The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want rid and like his effort and enthusiasm.

People don't 100% trust his decision making ie shots from daft angles with people screaming for a pass or heavy first touch or poorly weighted passes.

All the above can be worked on and improved and folk would get off his back.

We have some that go mental at a misplaced pass by anyone in first minute or when 3 goals up :)

But he's a squad player, never likely to be good enough to be someone we rely on every single week which is fine. Every squad needs that. His job is to come in and make an impact when required, which he done overall last season when you look at his numbers.

Why do so many people want rid of Sakala? I just don't get it.

12-13 goals from a squad player what more do people expect/want?

Likewise. There's literally hundreds of valid points from a variety of posters who will say Kent doesn't score enough, we don't have enough goals as a team, too reliant on 2/3 players who score, need more players capable of scoring 10 goals minimum etc.

And in the same thread there seems to be this huge urge to bin Sakala at all costs. Who was a free transfer, and despite being nowhere near out best player technically - he contributes effectively with goals and assists.

This bin Sakala movement seems to have appeared within the past few weeks of no football as well. Barely saw a negative post on him during the season.

But he's a squad player, never likely to be good enough to be someone we rely on every single week which is fine. Every squad needs that. His job is to come in and make an impact when required, which he done overall last season when you look at his numbers.
I quite like him. Could he be better. Yip. Did he contribute. Yip.

There's something there but not perfect and may yet improve

We had a chronic shortage of strikers and our manager opted just not to play one rather than use Sakala through the middle regularly.

Squad players need to be able to be relied upon a lot more than the manager relied on him. And I think Gio's judgement on that was correct btw - he can't be trusted to give more than the occasional game in contributions.

I didn't think this window could be any worse than last summer but it's so boring.

Especially after the run in Europe last season where you would be expecting a bit of money to be available.

Why do so many people want rid of Sakala? I just don't get it.

12-13 goals from a squad player what more do people expect/want?

Sakala should be universally loved by the fans due to the amount of effort he puts into every game, however, a blind man can see the guy has zero composure in front of goal. He’s completely rash.

I think it’s natural that most want either improvement in that department from him or an upgrade.

Sakala should be universally loved by the fans due to the amount of effort he puts into every game, however, a blind man can see the guy has zero composure in front of goal. He’s completely rash.

I think it’s natural that most want either improvement in that department from him or an upgrade.

I am still struggling here....

He's a squad player. So are you saying our squad players (forwards/wingers) should be chipping in with more than 12-13 goals a season?

Nobody has said he is perfect, he has his faults as a player of course but it's a positives v negatives debate. Technically he's poor but his numbers show he knows the way to the net.

Scott Wright is a better player technically but never scores. So would you rather that than Sakala?

As a comparison the same was said about Scott Wright, at times he also lacks composure and nerve in front of goal, however the last few games of the season and the cup final you could see it had/was being worked on by the coaches.

i think Sakala needs/will be getting that attention from coaches as well

This is the most boring summer window I can remember. I'd even take selling a player right now to get money in as at least it might give us some excitement as to how we spend it.

Alex Crook just discussing Aribo to Southampton on talksport just there. He said something along the lines of 'the big question is can Aribo take his SPL form to the Premier league, as we know it's a big step up'

He said this right after he mentioned Aribo scoring in the Europa league final. Aribo for 10m is an absolute bargain and imo he would be one of their key players in a team that looked rotten whenever I watched them in the last half of last season.

The usual clueless, condescending, inverted snobbery garbage that's churned out, whenever Rangers are compared to the EPL.

A league where the actual ability of many of the players and teams, is artificially inflated by the amount of money slushing about in it.

There's an awful lot of players in the EPL that wouldn't get near to a start for us.

Sakala might not be our best technically but far to early to right him off. Surely only going to get better and his numbers have been pretty decent considering hes been in and out the team and hes also choped and changed positions.
He’s a really weird one for me. His numbers are actually very good and he’s scored some very good goals. At times he looks like a very good footballer but then he looks like he hasn’t seen a football other times. Certainly wouldn’t want rid of him as a squad option yet and he also has a great song.

