The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellingham was just an example, I will look at someone like Florian Wirtz instead?

He's stronger and better built than Lowry at this stage as well.

But as I say, it's something he'll catch up with pretty soon.

And we'll see what the management team think. They aren't going to hold him back if they think he's ready.

He's stronger and better built than Lowry at this stage as well.

Is he though, or are we just saying things without much behind it for the sake of it now.

What if Lowry is just slight, looks like he quite easily could be TBH, Messi managed fine with it in all honesty.

Reactions: KL2
Young Alex has been out in Mykonos having a ball, partying with Chelsea players and generally living the footballer's dream. Now it's time to merit that lifestyle with performances on the pitch. Which he deserves btw.

This idea that we need to be careful with him etc. is a load of bollocks. The lad is clearly class and doesn't need "protected" from SPFL jobbers. It's hardly a pressure cooker environment he's being thrown into either. He loves first team football, and has pretty much smashed it every time he has played so far.

People give the SPFL far too much respect at times. Probably the same folk who were advocating playing Leon Balogun ahead of Nathan Patterson at right back because he was "more experienced".

Unleash the Uddi Pirlo.

How can you possibly know that, just thrown about to try and justify the thing you are about to say which follows it, what is that even based on?

re the second point, miles ahead, on the premise of that logic a case could be made for simply never playing a young player, because in theory the player ahead is miles ahead etc and so on.

On the second point, I'm not quite meaning that, but it can easily be read that way.

It's more that we'll have a very high number of tight, difficult games where that reliability off the ball is what the manager will look to, so that will probably see Arfield play more often than Lowry.

Is he though, or are we just saying things without much behind it for the sake of it now.

What if Lowry is just slight, looks like he quite easily could be TBH, Messi managed fine with it in all honesty.
Mate I might have picked this comment up wrong and apologies if I have but are you saying Bellingham isn't better built and stronger than Lowry ?

Young Alex has been out in Mykonos having a ball, partying with Chelsea players and generally living the footballer's dream. Now it's time to merit that lifestyle with performances on the pitch. Which he deserves btw.

This idea that we need to be careful with him etc. is a load of bollocks. The lad is clearly class and doesn't need "protected" from SPFL jobbers. It's hardly a pressure cooker environment he's being thrown into either. He loves first team football, and has pretty much smashed it every time he has played so far.

People give the SPFL far too much respect at times. Probably the same folk who were advocating playing Leon Balogun ahead of Nathan Patterson at right back because he was "more experienced".

Unleash the Uddi Pirlo.
Lowry didn’t look out of place during his cameos over the Christmas period, in fact he was the only bright spark at that time, driving the team forward every time. Half the time I think our team need reminded where the goal is, just run at the jobbers goal and they start falling over themselves

Messi was small, but never really slight - always had that strength in his upper body that he needed.

I don't say anything without much thought behind it! Look earlier in this thread (actually, don't, it's a f*ckin' riot) and you'll see I posted about this already.

Unleash the Uddi Pirlo.

Is that what people were really suggesting PB ?

Or was it his yet to be developed work ethos without the ball, which could likely cost us goals against good teams ? Or his decision making between when to make the simple pass & when to take on the riskier ones ?

Goldson's situ now looks way different as it appears that he was always staying but to save the club paying another £1m to Brighton he had to fully run down his contract and then resign for us the following day.
Are we sure this isn’t a timmy rumour RE us being skint? I heard this via WhatsApp the day he signed, at which point no one had a Scooby about his new deal. Too quick to be true imo..

On the second point, I'm not quite meaning that, but it can easily be read that way.

It's more that we'll have a very high number of tight, difficult games where that reliability off the ball is what the manager will look to, so that will probably see Arfield play more often than Lowry.

It can be that, yip, playing, tight, difficult games, it isn't exclusive to us TBH, other teams manage on OK playing young players in games.

Messi was small, but never really slight - always had that strength in his upper body that he needed.

I don't say anything without much thought behind it! Look earlier in this thread (actually, don't, it's a f*ckin' riot) and you'll see I posted about this already.

When Messi was kicking about playing games with long greasy hair, he looked a skinny wee geek TBH

i

It can be that, yip, playing, tight, difficult games, it isn't exclusive to us TBH, other teams manage on OK playing young players in games.

Teams that are expected to win every game? It's definitely not as common there.

Anyway, this is all academic and a whole other thread really. Gio and the management team won't hold him back if he's ready, so hopefully he is!

Because he has the potential to be a great player. His goal against Hearts sugģests he has something a bit special about him; something that will become even more apparent this season.
He still needs developed though and eased in in order to make the physical demands.

I'm pretty sure he won't be playing a majority of the games.

At the same time I hope he does. I just don't think he's physically ready for it yet.

Is that what people were really suggesting PB ?

Or was it his yet to be developed work ethos without the ball, which could likely cost us goals against good teams ? Or his decision making between when to make the simple pass & when to take on the riskier ones ?

The last thing in the world we should be doing is attempting to 'coach' his natural instinct to try the difficult forward pass in the final third out of him!

