The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another angle on Aribo possibly going is how much has been taken out of him in the last year. Played so many games with a limited break through the summer, it will be interesting to see if his performances suffer (whether at us or someone else) because he clearly wasnt the same player post-AFCON

I think they genuinely love it here but also want the EPL experience. They’ll be welcome back any time. That is if they leave!

If David’s saying that, it looks like Joe is away.

Glen I’m still hopeful on. The Daily Mail ran with a story yesterday that Brighton have bid 7m for Munetsi of Reims. I’m not convinced Glen is their main target yet.

That sort of value gets you a standout player in Scottish football.

Kamara has been a terrific signing, but he’s no longer a first pick for Gio and if we’re being honest last season he was patchy.

If we were offered £10m I think that would be a tremendous deal. I doubt anyone will go much higher.
10 million is pocket change to English clubs.
The bassas are taking the piss if they even offer that much.

Openda is rapid, strong and has decent goal record. If we make sales and it’s likes of Morelos and Aribo, then he wouldn’t be out of our price range imo.

Interesting if there’s anything in that one, another Belgian link for Ross Wilson!

The problem is there is a bid on record two years previous at 16m.

His stats since then wouldn't indicate any surge in form, quite the opposite in fact, so they aren't going to be coming in with anything near that 16m figure.

If we can get 10m for him we will be doing well. Take it, reinvest it and move on.
His stays were down to they way Gerrard adjusted his game, I'll bet they're far better since Gio allowed him his freedom again.

Another angle on Aribo possibly going is how much has been taken out of him in the last year. Played so many games with a limited break through the summer, it will be interesting to see if his performances suffer (whether at us or someone else) because he clearly wasnt the same player post-AFCON

I’ve been thinking this too Batigol. Might be good timing. In fact, contract wise, he likely won’t be leaving for nothing.

Various posts now on how £10m for Aribo allows us to buy x,y&z

We’ve come off one of our biggest seasons ever financially so we should already be able to buy x,y & z before sales. Especially given the fees being quoted for Colak.

I’m not bargaining on much being spent this summer either

We supposedly have 6m before sales but I doubt this board give Gio 100% of any sales proceeds either.

If we get a combined 20m for Aribo and Morelos we will probably end up spending about 10ish and bank the rest.

The scum are said to be wanting 9 million for Turnbull.
And you’ve got guys on here saying they’d accept 10-12 for Kamara and 8-10 for Morelos :) :) :)

Sooner the player trading model kicks in the better, we’ve all known about it for years. No one has truly accepted it yet because we’ve not lived it.

Vast majority were saying keep a hold of X, Y, and Z for 55!
Majority said the same for CL qualifiers.

There’s a significant amount of people who would gladly drive our players to various places for way below market value.

That won’t change until we start making big sales. Once we do, hopefully the support will stop undervaluing our assets.

It is worth remembering that the core group of players have failed us more than they won for us.

1 league
1 Scottish Cup
1 Europa League Final

It’s certainly not domestic domination, and for me it was Gio’s tactics that were the core foundation of our European Run.

Morelos is the one I’ll miss if he goes but Glen and Joe are replaceable

These guys have all came from smaller teams and had to learn the hard way and overcome what they were told was an unstoppable juggernaut. They did.

Not as if we were buying wall to wall winners either. Small trophy haul or not, this group of players have earned their moves.

Looks like we might be getting that rebuild.

I'll be sad to see the players go but it will be exciting if we start finally splashing the cash. If.
I don't think we will get the rebuild some want a player sale this summer was inevitable there might be more to come but hopefully this will kick start our window if we get can 3/4 quality players in over the next few weeks I'll be delighted.

If Aribo goes we need a quality number 10 add in the need for a RW, ST and hopefully a CM with the squad being trimmed as the window progresses that's what we need anything else is a bonus.

Aribo will be really difficult to replace. There aren't many players with his attributes in that position. He's got unbelievable strength and stature for someone with such close control and technique. Then on top of that he's always available.

If he does leave he goes leaving many good memories. The goal against Braga was immense, and the day he ended Laxalt's career at Celtic.

Aribo is a fantastic player but we probably already have his replacement in Alex Lowry.

We supposedly have 6m before sales but I doubt this board give Gio 100% of any sales proceeds either.

If we get a combined 20m for Aribo and Morelos we will probably end up spending about 10ish and bank the rest.
If we took in £35m or so in European income and then £30m from player sales including NP to only spend £10m in the end, I'd be fucking livid.

I get we need to pay off any loan and have a stable cash reserve etc, but that would be taking the piss.

It just shows the shift with big leagues becoming rich, rather than big clubs.

But very true, our last 4 years in Europe have been the best I've ever seen, but for some reason I have more affinity with the players of the 90's and early 00's.
I know what you mean about the last four years, but we had genuine world class back then even if it didn’t necessarily translate into results.

The 90’s had Miko (I know he didn’t have the highest workrate, but he certainly had the talent), Laudrup, Gascoigne and you could make a case for Goram and Durrant.

Then Numan, Gio and Mols. I would argue that peak Ferguson could’ve played at the very top level too.

We had the CL group stage where we could’ve finished above Bayern (eventual winners?) had the gods been with us.

Also, like absence, time makes the heart grow fonder. In 20 years time I reckon there will be as much affinity for the current team as there was for some of the 90s/00s squads.

They’ve certainly given us more memorable midweek nights!

Aribo was saying only a week or so ago he loves it here and wants to stay - that begs the question, does he not love it that much that doesn’t want to sign an extension or do we just want a quick 10 million?

Something needs addressed either way irrespective of the heart and hand “spin” I use that word loosely not to be unfair but the tone makes it look like it’s ok
Well he's hardly going to say he's dying to leave!!

