Non Rangers 2022 Summer Transfer Thread

Love the backing Conte is getting.

Can't wait to watch Spurs next season. They're either going to be absolutely brilliant and within touching distance of the top 2.

Or they're going to go 'full Spurs' be absolutely shite and Conte will be gone before November.

Can't wait

They have the ability to do this mostly because they aren't scared to sell players to generate funds though. A huge chunk of our fanbase wants to keep our current players forever.
They have a better reputation than us if you’re a buying club. Van Dijk, Tierney, etc have shown buying from them provides good value for money.

We however need the players that we sell to establish themselves, so we can build a similar reputation.

Manchester City sign Stefan Ortega on a free - he's a good keeper. Wasted going there.

Inter announce André Onana, Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Kristjan Asslani.

That won’t be coming in anytime soon however. Later in season that all gets divvied out.

Like wise , if we make the UCL the same scenario for us

I know but it will be deferred revenue on their balance sheet. They know the money is coming in so they can spend accordingly. And most transfers are paid up in installments over the next couple of years as well.

Not sure where Richarlison fits in at Spurs with Kane and Son their main front players. I know Son can play deeper but I’m not sure you fit all three in the same team. Richarlison may find himself on the bench more often than not I think.
I saw Richarlison a couple of times v Chelsea.

Hes decent but infuriating, dives, rolls about and not a patch on Son.

Is Conte going to play all three of peanut heed, Son and Kane?

Not sure

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make? They've turned over their team at least twice in the last few seasons from Rodgers to Lennon and then to Postecoglu.
Let me spell things out for you as economics doesn’t seem to be your strong point.

We had roughly £50 million worth of players who left the club for nothing. We had dirty rotten bastards that pillaged the season ticket money to at least the tune of another £50 million, probably more. We had contracts that were handed out to make cnuts like Ashley get virtually every penny in merchandise go to him. The subsequent legal battles have also cost inumerable £millions. The beautiful stadium which was left to rot by the bastards has now cost £millions in repairs.

Compare that to European money given to them year after year, sometimes CL money, sometimes Europa. A league an cups haul that would never have been amassed if we were not totally screwed over. I'm not saying blameless, Murray got into a position where he was fucked and took the easy way out and imo knew what was coming. They got every domestic and European advantage handed to them on a plate probably to the tune of at least £150m to £200M.

For us to have won the league and got to the Europa league final was a fucking miracle. To then see cnuts whine about how they outspend us is just nauseating. Grow up. It's 10 years since our world came crashing down. I don't think any other club in the World would have recovered so quickly so forgive me if I am not going to cry about not matching their player sales when up to 2018ish we had virtually no one of any value to sell. Certainly not at the levels they had. That's 4 years btw. It takes time to develop players and sell them. Alfie COULD have gone for big money, but who would we have in his place? I think the board did the right thing not selling him at the time. Who else have we had bids for? Ryan Kent at about 1 third of his value? Tav at a laughable level? Even Barisic was at the time a stupidly low bid. This is probably due to clubs thinking we were desperate for money and would accept way below market value. So how do we sell players when bids don't match our values?

The fact that 'they sell players' is a direct product of the 8 years of no direct competition and the money they have brought in has funded their splurge. It's not that difficult to work out.

As for buying players the club has done magnificent work to get players of real value in. We have a squad worth the same, if not more, than the scum.

Please enlighten us, genius, how do we keep buying, and adding to our wage bill, without selling first?

Let me spell things out for you as economics doesn’t seem to be your strong point.

We had roughly £50 million worth of players who left the club for nothing. We had dirty rotten bastards that pillaged the season ticket money to at least the tune of another £50 million, probably more. We had contracts that were handed out to make cnuts like Ashley get virtually every penny in merchandise go to him. The subsequent legal battles have also cost inumerable £millions. The beautiful stadium which was left to rot by the bastards has now cost £millions in repairs.

Compare that to European money given to them year after year, sometimes CL money, sometimes Europa. A league an cups haul that would never have been amassed if we were not totally screwed over. I'm not saying blameless, Murray got into a position where he was fucked and took the easy way out and imo knew what was coming. They got every domestic and European advantage handed to them on a plate probably to the tune of at least £150m to £200M.