The usual clueless, condescending, inverted snobbery garbage that's churned out, whenever Rangers are compared to the EPL.

A league where the actual ability of many of the players and teams, is artificially inflated by the amount of money slushing about in it.

There's an awful lot of players in the EPL that wouldn't get near to a start for us.

Agreed pal, Southampton being a perfect example. Yes they have got some quality players, but they've also got some amount of dross that I wouldn't want anywhere near us. Aribo would be a substantial improvement for them, and I was amazed that a journalist had to question it, especially when the sentence before he mentioned Joe scoring in a European final.

Alex Crook just discussing Aribo to Southampton on talksport just there. He said something along the lines of 'the big question is can Aribo take his SPL form to the Premier league, as we know it's a big step up'

He said this right after he mentioned Aribo scoring in the Europa league final. Aribo for 10m is an absolute bargain and imo he would be one of their key players in a team that looked rotten whenever I watched them in the last half of last season.
Producing weekly for an average team in the EPL is a big step from the Europa league final.

How credible and are rumours strong enough for this guy Bongonda?
We'll still be asking this in 3 weeks time, have pinned our title hopes on him by then and will then enter a 2 week period of wailing, toy throwing and mourning when he signs for Hoffenheim for €3m.

We'll take all 3 thanks very much
He’s a really weird one for me. His numbers are actually very good and he’s scored some very good goals. At times he looks like a very good footballer but then he looks like he hasn’t seen a football other times. Certainly wouldn’t want rid of him as a squad option yet and he also has a great song.

The parkhead game was a great example of Sakala as a player for me, excellent finishing for the goal, blistering pace causing them allsorts of bother in last 20mins they just couldnt live with him then misses a sitter to win it at the death.

I feel he will improve with a steady summer period with this coach set up, scott wright also.

I don’t get the Sakala negativity

Free transfer, never was going to be an instant 11 player. Sure he’s raw at times with decision making but he chipped in with goals and assists and often causes issues with pace
Is his return not pretty decent for amount of minutes played ?

I don’t get the Sakala negativity

Free transfer, never was going to be an instant 11 player. Sure he’s raw at times with decision making but he chipped in with goals and assists and often causes issues with pace
I am with you on this.
I like the player.
He can be a bit raw at times, but he offers a lot of attributes and is a dangerous player off the bench.
I accept, however, that he is still a work in progress, but the potential is there and it is a matter of getting him into the correct mindset of a Rangers player.
Good players respond to good coaching indeed, they want it, and Rangers have shown a lot of ability in improving players over the last five years.

We'll take all 3 thanks very much

The parkhead game was a great example of Sakala as a player for me, excellent finishing for the goal, blistering pace causing them allsorts of bother in last 20mins they just couldnt live with him then misses a sitter to win it at the death.

I feel he will improve with a steady summer period with this coach set up, scott wright also.

He’s a nuisance to defences, with his energy & determination.

He drives me mad at times, but here are non goals where he made a big difference right off of the top of my head :

Aberdeen penalty for 2.2
Dundee Utd penalty for 1.0
Dundee Utd penalty not given at Tannadice
Starfelt OG Hampden

He’s added to the squad, despite his weaknesses.

You can’t score 12 without any composure. Just look at his goal against them in the 1-1 game to show how composed a finish that was to put it the only place it would go in

Yeah it was a prime example of Sakala. Agree with what you say and I think he’ll improve further with our coaching and now he’ll be more settled.

Maybe I should post this as a separate thread but for the moment unless admin move it I’ll pose the question here. How bad is the squad currently? Do you not have confidence in the players we have just now? Instead of signing new players isn’t the goal to bring in guys like Lowry, King, McCann, Weston etc to save us buying players in every season?

A lot of folks really worrying that we are not signing many players but maybe the club will have to try to start to rely on the investment made in the youth setup. Instead of buying another striker as back up how far away is the the young Colombian lad Algeria (or something like that sorry) from breaking into the first team?

We brought in a management team who have experience in bringing through youths and trusting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back