The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's something about Tom Lawrence that is giving me the fear.

Guy seems an absolute throbber. That said, the dressing room leadership group would probably sort him out.

I'm sure he squared up to Tav in a pre season friendly a couple of years ago, never liked the lady's front bottom since then.

There's something about Tom Lawrence that is giving me the fear.

Guy seems an absolute throbber. That said, the dressing room leadership group would probably sort him out.
Either that or put him through a third degree.

Lawrence is a good player and would be an asset. Yes he has a questionable past but we have all done things wrong.

Gazza, Diouf to mention a couple were no angels but talented footballers.

I’d have Lawrence in our squad no problem at all.

This thread is addictive

You know you shouldn’t open it but curiosity gets to you in the hope that we have a real update or decent transfer rumour

But alas more weird posts

Now we are discussing drink driving convictions !!

Angelino is a cracking player and was arguably their best player over the two legs.

Bassey isn't at his level as a LB yet.

Dunno mate, he never matched Tav's run for our 1st goal at Ibrox.
He certainly sold that and came off 2nd best against Tav that night.

I wouldn’t be swapping him for Bassey.

I'm not defending him here but when you read up on the Tom Lawrence incident I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. He was register at 2 times over the limit which could be having drunk 3 pints. Bennett seemed the 1 who was in a worse state. Also Keogh chose to get in the car and in doing so should rightly have been sacked as he was club captain and should set an example. Tom Lawrence got sentenced in court and rightly so. Thankfully no others were injured. If we are going down the road of shaming players who have done something wrong then why were we not against signing Douf or Gazza.

Dunno mate, he never matched Tav's run for our 1st goal at Ibrox.
He certainly sold that and came off 2nd best against Tav that night.

I wouldn’t be swapping him for Bassey.
If you are basing your assessment on Angelino based on that one game at Ibrox then sadly you're a mile off.

Wonder if there is truth to the Lawrence rumours. Haven't seen fan media deny it yet, like they have with other targets - i.e. Botheim, Ferguson etc

Why wouldn't we have a fit striker? Surely Morelos and Roofe aren't still out for that game?

They have been out long term youd imagine will take them a while to get up to speed?

They usually do

Was also posted on here Morelos was still not training with the squad - still in the gym

I'm not defending him here but when you read up on the Tom Lawrence incident I don't think it's as bad as some are making out. He was register at 2 times over the limit which could be having drunk 3 pints. Bennett seemed the 1 who was in a worse state. Also Keogh chose to get in the car and in doing so should rightly have been sacked as he was club captain and should set an example. Tom Lawrence got sentenced in court and rightly so. Thankfully no others were injured. If we are going down the road of shaming players who have done something wrong then why were we not against signing Douf or Gazza.

I can remember people not wanting Jon Flanagan when he was linked. Ultimately if he becomes a Rangers player 95% of the support will have forgotten about it by the time he kicks a ball.

This thread is addictive

You know you shouldn’t open it but curiosity gets to you in the hope that we have a real update or decent transfer rumour

But alas more weird posts

Now we are discussing drink driving convictions !!
Just look if there are any new pages since your last visit, if there are only a few added then it’s the same as normal and you know hee haw has happened

Is the drink driving incident the only thing that's making people suggest Lawrence is a "bad egg"? I can't remember hearing much else about him.

If Tom Lawrence comes in and does the business nobody will give a sh*t about his drink driving issue.

No doubt the same people moaning about this where the types who wanted Bassey and Patterson hunted from the club for attending a party during Covid.
Think it’s always right to look at a players character when we look at signing them and the club will do the exact same thing. It’s a part of modern football and successful teams all do it.

What i hope happens is we keep Kent, get Theo in, both on opposite wings, but, what id love to see is them tearing everyone apart by swapping wings during games, give both free reign.
Ok i can dream

Lawrence was Derby captain.

Doesn't suggest he is a bad egg.
He fucked up big time , but in todays terms in world of social media and the press , he will just have to deal with it , several of our players have had similar issues although not to his extent.
Wonder if there is truth to the Lawrence rumours. Haven't seen fan media deny it yet, like they have with other targets - i.e. Botheim, Ferguson etc
It was discussed on H&H daily update few weeks ago , they thought was mostly agent adding us in to flush out any interest aswell as West Brom’s .

I get that completely. I agree with you as well.

That said, the uneasiness that exists, is partially the fault of the board and the club though. They've left a void but they are poor communicators to the fanbase in general and that's let to a culture of mistrust between the average punter and the club. Wrongly or rightly, it's an issue that club needs to get better at. I'm not advocating they spill delicate details and have rumours leak left and right but improved comms would go a long way to easing some supporters fears.

It isn't the clubs responsibility to entertain bored fans during pre season with details about players we're after.

Tom Lawrence will score goals from the wider positions.

He’s been averaging around 1 in 4 over the last 4 or 5 years at championship level.

The Lawrence incident happened almost three years ago. Since then he's been heavily fined, served community service and rehabilitation. He was then made Derby captain.

Bit of an up and down player - on his game a very good player. Another player who's got a good range of passing, very direct and likes a shot a goal. I see the Derby fans say he can be quite lazy at times and likes to get involved in niggles on the park. Nothing wrong with that, especially if one of our players have been smashed by the hatchet men in Scottish football.

He's also versatile.

What i hope happens is we keep Kent, get Theo in, both on opposite wings, but, what id love to see is them tearing everyone apart by swapping wings during games, give both free reign.
Ok i can dream
I'd love to see the front three all interchanging throughout a game but that takes a certain standard and style of player

To be fair to SDF, you’ve read that wrong.

He isn’t implying Lowry will be making himself unavailable for games (or Ramsey for that matter).

More to the point that Lowry is likely to be managed in terms of his progression and won’t figure every week or certainly figure in every squad as an ever-present.

I tend to agreee. Competition is fierce in midfield. No doubt Lowry is quality but he’ll need some time to fully establish himself. The pressure shouldn’t be high on him this season.
Why is he any different than Barry Ferguson was ?

Ferguson made a few appearances the season before and then became a mainstay the next.

Is the drink driving incident the only thing that's making people suggest Lawrence is a "bad egg"? I can't remember hearing much else about him.
His disciplinary record is very poor, a ridiculous amount of yellow & red cards and it's thought this is the main reason that Rob Page will not select him for the National side.

Tom Lawrence will score goals from the wider positions.

He’s been averaging around 1 in 4 over the last 4 or 5 years at championship level.
We need better squad options especially in the attacking wide areas think someone suggested he can play as a 10 and across the frontline he might not be a bad option.

Having to rely on Sakala and Wright genuinely gives me the fear.

Last edited:
His disciplinary record is very poor, a ridiculous amount of yellow & red cards and it's thought this is the main reason that Rob Page will not select him for the National side.
In 338 games he's had 62 bookings and 3 red cards (one was for a second yellow)

That's a "ridiculous amount" ?

I imagine we have targets for if we make a decent sale (Bongonda) and targets for if we do not (Lawrence).

The longer we go without making a considerable sale, the closer we get to pursuing the latter list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back