difficult to stop a "lone wolf" from carrying out their evil acts. A paedophile will actively seek out opportunities to surround themselves with kids. That, sadly, is a fact of life.

combined by the fact that P1 was probably 'put in place' at 18 in the special shop to launder gate money possibly as a thanks from who proposed / allowed it

It has been mentioned on here that there are some sympathetic journalists on standby obviously as not to prejudice the upcoing cases they are hanging fire but have the intimated in any way as to why the media silence, for example the case against the scum Kitman settled out of court why was this not a lever to pile in on that scum club by all media vehicles to publicise this abhorrent scandal to all?
Exactly. These journalists should be going full pelt to publish stories about those already convicted. Surely that doesn’t prejudice upcoming cases?

Could we stop all the bickering and pish about snp and voting ; There are plenty other threads to go on and discuss that .
This thread should remain on track and concentrate on the relevant facts and developments .
Only my opinion , but , ffs .....
Agreed. This is not about the SNP or the Catholic Church. Neither of them are parties to the class action. To include them on here is to obfuscate the real issues raised by those party to the action. Fecking concentrate on their issues not those you want to be involved. And aim at their targets!

Agreed. This is not about the SNP or the Catholic Church. Neither of them are parties to the class action. To include them on here is to obfuscate the real issues raised by those party to the action. Fecking concentrate on their issues not those you want to be involved. And aim at their targets!
They would like nothing better than to obscure the issues because of religion or politics. They enabled children to be sexually abused for one reason, to win a game of football.

Agree with everything you say.

If it was an isolated incident, a lone perpetrator like Sandusky it perhaps would be possible to keep under the radar. But it is perplexing to think that mega scale paedophilia was happening at celtic football club and yet the so called principals of the club claim they did not know.

It is the most demonic of all crimes, there is not one single crime anywhere close to the wanton se*ual abuse of children by adults. And yet they set it up, financed it, operated it daily, paid for it, daily, and claim, when they now must be punished, that it is a separate entity.

Burn the place to the ground - as a sign and consequence of their despicable child abuse in Scotland.

@BN94 & @Grigo Yossarian

With an emphasis on the above first paragraph it could be considered that. As sporting institutes that draws children from local and regional areas (celtic did bring from Ireland too), if a comparison was drawn between Penn State scandal and celtic fc, which Penn State were finally exposed after 15 year abuse period and with one perpetrator and 45 victims.

Then it would be impossible for celtic to be unaware of a fully fledged paedophile ring with multiple perpetrators, with probable hundreds of victims over a (plus) 50 year period.

Furthermore, and unlike Penn State; celtic did travel internationally too, and would that bring in ‘Interpol’ as an international policing component - if Police Scotland were not fully committed?

I share your concern regards the Australian debacle.

Time has passed and there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then, but that really should have some serious alarm bells ringing of how this Rangers board could possibly have sanctioned that.

Over and above misreading the room regards the support, more importantly for me they spectacularly misread the implications of getting into bed with that mob in any way shape or form.

If the malice demonstrated by the c****c hierarchy pre 2012 wasn't bad enough, the stench of possible toxic commercial association really should have seen Park and co reject the suggestion in a heartbeat. That didn't happen and for me that's clear indication we remain dangerously naive at board level.

Last edited:
Agree - it is not a football issue - it is a social and moral issue.

Victims and their families must be rightfully compensated.

And their club/organistation must pay a social penalty. There are laws against their paedophile crimes - and it should be demanded from society that they should be implemented to the enth degree.
It should be demanded by the club (Celtic) and it's supporters, first and foremost.

Compare, and contrast what's happening here, and the goings on at Yorkshire Cricket Club. Following on from the racist allegations by a former player they were abandoned by most of their sponsors, the stadium lost test status. They responded with widespread resignations and sackings to attempt to recover the situation. Guess what, yesterday they were hit with further sanctions, and it will probably take years to clear. Meanwhile for Scotland's authorities,regarding child abuse on an industrial scale, it's where is the nearest rock I can crawl under to avoid the awful reality.

Absolution from all wrongdoing?
Business as usual?
If you know the history?
Sickening and alarming that in 2022 ,after all that has unfolded and the testimony of countless victims, this club masquerading as a reputable football club is allowed to continue to function is quite unbelievable.
Sinister doesn't cover it, unimaginable depravity over decades and the numbers of people affected. Only in Scotland!

Compare, and contrast what's happening here, and the goings on at Yorkshire Cricket Club. Following on from the racist allegations by a former player they were abandoned by most of their sponsors, the stadium lost test status. They responded with widespread resignations and sackings to attempt to recover the situation. Guess what, yesterday they were hit with further sanctions, and it will probably take years to clear. Meanwhile for Scotland's authorities,regarding child abuse on an industrial scale, it's where is the nearest rock I can crawl under to avoid the awful reality.

That's national media, and pressure from the media.

And in comparison racism is a minute crime compared to mega scale child se*ual abuse.

Just shows the difference in moral society between Scotland and England.

Their defense of "lost evidence to confirm separate entity status" is one of the strangest ever.

It's not like a single piece of paper or an IOU from a friend.

"We were a separate entity, but have lost the evidence to prove this!"

"Okay, but here is the evidence from Celtic View, your own websites, and other sources that prove the Boys Club was part of Celtic FC!"

"Yes, but we have lost the piece of evidence to say we are separate."

"No, you are physically seeing this multitude of evidence that shows you were one club. It's right here. See it."

Their defense of "lost evidence to confirm separate entity status" is one of the strangest ever.

It's not like a single piece of paper or an IOU from a friend.

"We were a separate entity, but have lost the evidence to prove this!"

"Okay, but here is the evidence from Celtic View, your own websites, and other sources that prove the Boys Club was part of Celtic FC!"

"Yes, but we have lost the piece of evidence to say we are separate."

"No, you are physically seeing this multitude of evidence that shows you were one club. It's right here. See it."
It was a desperate attempt by their counsel to try and convince the court that they couldn't get a fair hearing.

Jeezo man, its basic math. Youre right Catholic vote is irrelevant and not at all why Salmond and Sturgeon openly courted it. I bow to your superior knowledge
Don’t particularly want to get involved in the numbers debate but I’ll add this, it’s pretty well known that the Priest in a large RC Church in Glasgow’s West End was told to “tone down” the pro SNP preaching from the pulpit after a number of parishioners complained of his blatant electioneering and pro SNP intervention.
In a situation where many still accept their Priest’s word as law with only a few willing to demur it’s easy to see why it’s believed there is a “Catholic block vote”.

BN94 & Grigo Y I just wish you boys could be at the table for Thomsons on the Class Action trial in order to ensure that Thomsons rep remembers every detail to respond to the defendants counsel as you guys have this knowledge off by heart and would be switched on .
If only PS had this scum evidence and they had lost it, then the scum's problem would have disappeared courtesy of SNP/PS. Effigies anyone?
In the event of a successful outcome and the compensation awards if the scum could struggle to pay as NO INSURANCE company should be liable for that kind of payout, I have no doubt their fans would organise a collection/go fund me page to contribute thus condoning the action/crime as they have done at present with deflection tactics.

BN94 & Grigo Y I just wish you boys could be at the table for Thomsons
Apologies mate, I know you mean well.
Spotlight work in the background, getting info and passing it on. Don't think they would be comfortable sitting in court with their faces known to all. I've seen posts with threats to life to spotlight members. I may be totally wrong in this instance.

Last edited:
Back