The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t say they have yet mate but it’s a massive risk of happening .. we blew the league last year and we can’t afford to do that again

Fresh blood in who are pushing for a first team is a requirement
The young players coming through could end up being that element that freshens the team, and pushes for a place; good point though.

Can't say I'm that excited about Colak. Soon to be 29, never really played at a decent level and from what I've seen it seems like half his goals for Malmo were horrendous defensive errors or tap ins. The quality of the Swedish league is really quite poor.
So poor their champions put us out in qualifying. :eek:
Should have added it’s a better quality than the Finnish league and Alfie’s done ok.

Or maybe waiting for the right players to become available. It's a limited budget - even with a sale - so the investment has to be correct.

There are many factors outwith our control that can influence the manner and speed in which a deal can be concluded.

A poster previously supplied the following:

Have a read. It sums up the general transfer market.
There were dozens of articles about this last summer, some really good reads.

Wenger has also been out saying similar.

This is where I think Rangers strategy of silence is misplaced. Wilson should be out actively discussing this, a bit of PR if nothing else.

Of course some fans just think it shouldn't apply to us and are unreasonable but I think the majority of reasonable fans will at least factor it into expectations.

The young players coming through could end up being that element that freshens the team, and pushes for a place; good point though.
Agree mate I’d love to see them come in but I think Lowry is the only one I’d trust to play lots this season

I can remember the very thing said about a certain young Columbian we signed.
key difference for many who do have concerns. completely pointless comparing the signing of Colak to that of Morelos.

for what its worth, i've never seen him play other than in the matches against us, so I'm neither here nor there on it. Not every player we sign can be a 23 year old with opportunity for further development, you need a balance throughout the squad and at a comparatively marginal outlay of a couple of million, you're not expecting any sell-on value. Players like this will form part of any squad.

key difference for many who do have concerns. completely pointless comparing the signing of Colak to that of Morelos.

for what its worth, i've never seen him play other than in the matches against us, so I'm neither here nor there on it. Not every player we sign can be a 23 year old with opportunity for further development, you need a balance throughout the squad and at a comparatively marginal outlay of a couple of million, you're not expecting any sell-on value. Players like this will form part of any squad.
Think he was comparing circumstances i.e levels played at, rather than the actual players involved.

I saw many a post on here before Morelos signed saying, he's only done it in Finland.

I think it definitely is exciting but needs to be tempered a bit given he is still young and relatively inexperienced against decent opposition. Hopefully he goes fron strength to strength though.
Good point, but that goal against Hearts suggests a very rare talent. I sense Van Bronckhorst will manage him well, but maybe Lowry will set his own pace.

Agree and disagree

We can shop at our level yes but the difference in scenarios is can we get the quality required

That’s where Ross Wilson should earn his pennies

You don't change players just for the sake of change though mate.
If you want change, then it must be to improve your current strongest 11..

The way we finished last season under Gio was as well as Rangers have played for a long time and there was absolutely nothing stale about our performances.

In the market we're shopping in, it won't be easy to upgrade players who've just reached a European Final and pished all over 2 top Bundesliga sides in getting there.

I still think Kent will very likely and Morelos will possibly extend their deals, but I think we'll lose Aribo and he'll definitely need replaced

Anyone else who leaves will also need replaced, but the only glaring weak link I see in our side is in the right sided forward position.

If Aribo leaves and is replaced with a similar, or better player, plus we upgrade the right forward area and sign a good squad striker, then we'll be more than good to go imo.

The way we finished last season under Gio was as well as Rangers have played for a long time and there was absolutely nothing stale about our performances.

In the market we're shopping in, it won't be easy to upgrade players who've just reached a European Final and pished all over 2 top Bundesliga sides in getting there.

I still think Kent will very likely and Morelos will possibly extend their deals, but I think we'll lose Aribo and he'll definitely need replaced

Anyone else who leaves will also need replaced, but the only glaring weak link I see in our side is in the right sided forward position.

If Aribo leaves and is replaced with a similar, or better player, plus we upgrade the right forward area and sign a good squad striker, then we'll be more than good to go imo.
Some really good points here.

Don’t know if feasible but I’d be offering Kent, Morelos and Aribo two year extensions with £10m buy outs active for the next two summers.

A sell on clause too if we can get it.

They’ve earned it and a deal like that could suit all parties.

It's clear we have no concern about strengthening the team in time for our CL qualifiers - it almost certainly seems as if we're waiting to see whether or not we qualify or sell any players before we look to do any major business.

