The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aribo will be leaving with experiences he will never ever repeat, i wish him good luck but there will be no more sensational buzzes, plenty more pounds though.

Can look at it another way though. He has just had the season of his life- 70 games, scored in the Europa League Final and where's he going? Southampton. This looks like as good a move as he is going to get as we pretty much hit our ceiling last season.

Therefore not only is he being better paid but you could argue if he has the desire to get to the very top of the game then it's a bit of a gamble trusting his ability.

Said that to the old man today.
I often wonder if the bank balance compensates for going to places where you don't have to win every week.

Its not as if we're talking about being on the poverty line to millionaire; these guys could continue to live a very good life and not worry about life after football to stay at Ibrox.

It's not just about money though, whether we like it or not the EPL is where it's at for players, he will play against some of the biggest teams in Europe, with some of the best players in the world at some of the best stadiums every other week.

Lowry won't be a long term possibility if he's not trusted to play very soon.

Barry Ferguson became a regular for us at 19 and IMHO that learning experience at a young age made him the player he was.
Fergie was 20 when he started becoming a regular. Never mind being a regular, he didn't even make his debut until a few months after turning 19

At 19 he had only played about 5-11 games before turning 20. It's hard to tell how many he played before turning 20 in February of Smith's last season.

As of right now Lowry is actually ahead of Ferguson's curve.

A season of bedding in, with 10+ starts and 15-25 subs (5 sub rule next season) would be a good base for Lowry to kick on and develop.

I’m sure the details will be passed on to the fan media by the club at some point today.

I seem to remember Romano being corrected on the Patterson fee

My guess is that we maybe showed flexibility and accepted a bit less up front to get a percentage of next sale added but it will be £10m overall

Whether we like it or not we better get used to this sort of move for our better players.

The whole “why is he moving there?” / “It’s a backwards step” / “Will he get the same experiences?” Etc etc

Facts are our finances and what country we play in are going to hold us back in terms of keeping our best players when Premier League clubs come calling. People need to realise that or they’re going to be very disappointed for the foreseeable future.

Southampton finished 15th last season. The clubs around them are Everton, Leeds and Aston Villa. If any of those clubs come calling for our best players (Kent, Morelos, Bassey) then you better believe all three of them will be extremely interested.

More money, playing in a far superior league, against far superior players, in far superior stadiums, in a league that is watched by almost every country around the world.

It simply can’t be. Anyone happy clapping to this is at it.
Stunned at that. Farce

The worst patter, honestly.

'Happy clapping' seems to translate as 'people who don't lose their shit about every single thing ever and would like to know more details'.

If this is accurate, what are the add ons? Do they benefit us more in the long run than demanding more now? Normal rational questions rather than going mental.

I’m sure the details will be passed on to the fan media by the club at some point today.

I seem to remember Romano being corrected on the Patterson fee

My guess is that we maybe showed flexibility and accepted a bit less up front to get a percentage of next sale added but it will be £10m overall
Even at that, the narrative is out there once again already that we’ve accepted a low fee.

I’d imagine they will release the inner workings of this deal to an extent as the fans are absolutely gunning for the board and Wilson here. Explanation needed

The part that confuses me is that we got 16m from Patterson, 4m for SG, 35m from Europe this season according to Robertson, 29m from commercials according to Bisgrove…

That’s 85m quid just from last season alone, even with any sort of “holes to gap” I can’t understand why we’re still apparently skint?

I might just be uneducated when it comes to how these things work mind you but happy to be corrected

The worst patter, honestly.

'Happy clapping' seems to translate as 'people who don't lose their shit about every single thing ever and would like to know more details'.

If this is accurate, what are the add ons? Do they benefit us more in the long run than demanding more now? Normal rational questions rather than going mental.
Fine saying that, but we need money now to buy players. We can't afford to wait two years to see if he hits any performance targets to then replace him

£6m plus add ons for Aribo is a joke ffs

Really pish deal

A £10m release clause was bad enough but if this is accurate it’s a terrible negotiation

Time for some big reality checks and lowering of expectations re budgets etc

This is not good news and £6m is utterly ridiculous for a guy with his talent

How the actual %^*& is that activating a £10m release clause? If the they don't pony up with £10m it's not activated and tell them to piss off, fuxake were being held to ransom by a Greek diddy club for tens of thousands and a cash rich EPL club are shafting us for millions.
Basically we are getting screwed from both sides of the spectrum and someone, if this is the case should be blootered for it as it's showing us up to be amateurish.

Aribo needs replaced now before the CL qualifiers (Hagi injured). I hope we've got someone lined up already.

Lowry won't be a long term possibility if he's not trusted to play very soon.

Barry Ferguson became a regular for us at 19 and IMHO that learning experience at a young age made him the player he was.
People strangely think our youth players will develop into first team starters by giving them limited game time.

Also some.of the same people about our youth set up not developing enough players.

Its almost like they dont have a clue about what we need to do to develop players.

They will be screaming about Bassey being worth £x with no ability to link that to Bassey being given the chance to develop through first team football.

Didn’t he also get the Patterson fee completely wrong?

Also seems to be hat-tipping Ornstein for the story - who specifically said £10m.
Ornstein said we won’t accept a total package below £10m. Depends what the addons are. £6m up front would be very disappointing though.

How the actual %^*& is that activating a £10m release clause? If the they don't pony up with £10m it's not activated and tell them to piss off, fuxake were being held to ransom by a Greek diddy club for tens of thousands and a cash rich EPL club are shafting us for millions.
Basically we are getting screwed from both sides of the spectrum and someone, if this is the case should be blootered for it as it's showing us up to be amateurish.
We've agreed a fee for Colak. The hold up is because they're waiting to find a replacement.

It's frustrating we're not getting market value for Aribo but we're hardly in the strongest negotiating position due to his contract situation.

Whether we like it or not we better get used to this sort of move for our better players.

The whole “why is he moving there?” / “It’s a backwards step” / “Will he get the same experiences?” Etc etc

Facts are our finances and what country we play in are going to hold us back in terms of keeping our best players when Premier League clubs come calling. People need to realise that or they’re going to be very disappointed for the foreseeable future.

Southampton finished 15th last season. The clubs around them are Everton, Leeds and Aston Villa. If any of those clubs come calling for our best players (Kent, Morelos, Bassey) then you better believe all three of them will be extremely interested.

More money, playing in a far superior league, against far superior players, in far superior stadiums, in a league that is watched by almost every country around the world.
Everyone is aware of that. It's crap fees compared to what another Glasgow club get that people are asking questions about.

What was the point in putting a 10m release clause into the final year of his contract if the chances of receiving it were low. Have they even activated the release cause with the deal offered? IF true 6m up front for Aribo who just scored in a European final and is a starter for Nigeria is a joke last year of contract or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back