The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're happy with the inactivity then good for you.

Given last seasons record income, the inactivity in the last 5 windows, an ageing squad, players entering the last year, CL qualifiers looming, importance of next season, a new manager, I expected / hoped we would bring a couple of players in early who are capable of impacting the team.

If there is money there to spend and we are just taking our time about it then that's a mistake.
How have we had little transfer activity in 5 windows ?

Sun claiming we’re back in for mcatee on loan
Could be quite an interesting one, he’s got pretty mental stats in youth/PL2 football and obviously viewed by Pep as one for the future. Been linked to a few clubs down south on loan as well as us.

I dont see the point in the McAtee signing? Hes highly rated at City, so no chance of him becoming permanent and hes a bit off what we need at this point in his career too. I suppose if Aribo goes he could give us a bit of cover, but even then id prefer either a loan that could be made permanent, or a permanent signing that can improve us right off the bat.

It certainly seems that way, you just know but that the Tims given who now works for them will Be all over it
Gio also has links to the City Group and knows Pep well. I’d argue we’re in a much better position to get players directly from City than they are.

McAtee linked again, however wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up across the City

Don't see it happening unless we offload some midfielders even then it's a lazy link if our ambition this summer is to sign a largely untested 19 year old from Man City I'd be disappointed regardless of his ability this has Diallo vibes written all over it.

We were in for him in January too? Might be some truth in it.

Don't see the point in bringing a kid from Man City up here to develop being honest.

Lad might be good but Alex Lowry is there and is actually our player to develop.
You know what, its brutal but we need the best players to win, see if the boy comes in and performs ‍♂️ can't say much if jes helping us win although I agree 100%. City really highly rate this boy just like we do Lowry, no reason they can't be on the pitch at the same time.

Could be quite an interesting one, he’s got pretty mental stats in youth/PL2 football and obviously viewed by Pep as one for the future. Been linked to a few clubs down south on loan as well as us.
It’s a tricky one for City. Yes, sending him somewhere like Leeds or Brighton will see him tested at a much higher level, but as we saw with Gilmour last year, if it doesn’t work out it can be a wasted year. But with us, whilst the quality, outwith European games, won’t be as high the pressure of having to win every week could show city more about the lad than any loan down there will

What if we sold Aribo, signed a right winger and brought him in to contest with Lowry for the attacking midfielder spot?

Rather sign a midfielder on a permanent basis that can contribute for years to come. Rather develop Lowry than someone else’s player. Along with a right sided attacker.

I know McAtee is highly rated, so was Diallo. I’m not a fan of taking players from the English Under 23 leagues that have barely kicked a ball at first team level. Especially when they very rarely work out and we’ve no chance of signing them.

It’s a tricky one for City. Yes, sending him somewhere like Leeds or Brighton will see him tested at a much higher level, but as we saw with Gilmour last year, if it doesn’t work out it can be a wasted year. But with us, whilst the quality, outwith European games, won’t be as high the pressure of having to win every week could show city more about the lad than any loan down there will
Yup for me the best development would come from playing for us rather than teams down south. The pressure of playing for us is different and the CL football (if we qualify) would be huge for his development. Gio is well regarded within the City group and familiar with Pep which also may help us.

Like Amad was supposed to be better than Scott Wright and a 20 million quid player?

He was nowhere near ready for our league.
He had 6 months here, this would be different. I don’t understand the argument that one player was good enough so this loan signing wouldn't be good enough either. If he had a full pre season here I’d be confident he’d contribute well across the course of the season.

He had 6 months here, this would be different. I don’t understand the argument that one player was good enough so this loan signing wouldn't be good enough either. If he had a full pre season here I’d be confident he’d contribute well across the course of the season.
6 months were he contributed very little, I've never seen this Man City boy play so perhaps I'll reserve judgement, is he good?

Fine if the club has to downsize be honest about it and tell the fans.

After 55 RTV had a number of interviews with people high up at the club never once was our transfer business downplayed in fact the opposite was the case. We were also told a new chairman would be appointed with fresh investment coming with them, that never happened either.

Like I said above Rangers can only be financially sustainable in two ways doing well in Europe or selling players if the quality of team goes down over the next few years then neither will happen.

We let the yahoos get another £30m before a ball is kicked again season after next then it's going to be a long few of years ahead.

