The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't the clubs responsibility to entertain bored fans during pre season with details about players we're after.

That's not what I've said. Or even vaguely hinted at either. I don't really understand how you read that post and assumed that's what I was implying?

I'll clear it up for you though. The club's poor communication strategy, has led to an uneasiness and distrust among the fanbase. The radio silence on transfers doesn't aid that, although I completely get why they don't broadcast transfer dealings. Many don't, I think the issue stems back to poor communication on the part of the club overall. My point was, if the club communicated with the fans better overall on issues not pertaining to transfers, they'd perhaps be less inclined to have cause for concern and perhaps be more willing to trust them.

The Sydney Old Firm debacle was only a few months ago, it's pretty easy to see why the fans have turned on the club, among other transgressions over the years. The club has a weak communication strategy overall imo, the knock on effect is people doubt the validity or the performance of the entire operation as a result of that. It gets highlighted and preyed upon even more during times like the transfer window.

Jesus Christ Barry is in the Daily Retard now touting Lewis.

Former Scotland captain Barry Ferguson admits he is surprised Rangers or Celtic haven't made an approach to Aberdeen for his nephew Lewis Ferguson so far this summer. (Daily Record)
They've also printed yet another story from a Greek, lambasting Colak and his ability to cope with pressure.

They are a vile shower.

yes with shit soundbites

- Rangers wont wait for Colak or be messed around
- "the database"
- Rangers have had good service from Joe Aribo and will make good money on him, remember he cost next to nothing

To name but a few of the messages which have come out at the same time from all fan media outlets
Also we are not interested in Simms and Ferguson being fed

We're not interested in Ferguson is being fed.

We might be interested in Simms depending on how the window goes is being fed there.
I'd have Ferguson before Simms as he looks like he's running through treacle after 30 minutes.

I am not sure if either would make our team.

Simms lol we are just being trolled now.

Are we trying to even challenge for first place and get in the CL this year or are the board taking a season off?

I imagine we have targets for if we make a decent sale (Bongonda) and targets for if we do not (Lawrence).

The longer we go without making a considerable sale, the closer we get to pursuing the latter list.

I think it's this is the problem. If we sell no one we have a much cheaper list were Colak is probably the most expensive player on it.

If we do we'll need replacements and probably go up to £4m/£5m a player.

That's not what I've said. Or even vaguely hinted at either. I don't really understand how you read that post and assumed that's what I was implying?

I'll clear it up for you though. The club's poor communication strategy, has led to an uneasiness and distrust among the fanbase. The radio silence on transfers doesn't aid that, although I completely get why they don't broadcast transfer dealings. Many don't, I think the issue stems back to poor communication on the part of the club overall. My point was, if the club communicated with the fans better overall on issues not pertaining to transfers, they'd perhaps be less inclined to have cause for concern and perhaps be more willing to trust them.

The Sydney Old Firm debacle was only a few months ago, it's pretty easy to see why the fans have turned on the club, among other transgressions over the years. The club has a weak communication strategy overall imo, the knock on effect is people doubt the validity or the performance of the entire operation as a result of that. It gets highlighted and preyed upon even more during times like the transfer window.
the fans have turned on the club?

Absolute nonsense ,you made a few good valid points but ruined it with that statement

Personally, I don’t want (or need ) to be kept informed on a blow by blow basis regarding transfers. I’m quite content to wait until the business is done.
Some people seem to need ‘entertained’ during the close season, or just plain and simply like yo moan. Yes, in general terms, communications could be better, but transfers are a different matter.

I think it's this is the problem. If we sell no one we have a much cheaper list were Colak is probably the most expensive player on it.

If we do we'll need replacements and probably go up to £4m/£5m a player.
The issue we have is the clubs wanting to spend 10M on a player have other options also, and the Scottish league probably pushes our guys further down the list.

So what we know for definite or most probable so far.

Colak is about 48 hours away.

Aribo is for the off.

Others shouts are Ferguson, Tom Lawrence and Simms?
We have never been linked to Ferguson other than by a Tim on twitter making up shite.

This has then created about 30 pointless pages of discussions regarding whether he's any good or not

To be fair there is so little actual rumours we are desperate to believe anything

I know it's early and I know I'm being dramatic.

But this has all the hall marks of a truly depressing transfer window.
Gerrard was always praised for getting “business done early”, which I suppose is what we got used to due to the dates of our European qualifiers.

Hopefully that’s what it is.

Seeing Sakala has gone has panicked me a bit, shouldn’t have came in here! Ignore me being a twat.

Last edited:
Alex Crook just discussing Aribo to Southampton on talksport just there. He said something along the lines of 'the big question is can Aribo take his SPL form to the Premier league, as we know it's a big step up'

He said this right after he mentioned Aribo scoring in the Europa league final. Aribo for 10m is an absolute bargain and imo he would be one of their key players in a team that looked rotten whenever I watched them in the last half of last season.

So what we know for definite or most probable so far.

Colak is about 48 hours away.

Aribo is for the off.

