791/1 on the SPFL computer giving us the five toughest away ties in a row in our first 5 away games-In the season that VAR appears halfway through

If someone was giving those odds we should’ve all been on it to make a fortune since it was guaranteed we’d be away to them.

Happy to be corrected if our first 5 away games Livingston, Hibs, Corruption FC, Sheep Shaggers & Hearts are not considered the 5 toughest away fixtures we could face or if my maths are out in my calculation. Also happy to accept allegations of paranoia :)
You'll be the exact poster to claim that VAR is also a conspiracy against us when it comes into force.

Some of our fans have turned full celtc the last few seasons in their outlook.

Oh and look surprise, surprise we are away from home in the first game! Bloody SFA/Natsis.

Source?

I won’t hold my breath because the fixture list has never been and will never be random despite folk on here clamouring to claim otherwise.
That’s the thing for me, who said it’s random? Quite the coincidence then that so many Old firms land around New Year’s Day, eh?
Once you organise one fixture, you must arrange the rest. Anyone who has had a subbuteo league table will know! :))

Who we play and when is entirely irrelevant as it'll even itself out over the season. I do however struggle with the logic of introducing VAR mid season rather than the start. That defies logic.

Same as 2020/21 then (Hearts excepted as they were in the Championship) when we won the league unbeaten :cool:

Happy to be corrected if our first 5 away games Livingston, Hibs, Corruption FC, Sheep Shaggers & Hearts are not considered the 5 toughest away fixtures we could face or if my maths are out in my calculation. Also happy to accept allegations of paranoia :)
I think the first few replies are suggesting a bet on the same for nest season is worth a tenner.

Reactions: DJT
Why do folk get their titties in a knot over this?

We need to play them all at somepoint.
The only real issue is the third quarter being tougher.
Then again, post split, we have only two away games so, if the “seeding” works to plan, we’ll avoid a third game at “a tough away venue”.

Doesn't matter if we play to form we'll beat all.of them, if they all finish in the top 6 we will need to play 2 of them away for a 3rd time,.... that's the conspiracy for me ....

You'll be the exact poster to claim that VAR is also a conspiracy against us when it comes into force.

Some of our fans have turned full celtc the last few seasons in their outlook.

Oh and look surprise, surprise we are away from home in the first game! Bloody SFA/Natsis.
I dont care about fixtures but Var will be corrupted i am in no doubt about that.

I cant believe you said our fans sound like that mob you maybe need to read your own posts back.

The issue isn’t the fixtures.

Bringing VAR in half way through the season is absurd. Gives the likes of Clancy and his mentally challenged linesmen plenty of time to make a material impact on the league.

All of those teams bar Celtic could be easy depending on their form that year and Dundee Utd are noticeably absent.

Ok I’ll bite and I’ve read that the fixtures flip every season comments

So why last year did Celtic play in the opening 2 games last year the 2 newly promoted teams home and away first two games , hearts away and Dundee home with a new manager in place

Why under Stevie G did we play Aberdeen, Motherwell who were flying at the time and The unwashed away from home in the opening 4 league games

What year has that happened to Celtic ?

Happily to be corrected on both points

Timing is everything….

Ok I’ll bite and I’ve read that the fixtures flip every season comments

So why last year did Celtic play in the opening 2 games last year the 2 newly promoted teams home and away first two games , hearts away and Dundee home with a new manager in place

Why under Stevie G did we play Aberdeen, Motherwell who were flying at the time and The unwashed away from home in the opening 4 league games

What year has that happened to Celtic ?

Happily to be corrected on both points

Timing is everything….
Re Celtic last season options for opening away game

Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell

playing either Rangers, Aberdeen & Hibs were blocked

As for 2nd game
Options were Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County, St Johnstone St Mirren

Given Dundee

Your 2nd point that as happen to them but would need to look up

Quick look up

94/95 Falkirk Away, Dundee United Home, Rangers Away, Partick Away 1st 4 games
95/96 Raith Away Aberdeen Away Motherwell Home Hearts Away

Re Celtic last season options for opening away game

Hearts
Livingston
Motherwell

playing either Rangers, Aberdeen & Hibs were blocked

As for 2nd game
Options were Dundee, Dundee United, Ross County, St Johnstone St Mirren

Given Dundee

Your 2nd point that as happen to them but would need to look up

Quick look up

94/95 Falkirk Away, Dundee United Home, Rangers Away, Partick Away 1st 4 games
95/96 Raith Away Aberdeen Away Motherwell Home Hearts Away
I can get why Rangers were blocked but why the other 2 ?

