791/1 on the SPFL computer giving us the five toughest away ties in a row in our first 5 away games-In the season that VAR appears halfway through

Happy to be corrected if our first 5 away games Livingston, Hibs, Corruption FC, Sheep Shaggers & Hearts are not considered the 5 toughest away fixtures we could face or if my maths are out in my calculation. Also happy to accept allegations of paranoia :)
Other than Tannadice which I think is tougher than Livi.
At the end of the day I would rather get the hard one's out the way first

Happy to be corrected if our first 5 away games Livingston, Hibs, Corruption FC, Sheep Shaggers & Hearts are not considered the 5 toughest away fixtures we could face or if my maths are out in my calculation. Also happy to accept allegations of paranoia :)
They're not our 5 toughest away games
Your maths are wrong
You're paranoid

But otherwise I fully agree with you

The fixture split between home and away makes no sense but it’s a recurring theme every two seasons for us and them.

The fixtures flip? But we’re always told the fixtures are randomly selected by a computer.
We are never told that, it would be mental to just randomise the fixtures and not take other things into account. There was a thread on here the other day about all the different things that can impact the scheduling of fixtures.

Not sure about the fixtures but I think the VAR coming in midway through a season is a joke.

I'm sure Clancy and the rest of the bheast army will do all in their power to get them a good lead by then.

It's a reverse of last season, it would be the same odds as having it the other way round. We'll have VAR for when we have those away fixtures again in the third round of matches.

This is ACSOM, Just Us Tims levels of moonhowlery. Honestly man, stop raging.

Why do folk get their titties in a knot over this?

We need to play them all at somepoint.
Absolutely. But other than our games against the filth being vice versa per season it is not always automatic that the rest of the fixtures 'flip' as is being maintained on here.

As for those five being our hardest away fixtures? If Livingston is genuinely regarded as a hard fixture, then we're in for a long season.

The biggest issue for me re away games is playing them on a good grass pitch - the park at St Johnstone last season was disgraceful and a real leveller.

Consider this an allegation of paranoia for your acceptance.

Why do folk get their titties in a knot over this?

We need to play them all at somepoint.
The sooner we play the filth again the better…I know the fixtures will never work that way but I’d be happy if those cuunts were our first two games of the season.

i dont see how you can (within the boundarys of "sporting integrity") offer VAR midway through a season. honestly its corruption in broad day light and no one seems to have batted an eye lid, especiially given that we will only play teams potentially 3 times, so that means some away games will only be covered by VAR twice, others 3 times.

no one in the mhedia, unsurprisingly in the corrupt hell hole of scottish football, has even bothered to call this out.

Applying VAR to a game actually changes the rules governing a match, eg in VAR context, play continues until the flow finishes, for example offside. in non VAR matches, offside is declared immediately or when Clancy decides it.

Interesting the rumour is that Clancy et all are conveniantly go to retire at christmas time, so they will be out to do as much damage as possible to us before it comes in.

Last edited:
Absolutely. But other than our games against the filth being vice versa per season it is not always automatic that the rest of the fixtures 'flip' as is being maintained on here.

As for those five being our hardest away fixtures? If Livingston is genuinely regarded as a hard fixture, then we're in for a long season.
Yes it is

For those teams posted

Last season

Rangers v Livingston R1
Rangers v Celtic R4
Rangers v Motherwell R6
Rangers v Hearts R8
Rangers v Hibs R9
Rangers v Aberdeen R11

This season

Livingston v Rangers R1
Hibs v Rangers R4
Celtic v Rangers R6
Aberdeen v Rangers R7
Hearts v Rangers R9
Motherwell v Rangers R11

2023/24
Rangers v Livingston
Rangers v Celtic
Rangers v Motherwell
Rangers v Hearts
Rangers v Hibs
Rangers v Aberdeen

For 2022/23 the fixtures flip from 2021/22 - we are paired with Celtic therefore they will have teams from same group but opposite to what we have

R1-11 & R23-33

Home - Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone, St Mirren
Away - Aberdeen Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell

R12-22

Home - Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Livingston, Motherwell
Away - Dundee United, Kilmarnock, Ross County, St Johnstone St Mirren

Last edited:
This is how a League works: Every team plays each other team home & away (may be multiplied to give more games depending on how many teams involved e.g. see Scottish Leagues) team who has most points at the conclusion of the League are Champions. (I know we think Referees & the S.F.A. %^*& us over but park that bus a minute) Unless we get 9 away games in a row at the start of a season it doesn't matter. You need to beat every team you come up against no matter what. It doesn't matter what order you play them in. Most Rangers fans I know were happy Last year with how the fixtures worked out. How did that end up?

I say it every year, we play in a league with Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, why are people so shocked that we actually need to play them!?

yes it is - allowing for promotion/relegation. We were at home to Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Sellick first last season. The previous year Hearts weren't in it but we were away to Aberdeen, Hibs & Sellick first. This year we're away to all those again. It flips!

what point? VAR will come in more or less after we've played everybody home and away so how does the timing of VAR make any difference?
Eh half the fixtures will have been played with var and then half without var is the point . Keep up pal

Back