Unleash the Uddi Pirlo.
Thats the attitude in this country , “ we need to be careful with him “ why hes not a wee boy , hes a very good player , in countries all over the world They play talented lads if they are good enough yet in scotland we seem to have this attitude oh hes not ready yet , let him develop more , just play the lad ffs

Thats the attitude in this country , “ we need to be careful with him “ why hes not a wee boy , hes a very good player , in countries all over the world They play talented lads if they are good enough yet in scotland we seem to have this attitude oh hes not ready yet , let him develop more , just play the lad ffs
Lowry has more to work on in his game if you noticed when he played working back the way was not his strongest feature he has to work on that or he will not feature regularly.

Teams that are expected to win every game? It's definitely not as common there.

I would say generally sides like Ajax, Dortmund, Sporting and Barca are expected to win often, sure.

I would also say every club generally comes with it's own pressures and challenging environment and a need to "win often", look at for instance the absolute social ravaging Billy Gilmour took last season for a side who were relegated.

Rangers fans (some) often apply a lot of their own unique pressures to playing for us when it comes to the justification of not playing youth IMO.

There are very few easy environments for young players to break through

What's wrong with just saying that at 19 he is not yet fully developed physically, & whilst that shouldn't prevent him from pushing for more, hopefully quite a bit more, 1st team appearances in the upcoming season, (which I don't think it will) that it's something that the management team would be negligent to not be aware of & monitor?

Lol...

Messi kept getting muscle injuries until they spent time developing him physically. There's plenty of documentaries about him, one that was on sky a few years ago spent a good amount of time talking about it.

So u would dismiss a guaranteed £40m plus for possibly a tournament where we might only get around £9/10m?

U would dismiss an opportunity that guarantees a better standard of player bought and the infrastructure of our club enhanced to possibly go a wee bit further in Europe?

Last season was amazing but we need the champions league to see better on and off the park in the short to long term.

These folk that would happily not qualify for the champs league in the hope we go far in the Europa are off their nut!
It's not £40m Vs £9m/£10m though - is it? Whatever the CL is potentially worth to us must be diluted if both us and them are in it.

Europa League is our playground right now.

Feels like all along that the cards were shuffled (stacked deck) and destined to fall the way they did to give them access to the CL.

The last thing in the world we should be doing is attempting to 'coach' his natural instinct to try the difficult forward pass in the final third out of him!

It’s not the final third that’s the problem Steve, that’s where you expect players to take the risks.

And when he does take those risks and they don’t come off, unlike Tynecastle, we should be expecting him to be professional & work to recover the ball, no ?

I just find it wild as f*ck that Lowry seemingly needs managed and 15-20 game would be great but Arfield was bashed out for 50 games last season.

Arfield started 27 games in all competitions last season, along with 23 appearances from the bench.

Lowry's game time will dictated by how he performs, how he recovers after games and will be decided by our manager, his coaches and his sports science team.

Thankfully they will know much more about developing an exciting young player at the right pace, than me, you, or anyone else on here.

They will do what's right for the player.

Messi kept getting muscle injuries until they spent time developing him physically. There's plenty of documentaries about him, one that was on sky a few years ago spent a good amount of time talking about it.

He was also playing 36 games in a season when he was pretty much the same age Lowry is, so grand job the S and C team

He still needs developed though and eased in in order to make the physical demands.

I'm pretty sure he won't be playing a majority of the games.

At the same time I hope he does. I just don't think he's physically ready for it yet.
It's a fair point, but we'll see how he does. Being in and around the squad is probably a good thing for him this season.

What does that add up to mate?

It adds up to 27 starts and 23 (sometimes brief) sub appearances, as opposed to being "bashed out" 50 times last season.

The fact you are comparing a 33 year old physically robust experienced footballer's game time, with that of a late developing teenager, tells me that you don't really know what you're talking about.

It adds up to 27 starts and 23 (sometimes brief) sub appearances, as opposed to being "bashed out" 50 times last season.

The fact you are comparing a 33 year old physically robust experienced footballer's game time, with that of a late developing teenager, tells me that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Talk me though how, it is different :)

I assume you don't think clubs like Dortmund and Leverkusen know what they are talking about?

Fenerbahce supposed to be interested in Colak and willing to offer a player also. The player they are offering used to play for PAOK.

FENERBAHÇE has one more star on its agenda. After the transfers of Lincoln Henrique and Bruma, the yellow-dark blue team, who will transfer a wing and a forward in line with the report of coach Jorge Jesus, broke the helm to the neighbor. Canary once again feels the heartbeat for striker Antonio Colak, who was on the transfer list last season but lost to Greek team PAOK. It was stated that Fenerbahce offered Dimitrios Pelkas to the Greek authorities through the Rogon management company in a swap and in return asked for the 28-year-old Croatian forward.

His contract continues. Antonio Colak
, who was transferred from SWEDEN team Malmö to PAOK last season and has a contract until 2024, played 36 matches for the Greek team, scored 8 goals and made 2 assists. With a market value of 3 million Euros, the player also played 3 matches with the Croatian National Team, but could not score any goals.

TWO PLAYERS ARE WARM
YELLOW-NAVY BLUE The new sporting director of the Istanbul team, Mario Blanco, has also worked at PAOK in the past, so it has been learned that he has a very good relationship with the Greek staff and will speed up the process by activating bilateral relations in the transfer. It is also among the news that Pelkas is willing to return to his old team PAOK, and Colak wants to leave the Thessaloniki team.
Good, hopefully they get him.

If lowry is as good as we think and hope he is we will be lucky to have him for the next 18 months before somebody offers big money and he goes so we may as well play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back