For us to have won the league and got to the Europa league final was a fucking miracle. To then see cnuts whine about how they outspend us is just nauseating. Grow up. It's 10 years since our world came crashing down. I don't think any other club in the World would have recovered so quickly so forgive me if I am not going to cry about not matching their player sales when up to 2018ish we had virtually no one of any value to sell. Certainly not at the levels they had. That's 4 years btw. It takes time to develop players and sell them. Alfie COULD have gone for big money, but who would we have in his place? I think the board did the right thing not selling him at the time. Who else have we had bids for? Ryan Kent at about 1 third of his value? Tav at a laughable level? Even Barisic was at the time a stupidly low bid. This is probably due to clubs thinking we were desperate for money and would accept way below market value. So how do we sell players when bids don't match our values?

The fact that 'they sell players' is a direct product of the 8 years of no direct competition and the money they have brought in has funded their splurge. It's not that difficult to work out.

As for buying players the club has done magnificent work to get players of real value in. We have a squad worth the same, if not more, than the scum.

Please enlighten us, genius, how do we keep buying, and adding to our wage bill, without selling first?
This, 100% this.
Well said, these are the facts and the truth is you are not painting a dismal picture, instead it is a reality we should be proud of.
Moves will happen in time and I am sure the club will get this right.
But we have to be both sensible and prudent.
It may be a sport and we carry the aspirations of sports supporters, but the truth is, the business has to work or we will be fckd again.
Like the rest of us, I say, Never Again!

This, 100% this.
Well said, these are the facts and the truth is you are not painting a dismal picture, instead it is a reality we should be proud of.
Moves will happen in time and I am sure the club will get this right.
But we have to be both sensible and prudent.
It may be a sport and we carry the aspirations of sports supporters, but the truth is, the business has to work or we will be fckd again.
Like the rest of us, I say, Never Again!
It's not rocket science really bb, is it? I think it was ValleyBluenose that asked a question about how some people here look after their personal finances.

It seems to me that just as we look like getting back to a top level, respected club, some people would take us to the brink on a gamble.

Not for me. Not for most of us.

It's not rocket science really bb, is it? I think it was ValleyBluenose that asked a question about how some people here look after their personal finances.

It seems to me that just as we look like getting back to a top level, respected club, some people would take us to the brink on a gamble.

Not for me. Not for most of us.

Unfortunately some of our fan base is selfish and entitled and act like spoiled brats when the club doesn’t do what they want. They also seem to ignore simple facts too, I don’t know how many times the same things have to be repeated.

Interested to see where Belotti goes.

An incredible decline in a player though. Torino aren’t very good right enough.

Interested to see where Belotti goes.

An incredible decline in a player though. Torino aren’t very good right enough.

Seen Italian news suggesting that if Inter can’t sign Raspadori then they might go for him. Inter meant to be close to Dybala too.

I see Celtic signed a left back from Lanus. Interesting to see that despite finishing 9th out of 26 teams, they were 25th out of 26 for goals conceded. Another Celtic defender who can't defend hopefully.
They were 2nd top scorers right enough so probably just another Celtic defender who will be playing as part of their front 8 :D

Thats a stonking liverpool top.

Understated and elegant.

I know we needed a company like castore to get to where we are but the sooner we get back to nike or adidas the better.

Ps sorry for going off piste:))

If Nike go ahead with the plan to make bespoke kits that are for two seasons cycles then I would be all for them.

However until then I’m glad to be away from their shite temples and horrid kits atm.

Salah's agent might be the biggest c*nt in all of football. A truly horrible man.

I wonder how much he's managed to weasel out of them.

If Nike go ahead with the plan to make bespoke kits that are for two seasons cycles then I would be all for them.

However until then I’m glad to be away from their shite temples and horrid kits atm.
Would be good if this happened.

I would be fcuking amazed if it ever does come to pass though.

The Nike liverpool home top and Adidas Real Madrid one for this season are beauties.

Some of the kits they made for us back in the halcyon 90s were absolute classics.

I get we will go with whoever the clubs makes the most £s from but really hope after our current castore deal ends Nike or Adidas approach us.

Last comment as do not want to derail this thread.

Back