The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve asked so many times about why this account is trusted. I’ve never understood it either. A general football site but Twitter dedicated to Rangers - can someone please explain?

David Edgar regularly does validate that the account is credible, but yet to be convinced? Maybe got Goldson correct?
Just posts rumours and trys to pass it of as facts.

The below article from yesterday credits us with an interest in Excelsior forward Thijs Dallinga, along with FC Lorient and Genoa.

Oddly though, they reference The Athletic as their source linking him to us, but I just had a quick look and don't see anything from them.

I would have no issues if Lowry was in the starting line up for Livingston.
Don't think any of us would mate.

It's just been blown way out of proportion because a poster had the audacity to suggest his physical development will probably be considered by the management team in deciding when & how often he plays.

It really isn't an 'out there' opinion to have to most sensible people.

If lowry is as good as we think and hope he is we will be lucky to have him for the next 18 months before somebody offers big money and he goes so we may as well play him.
To be slaughtered but if Lowry comes on like Paterson did and we get 15-20 million for him then we are doing a lot things right.

Probably crass thing to do but look at how young McLeods career has ended in 5 years, but we need to be playing him for that to happen.

If Aribo goes and Hagi isn’t fit which he won’t be by the sounds of it then he playing in the champions league qualifiers

Is that what people were really suggesting PB ?

Or was it his yet to be developed work ethos without the ball, which could likely cost us goals against good teams ? Or his decision making between when to make the simple pass & when to take on the riskier ones ?

Ack, sometimes you need to take the handbrake off, G. He probably will make mistakes defensively but then every young player does. I was in the stands watching a young player at BVB called Gio Reyna in a similar position, only for him to get a run and kickstart the team. He was younger than Lowry as well.

I'm sure they do.

However if you think all young athletes develop and mature at the same pace, then I know you don't.

Thankfully our manager does and he'll put Lowry's development ahead of your impatience.

Cheers, so still 50.

"I see Tierney, I also see loads of players who don't end up that way TBH, I don't think every player can, or should, be judged based on Tierney"

Literally said these exact words earlier in the thread mate, I was offering examples and other instances to show different players develop different rather than just breaking down to sh*t like Tierney did, so aye, very much aware players develop different.

I expect our manager to develop Lowry well as well, which would be playing more than 15-20 games

Ack, sometimes you need to take the handbrake off, G. He probably will make mistakes defensively but then every young player does. I was in the stands watching a young player at BVB called Gio Reyna in a similar position, only for him to get a run and kickstart the team. He was younger than Lowry as well.

Yes, wonderful player mate.

I think Alex Lowry could be a fantastic player going forward, and I don’t rule him out being ahead of Hagi by the end of this season PB,
But to do so he needs to develop the ugly side of his game.

That’ll determine how quickly he becomes a regular & Gio will be observing it very closely I’d guess ?

Cheers, so still 50.

"I see Tierney, I also see loads of players who don't end up that way TBH, I don't think every player can, or should, be judged based on Tierney"

Literally said these exact words earlier in the thread mate, I was offering examples and other instances to show different players develop different rather than just breaking down to sh*t like Tierney did, so aye, very much aware players develop different.

I expect our manager to develop Lowry well as well, which would be playing more than 15-20 games

He'll certainly be involved in more than 15/20 games imo, but I don't see him starting much more than that.

Time will tell, I guess.

Cheers, so still 50.

It would be a massive risk to sell Aribo but not replace him but instead go into the season with Lowry/Arfield/Hagi to play in his position.

Thankfully our management team will in my opinion agree and we will sign an Aribo replacement as well as a right winger/Right sided attacker.

It would be a massive risk to sell Aribo but not replace him but instead go into the season with Lowry/Arfield/Hagi to play in his position.

Thankfully our management team will in my opinion agree and we will sign an Aribo replacement as well as a right winger/Right sided attacker.

I agree with that for sure,

But even with Aribo playing 639 games of football last season, and that needs replaced with a bit of proven quality.

There was still a load of games Lowry could find,

Afield played 27 + 23 games (not 50, by the way, don't call that number of games 50)
Diallo, Sakala, Ramsey and Wright getting games and minutes in that area.

It is the games and minutes played by that group covering that right area I would like to think Lowry will be getting well hacked into.