As for the other answer that’s over 25 years ago since it happened

Timing is everything….

In fact if your stat is correct which I don’t doubt , it’s never happened to Celtic since the SPFL was formed

I thought the fixtures flipped every year ?

Last edited:
For me the rules should be the same at the start of the season as they are at the end.

We've seen Scottish football authorities move the goalposts so to speak mid season several times over the last few years only for benefit of one club namely that other mob.

What if the yahoos get the benefit of a decision the game before VAR is introduced then go on and win the league by a single point because of that?

Last edited:

Timing is everything….

In fact if your stat is correct which I don’t doubt , it’s never happened to Celtic since the SPFL was formed

Probably based on European qualifier dates

They flip based on whether you play the teams home at home or away twice before the split, not that the fixture ordering is the exact same

Exactly, what’s the thinking behind this?

Genuinely I haven't seen a reason for VAR coming in halfway through the season mentioned, but equally has it ever been stated who is going to fill the VAR slots? I mean I'm assuming some of the main refs will do it but do we even have enough of a pool for that?

Our league isn't the EPL where there are minimum 4-5 games not played on the Saturday, in which case you get top grade refs doing an actual game on the Saturday and a VAR role on a Sunday or Monday game.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are having to train a load of folk up or reintegrate former refs as video officials or something which is contributing to the delay in bringing it in.

Timing is everything….
Aberdeen and Hibs were playing in Europe on the Thursday and needed to be Sunday

Celtic like us had to play the Saturday last season due to a potential CL qualifying fixture the following midweek when the fixtures were been produced

For our own opening game

Rangers v Aberdeen & Rangers v Hibs blocked due to the European issue
Rangers v Hearts blocked - Hearts have a home game as Champions as well
Rangers v Celtic never really going to happen

Left with Rangers v Livingston or Rangers v Motherwell

The fixtures do flip the scheduling of them is another issue and I only check a couple of season actually thought 1992/93 as well but it was A-A-H-H-A-A in the 1st 6 fixtures for them we had the opposite of course I just didn't get your timing question, that was the 1st time I remember it did in 2018/19 for us

Every away game is tough IMO, apart from playing them away, every team is happy to sit in with a very low block and frustrate us. So doesn’t matter who we play. Bring them on anyway, buzzing for the new season

Genuinely I haven't seen a reason for VAR coming in halfway through the season mentioned, but equally has it ever been stated who is going to fill the VAR slots? I mean I'm assuming some of the main refs will do it but do we even have enough of a pool for that?

Our league isn't the EPL where there are minimum 4-5 games not played on the Saturday, in which case you get top grade refs doing an actual game on the Saturday and a VAR role on a Sunday or Monday game.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are having to train a load of folk up or reintegrate former refs as video officials or something which is contributing to the delay in bringing it in.
I believe its to do with getting the majority of the equipment on the cheap from Qatar after the world cup

Probably based on European qualifier dates

They flip based on whether you play the teams home at home or away twice before the split, not that the fixture ordering is the exact same
But Rangers play in Europe too infact probably the same competition as the teams that were “ blocked “

So we have to play someone ?

When it comes to conspiracy theories some of our supporters are genuine crackpots, every bit as bad as the Celtic supporters saying the same stuff over the years.

Must be depressing constantly doing mental gymnastics on pretty much everything to try and prove everything and everyone is out to get us.

But Rangers play in Europe too infact probably the same competition as the teams that were “ blocked “

So we have to play someone ?
But we don't play in the same qualifying rounds as the teams that are blocked.