Others shouts are Ferguson, Tom Lawrence and Simms?

Quick summary:

Colak - apparently waiting on current club signing a replacement - Twitter 'journalists' saying end of the week/into next week.

Simms - Twitter journalist said we are aware of him but not actively trying to sign (words to that end)

Ferguson - think the same journalist as above rubbished links.

Lawrence - older rumours through newspapers - not sure we've had a solid link.

Bongonda - previous media link to us (and a poster on here with link to a scout) and a tweet saying he isn't joining current club on preseason and is away. Probably the most real excitement around a link in this thread since Veerman...

Last edited:
Gerrard was always praised for getting “business done early”, which I suppose is what we got used to due to the dates of our European qualifiers.

Seeing Sakala has gone has panicked me a bit, shouldn’t have came in here!

Re-read the first post mate - Sakala is not going out on loan it is in the NON STARTERS section. You had me worried.

Seeing Sakala has gone has panicked me a bit, shouldn’t have came in here!
Gone where?

Quick summary:

Colak - apparently waiting on current club signing a replacement - Twitter 'journalists' saying end of the week/into next week.

Simms - Twitter journalist said we are aware of him but not actively trying to sign (words to that end)

Ferguson - think the same journalist as above rubbished links.

Lawrence - older rumours through newspapers - not sure we've had a solid link.

Bongonda - previous media link to us and a tweet saying he isn't joining current club on preseason and is away. Probably the most real excitement around a link in this thread since Veerman...
That links through a poster on here who heard from a scout that we have been watching him.

99% of stuff written by journalists about our transfer activity is just clickbait nonsense.
Written to fill their column inches because they cannot be bothered to actually write something interesting about the game itself.
Thus 99% of speculation on here is the same nonsense.
What is amusing is how hyperventilated people become over what is in effect a cloud of meaningless dust.

But I suppose it is fun with no actual football to watch.
We should really have been engrossed in a world cup.

His disciplinary record is very poor, a ridiculous amount of yellow & red cards and it's thought this is the main reason that Rob Page will not select him for the National side.
I don't know very much about the lad, however a quick search will tell you he's picked up 62 bookings in 338 games in his career, only once picking up 2 in the same game, & has been sent off 3 times.

So a booking on average every 5 plus games or so & rarely having been sent from the field of play...

We bang on about physical nature of Scottish football, & players getting stuck in, but now see this as a reason not to be interested in him (if indeed there is something in it)?

I'm not sure that record should automatically exclude him imo.

Yes, that’s fairly obvious.

I was more meaning in regards to the ‘doesn’t suggest he is a bad egg’ part, when the previous captain evidently was deemed to be that by the club.

The only difference being he wasn’t their star man, and someone they had to keep happy.
I understand you now mate, sorry.

99% of stuff written by journalists about our transfer activity is just clickbait nonsense.
Written to fill their column inches because they cannot be bothered to actually write something interesting about the game itself.
Thus 99% of speculation on here is the same nonsense.
What is amusing is how hyperventilated people become over what is in effect a cloud of meaningless dust.

But I suppose it is fun with no actual football to watch.
We should really have been engrossed in a world cup.
A very good summary of events

I've said for ages ,we run a tight ship nowadays ,with no leaks compared to and few short years ago when all our business was in the papers.
The so called journalists know as much about our transfer business as the average person on here.
We all want a few new players in as it is needed and gives the whole club a lift ,if it is taking longer to get the the right players in , it's not ideal but sometimes that's just how it goes.

What's happened to the speculation surrounding Stewart?
Gone quiet I think. Having followed this thread I'm not sure we've had a solid link out with speculation. When it's mentioned now it seems to be recycled stories for hits adding absolutely no new info.

We play them at the weekend, so I expect that cycle of media guesswork to kick off around Thursday lunchtime!

Alex Crook just discussing Aribo to Southampton on talksport just there. He said something along the lines of 'the big question is can Aribo take his SPL form to the Premier league, as we know it's a big step up'

He said this right after he mentioned Aribo scoring in the Europa league final. Aribo for 10m is an absolute bargain and imo he would be one of their key players in a team that looked rotten whenever I watched them in the last half of last season.
Just wonder if Aribo will actually fancy Southampton or would prefer a London club.

What's happened to the speculation surrounding Stewart?

This years Kevin Nisbet. We’ve scouted him and some people in the press etc think we are after him. We scout tons of players that are showing up on KPI trackers within the club database.

I think the Aribo and Sakala rumours being bolded caused a bit of confusion.

Didn't look like the Sakala one was in "non-starters" as much as part of a new section. I can see where the confusion came from

Why do so many people want rid of Sakala? I just don't get it.

12-13 goals from a squad player what more do people expect/want?
I don't want rid and like his effort and enthusiasm.

People don't 100% trust his decision making ie shots from daft angles with people screaming for a pass or heavy first touch or poorly weighted passes.

All the above can be worked on and improved and folk would get off his back.

We have some that go mental at a misplaced pass by anyone in first minute or when 3 goals up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back