Do you believe that announcing that we’re struggling for investment would be more or less harmful to the recruitment of the business?

would this announcement make it more or less likely to attract players?

Does your answer to either of the last questions make it more or less likely that you would announce either publicly?

Bongonda MOTM clip while playing for Genk. Actually reminds me a bit of Roofe in his movement but with much more pace. Looks like he can play off the right as well.
Surprised to see he's only 26, I remember him at Celta Vigo and thought he was older than that

McAtee is a fantastic prospect. The comparisons with Diallo are way off as Diallo was fae too lightweight for our league. McAtee has all the abiliy and is phyically strong.

I hope there is something in this but can't get the fact they are in bed with the City group out my head and thinking we have no chance.

6 months were he contributed very little, I've never seen this Man City boy play so perhaps I'll reserve judgement, is he good?
Chucked in at the deep end and didn’t really survive it. McAtee has an excellent record in youth/reserve football which can obviously be a sign of things to come or he could struggle to adapt. Regarded highly by Pep though and has minutes in the champions league, Premier League and cups for City.

City's writer for the Athletic saying 10 days ago that Leeds and a load of others clubs want McAtee but he's likely to get more involvement with the first team next season.

I hope there is something in this but can't get the fact they are in bed with the City group out my head and thinking we have no chance.
Not sure if they’re really in bed with the City group or not. Certainly looks like they have access to the city group scouting network but I think the future of McAtee would come down to Pep. Gio also has pretty strong links with the City group so it evens out imo.

Do you believe that announcing that we’re struggling for investment would be more or less harmful to the recruitment of the business?

Does your answer to either of the last questions make it more or less likely that you would announce either publicly?

If we don't have the money to sign these players I can't see it making any difference in the recruitment process anyway.

We wouldn't scare off an £8m rated player as we don't have £8m in the first place to spend on a single player unless someone is sold.

Chucked in at the deep end and didn’t really survive it. McAtee has an excellent record in youth/reserve football which can obviously be a sign of things to come or he could struggle to adapt. Regarded highly by Pep though and has minutes in the champions league, Premier League and cups for City.
I'm just not a fan of signing youth players we've no chance of signing on a permanent deal, Brandon Barker was highly rated in Man City youth squads aswell..

I'm just not a fan of signing youth players we've no chance of signing on a permanent deal, Brandon Barker was highly rated in Man City youth squads aswell..
That’s fair but I wouldn’t be too quick to disregard this lad. It was clear by the time Barker made it to us he wasn’t good enough and wasn’t ready to make it. The last loan signing we had from city wasn’t too bad …

Best to put that one on ignore mate.

Not sure if they’re really in bed with the City group or not. Certainly looks like they have access to the city group scouting network but I think the future of McAtee would come down to Pep. Gio also has pretty strong links with the City group so it evens out imo.
They are.

Lawwels son worked for them and has just become the head of recruitment with them. Their manager also has links with them through Yokahoma. They have had 3 or 4 players off them. Might be irrelevant here though.

They are.

Lawwels son worked for them and has just become the head of recruitment with them. Their manager also has links with them through Yokahoma. They have had 3 or 4 players off them. Might be irrelevant here though.
Yeah fair enough Lawwells son is the obvious connection, what players have they had recently from City?(genuine question btw) Seems obvious that they have access to the database for scouting with their signings. However, I certainly wouldn’t write off the Gio connection with them and would argue that could be more influential.

McAtee, these players take 12-18 months before they’re ready for regular consistent football.

We aren’t going to get a cut price deal similar to Frimpong so there’s very little point continually going after these wee boys when our own down get enough game time.
He's nearly 20 and 5ft 11 so not a 'wee boy'

That’s fair but I wouldn’t be too quick to disregard this lad. It was clear by the time Barker made it to us he wasn’t good enough and wasn’t ready to make it. The last loan signing we had from city wasn’t too bad …

He had played for Bolton in the Premiership along with World Cup qualifiers and featuring at a World Cup for Slovakia.

McAtee has a total of under 20 minutes in the Premiership, a run out in a dead rubber Champions League match and the odd minutes in the FA and Carabao Cup early rounds. Doesn’t even add up to 90 minutes worth of appearances.

McAtee may well be highly rated but I’m not interested in another clubs youth player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back