We won't play on a Thursday until at least MD1 in the groups, and hopefully not til after Christmas

They have to plan based on us getting through our qualifiers

Aberdeen and Hibs were playing in Europe on the Thursday and needed to be Sunday

Celtic like us had to play the Saturday last season due to a potential CL qualifying fixture the following midweek when the fixtures were been produced

For our own opening game

Rangers v Aberdeen & Rangers v Hibs blocked due to the European issue
Rangers v Hearts blocked - Hearts have a home game as Champions as well
Rangers v Celtic never really going to happen

Left with Rangers v Livingston or Rangers v Motherwell

The fixtures do flip the scheduling of them is another issue and I only check a couple of season actually thought 1992/93 as well but it was A-A-H-H-A-A in the 1st 6 fixtures for them we had the opposite of course I just didn't get your timing question, that was the 1st time I remember it did in 2018/19 for us
I admire your stats and it explains the situation for last season , but for the years we didn’t play in champions league qualifiers?

As for the point that 3 out of 4 opening games away from home against the top 3 rivals at the time

The fact it’s never happened to Celtic in over 25 years or in the SPFL history but managed to happen to a newly assembled Rangers team under a new manager Stevie G …

I await the fixtures flipping…

The timing of games is everything

So long as the current regime run Scottish football I will continue to be “ paranoid “ as some put it as they simply can’t be trusted

Penalty to Rangers anyone patter has hounded numerous officials out the game

Now that’s me being paranoid…

Last edited:
I admire your stats and it explains the situation for last season , but for the years we didn’t play in champions league qualifiers?

As for the point that 3 out of 4 opening games away from home against the top 3 rivals at the time

The fact it’s never happened to Celtic in over 25 years or in the SPFL history but managed to happen to a newly assembled Rangers team under a new manager Stevie G …

Their first 4 away games last season were

Hearts
Us
Livingston
Aberdeen

You'll struggle to find anyone who said at the start of last season the battle for 3rd wouldn't have been between Aberdeen and Hearts...

When it comes to conspiracy theories some of our supporters are genuine crackpots, every bit as bad as the Celtic supporters saying the same stuff over the years.

Must be depressing constantly doing mental gymnastics on pretty much everything to try and prove everything and everyone is out to get us.
Are you not the poster that always complains about neil doncaster and the dundee vote ?

Fixtures can be blocked based which teams are different European competition as well which was the case in 2018/19 onwards with us

Aberdeen were EL as well and needed to play the Sunday so we got them as we due to play them away in the rounds 1-11

When we played Celtic in round 4 that was the 1st available date for it based on both sides been in 2 different European competitions when the fixture are produced and just before the 1st International break

The fixture does flipped so say Rangers v Aberdeen 2021/22 becomes Aberdeen v Rangers in 2022/23 in round 1-11 it is the scheduling/timing that is different I can't be much clearer on that

The only thing stinking about next season is VAR starting mid way through a season. Usual useless amateur shit show.

Absolutely. But other than our games against the filth being vice versa per season it is not always automatic that the rest of the fixtures 'flip' as is being maintained on here.

As for those five being our hardest away fixtures? If Livingston is genuinely regarded as a hard fixture, then we're in for a long season.
Since we returned to the SPL in 2016/17 the first batch has been for Sheep, Tims, Hibs, Hearts,

2016/17 Tims, Sheep, Hearts Away, No Hibs
2017/18 Tim’s, sheep, Hibs, hearts all Home
2018/19 sheep, Tims, Hibs, away, Hearts home (due to tynecastle upgrade)
2019/20 sheep, tims, Hibs hearts all Home
2020/21 sheep, Tims, Hibs all away (no hearts)
2021/22 sheep, Tims, hearts, Hibs all home
2022/23 sheep, Tims, hearts, Hibs all away

Since we returned to the SPL in 2016/17 the first batch has been for Sheep, Tims, Hibs, Hearts,

We had fixture imbalance due to taking Dundee United schedule in 2016

A couple of fixtures didn't flip from the pervious season Hearts and Kilmarnock to address that nothing to do Tynecastle upgrade

Hang on... you mean, the fixtures flip?

Mindblowing

Feels like folk think that the fixtures are done like a big Champions League draw, but the balls are extra hot for us to have away games

I’ll continue to be called paranoid

But The fact they’ve never for over 25 years had a start like Rangers had under a new manager Stevie G with a new team where 3 out of the first 4 fixtures were away from home against 3 of the top teams in the league at the time dispels the myth for me that the “ fixtures flip “

Timing is everything as I’ve said previously…

No one will convince me otherwise until this scenario flips !

Even with Rangers out the league it never happened according to the stats provided

Back