IMO it's a very poor strategy if that's the case, and almost a carbon copy of the sort of complacency we had going into last year's qualifiers. Expecting to stroll past the likes of Monaco and PSV just because we reached the Europa League final last year is only going to end one way.

I don't know why we can't get our business done now, and then focus on qualifying for the CL and selling a few players while our new players are already settling into the team.

Only piece of business I can see getting done any time soon is Colak. There's been a complete lack of even credible links for any of the other positions that we're needing to fill. Right now it seems as if we've only been looking at strikers.

Why is it a poor strategy? We can't just keep adding players to what is already a bloated squad in hope we might sell 1 or 2 down the line it doesn't work like that. Nobody knows what's going to happen between now and 5 weeks time don't know why it keeps being repeated that we will go into the qualifiers with the same group of players. Even if we do head into the qualifiers with the same squad then we are having a far more settled pre-season and going into them with no suspensions to key players either so it's nothing like last season yet.

Just cause our business isn't public doesn't mean nothing is happening.

I see your point totally but I’m not saying about replacing anyone

Yes we got to the final and we were playing well but our bench was weak as hell and we were an injury away from a disaster

We cannot expect that same core group of players to play that amount of games agaib

We need players who are going to challenge them for a starting place

Competition is healthy

Agree mate I’d love to see them come in but I think Lowry is the only one I’d trust to play lots this season
I think the demand on Rangers to win makes it impossible for Gio to give these young guys a chance, which I'd like to see also. I think he will give them their chance,but I think it will be one or two at a time.

I see your point totally but I’m not saying about replacing anyone

Yes we got to the final and we were playing well but our bench was weak as hell and we were an injury away from a disaster

We cannot expect that same core group of players to play that amount of games agaib

We need players who are going to challenge them for a starting place

Competition is healthy

Our accounts show we can't really afford to carry a larger squad than we currently do.

You say our bench was weak in Leipzig, but Roofe (I know he came on, but wasn't fit), Morelos and Helander were injured.
Arfield and Davis came on and played a big part in us finishing the stronger side in the final.
We also had McLaughlin, Balogun and Sakala too.

That's 8 full internationalists who either were on the bench, or weren't available.
At least 6 of them had been big players for us during our Europa run.

I've seen far weaker squads than that and I've not even counted Lowry, King, or Zukowski.

As I previously posted, as long as we replace any outgoings with similar or better quality, plus add a 1st pick right forward and back up striker, then we're in a very strong position imo.

I was only referring to the standard of defending. A good penalty box player is in the right place to capitalise on mistakes.

One thing for certain
We have came a helluva long way from when our club business was always in the papers from all the constant leaks
Now we run a tight professional ship and nothing gets leaked.
And our transfer business mirrors this
But now, as supporters,we just speculate like a sixteen year old outside a nightclub.

Over 1000 posts have been deleted from this thread in the past 2 days.

Let that sink in for a moment.

There have been multiple posters given short term thread bans, some getting permanent thread bans, and some have been given temporary forum bans.

I have no doubt there will be more. If you keep derailing the thread then I guarantee there will be more.

You have been warned, yet again.

I get what you are saying, but most here would say the exact same about Scottish football.

And they have reason to back it up considering they've regularly scudded Scottish teams in the last 10 to 15 years.
Usually at start of season when they're a bit in and Scottish teams are coming in cold. We beat Malmo back in 2011 and last year if those ties are in September imo.

Not on the right hand side as a winger.

I think we'll see Lowry playing in the wide areas a lot in the near future, just to take some defensive pressure off of him and let him play to his strengths.

He was on the right in his first start against Livi, he's played wide left more than once (very good there against Hearts away).

Don’t know if feasible but I’d be offering Kent, Morelos and Aribo two year extensions with £10m buy outs active for the next two summers.

A sell on clause too if we can get it.

They’ve earned it and a deal like that could suit all parties.
If they are signing new deals then I'd be looking for more than 10 million buy outs inserted. I get what your saying that as incentive to sign them offer a lower buy out than expected but honestly think we could get at least 10 for each of the three your talking about now and just reinvest rather than trying to convince players to stay who potentially want away in the next year anyway

The infrastructure is better in Sweden but the standard of football really isn't, trust me.
I watch enough of it myself mate.
It's not a good standard, but it's better than Scotland, there's no question of it.
Aberdeen beat Hacken last year, but apart from that swedish teams always win European ties against Scottish clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back