Yes, wonderful player mate.

I think Alex Lowry could be a fantastic player going forward, and I don’t rule him out being ahead of Hagi by the end of this season PB,
But to do so he needs to develop the ugly side of his game.

That’ll determine how quickly he becomes a regular & Gio will be observing it very closely I’d guess ?

The young lad has magic in his boots, G. Wait until you seem him fully at it.

Lowry and Hagi together is the type of link-up Rangers fans pay good money to see. I've never actually thought about them in the same side, but that's a tantalising prospect.

Yes!
Aaron Ramsey is quality everyone knows he is, it didn't work out, shit happens.
Diallo "£35m" loanee that people are wanting back for a second season.
2 squad players one a back up for a player that's never injured but it had to be done, a utility man that can play several positions yes you're right we had a shit window, we'll just spend shit loads of millions over the odds in a notoriously difficult window just to appease you!
What does that even mean? Youve lost me here, pal.

Have a can of juice, mate,

Young Alex has been out in Mykonos having a ball, partying with Chelsea players and generally living the footballer's dream. Now it's time to merit that lifestyle with performances on the pitch. Which he deserves btw.

This idea that we need to be careful with him etc. is a load of bollocks. The lad is clearly class and doesn't need "protected" from SPFL jobbers. It's hardly a pressure cooker environment he's being thrown into either. He loves first team football, and has pretty much smashed it every time he has played so far.

People give the SPFL far too much respect at times. Probably the same folk who were advocating playing Leon Balogun ahead of Nathan Patterson at right back because he was "more experienced".

Unleash the Uddi Pirlo.
Exactly. Plenty of other teams in our league fired players into their first teams regularly at 18/19. Gerrard referring to McCrorie as a baby in playing terms used to get right on my nerves. Pele world cup final at 17 anyone? If they’re better than what else you have to offer, play them. Just manage them well.

When does training start? We need new signings in before hand or we are going to be in the same position as last year. Slow start and out of Champions League early doors.

When does training start? We need new signings in before hand or we are going to be in the same position as last year. Slow start and out of Champions League early doors.

Last season's slow start had much more to do with the managers heart not being fully on it, the training camp being cancelled last minute and players returning back in drips and drabs due to international duty than it did new signings not being in place.

Pre-season was terrible last summer.

Explain this to me? Currently we have the exact same team as the one that came within a penalty of winning a European trophy? How exactly does that equate to "out of Europe early" next year?

Folk need to calm the hysteria. This team is arguably more capable of qualifying for the Champions League as currently constructed, than it would be after a bit of surgery. We are proven to be an outstanding European team. One bad result over 2 legs last season, is the clear outlier.

The young lad has magic in his boots, G. Wait until you seem him fully at it.

Lowry and Hagi together is the type of link-up Rangers fans pay good money to see. I've never actually thought about them in the same side, but that's a tantalising prospect.

He can go very very high, and I just see certain things in his game that distinguish him from Ianis.

In my opinion Lowry looks every bit as good as Barry Ferguson did when he was 18/19 so I’d be given him good game time over pre-season.

If he’s good enough he can play now…I do take Grigo’s point in not rushing him + let him develop at his pace but this kid looks the business to me.

I wouldn’t be looking for him to play every game but I think 25+ games this season is realistic target for this kids talent. IF he performs like he has anytime I’ve seen him he will be more than ready.

Last season's slow start had much more to do with the managers heart not being fully on it, the training camp being cancelled last minute and players returning back in drips and drabs due to international duty than it did new signings not being in place.

Pre-season was terrible last summer.

Also had Kamara, Roofe and Balogun suspended for the first leg and Alfie stuck in a quarantine hotel. This pre-season will be far more settled than last season genuinely don't get this chat that if nobody is in by Monday we aren't winning a tie in 5 weeks time

Has anybody seen this yet?

Hopefully true, but this article is largely mince.

Referring to a guy like Colak as a “journeyman” is daft. He’s a quality striker that is clearly a later-bloomer and used loans to develop. Since 2018 he’s scored bags of goals consistently, aside from his spell at PAOK. He’s hardly some jobber that nobody wants to retain.

Hope the game with Thistle next Saturday behind closed doors is the B team and not the first team god knows how this thread will go if its the first team and we don't win :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back