Maybe the team that has made a bid has changed his mind about leaving

Aribo will be really difficult to replace. There aren't many players with his attributes in that position. He's got unbelievable strength and stature for someone with such close control and technique. Then on top of that he's always available.

If he does leave he goes leaving many good memories. The goal against Braga was immense, and the day he ended Laxalt's career at Celtic.
For me, he is an enigma, has all the attributes but flits in and out like a candle in a breeze.

These guys have all came from smaller teams and had to learn the hard way and overcome what they were told was an unstoppable juggernaut. They did.

Not as if we were buying wall to wall winners either. Small trophy haul or not, this group of players have earned their moves.
I am not disagreeing with that statement.

But St Mirren, St Johnstone and Aberdeen were not an unstoppable juggernaut. There are also games last season where all 3 could have and should have done so much more in.

I go to games and watch other on the TV a and my take is that Gio sees Kamara as an attacking midfielder purely because he has Lundstrum and Jack, Davis, Sands already in the 2 holding roles so he won’t be fussed if Kamara goes.

Aribo can flatter to deceive at times but he has earned a big move and I wish them all the best and will support them - this isn’t sour grapes mate it’s just logical that out of the first team, these 2 are the ones we proactively encourage to leave.

Kent and Alfie are different IMO.

If you read that article on scouting. Our Europa League run doesn't mean a great deal to English clubs and it seems its a hard sell to sign players up here.

Kamara turns 27 a few months into the season. Which is his prime, but it's his prime from a shite league.

If you look at all of Celtic's big sales and ours (Patterson, Hutton and the big Morelos offer) they have all been 24 or younger. Past 25 the values and interest in Scotland drop.

When everyone is fit Kamara is also not a starter for us now.

You need to take all this into account. So I'll be very surprised if we get more than £10 million for Kamara.

It’s not a shite league. It’s literally ranked 8th in Europe. Players from really shite leagues go for £30m - places like Croatia, Czech Republic, previously Ukraine and Russia.

Half of the Portuguese league play in front of less than 5k each week and players go for £100m.

We should stop devaluing our squad and our league.

West Ham paid €25m for a 26 year old Soucek who’d never played outside of the Czech Republic. Compare that to Brighton and Kamara.

Aye cos it’s as black and white as saying he wants to leave and the other extreme (what he said about loving it here not wanting to leave etc)

I’ll remember that next time some top player declares his love for us - I’ll weigh in putting everyone straight that “he’s not exactly gonna say he wants to leave”

I wonder what planet some folk are on

Neither rangers nor Aribo are the bad guy here btw I’m just wondering what’s panned out

Of course its not as black and white as that but things change quickly in football. As I said it could have been a new team coming in for him that's peaked his interest

Can anyone summarise the last two days?
My missus started her usual crap about spending a few days with her ma and da over the summer. I told her no as it always ends up with us falling out in her da's caravan with nothing but pishing rain. She threw the head up and I got the "all picture, no sound" treatment until this morning. I really couldn't be bothered fighting so we're doing a week to Scarborough in July.

Thing is, if the rumoured release clause is true, it makes absolute sense. Gives them more scope to boost the signing-on fee and agents cut. Not a lot we can do if the clause exists.:(
I’ve mentioned this before re: Aribo. When we sign a guy like him on a nominal fee and there’s a £10m release clause, it seems fair.

There’s no real way of knowing if he’d be worth more than that in a few years at the time of signing.

We’ve come off one of our biggest seasons ever financially so we should already be able to buy x,y & z before sales. Especially given the fees being quoted for Colak.

What about our losses for the last five years?

Aribo likely gone.
Kamara linked to Brighton.
Morelos linked to Sevilla.

Colak bid rejected €1.8m, they want €2.5m.

I hope if Morelos leaves Colak isnt his direct replacement, he wont fill Morelos boots, happy with him to add to the squad but not as the new Buff

Same, by a mile.

Although I think that poster is right they didn’t play as much together as I seemed to have remembered.
Tugay, Ian Ferguson, Neil McCann, JJ and Kanchelskis all contributed plenty of appearances iirc, to great effect as well.

We played some fantastic football at that time, and a certain Michael Mols came and almost defied gravity with the way he could turn opponents inside out.

If we took in £35m or so in European income and then £30m from player sales including NP to only spend £10m in the end, I'd be fucking livid.

I get we need to pay off any loan and have a stable cash reserve etc, but that would be taking the piss.
Particularly when we’re at minimum guaranteed Europa groups again, with the real possibility of qualifying for champions league still

I like Aribo but I think now is the time for us to cash in on him. If we can get a decent fee for him and get a % reinvested straight back into the team this summer then I will be happy. Fresh challenge for him and some freshness in the squad for us.

You’re forgetting that this one big season financially is on the back of 5 or more with huge losses. There are financial gaps to be plugged before we’re in the position to splash the cash. Even with big sales, should they come, I reckon it’s unlikely all cash brought in will be reinvested on transfers.

I honestly feel with Lowry waiting in the wings and Hagi returning soon, we wouldn’t even have to replace Kamara and Aribo if we wanted to spend the money elsewhere

Come on mate!!!

Lowry isn't on the same planet yet as Aribo and Kamara.

Maybe in a couple of years, but certainly not just now.
These 2 guys have dominated some top European opposition, while Lowry hasn't even started a meaningful game yet for us.

He's still got a lot of developing to do before he's mentioned in the same breath as Kamara and Aribo.

Hagi is also recovering from major knee surgery and needs time.

Aribo’s versatility will be hugely missed.

He even looked good as a false 9 in the latter stages of the season.
Absolutely, he has been a terrific signing for us.

But this is our model and if we get £10m (if the rumoured release clause is true) for an asset we paid far less for then it’s still good business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back