The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would people rather we done then?

Accept 10m upfront end of deal.

Or

Accept 6m with the potential to get more than 10m.

As I'm extremely confident we'll be getting at least 10m from the Aribo deal.

It's not 6M for Aribo it's 6M upfront with the likelihood to be more.

I’m surprised Gerrard hasnt sanctioned to cut in on the deal if it’s only £6m we’re accepting!

We've agreed a fee for Colak. The hold up is because they're waiting to find a replacement.

It's frustrating we're not getting market value for Aribo but we're hardly in the strongest negotiating position due to his contract situation.
Devil is in detail. But if it isn't guaranteed 10 million as in 6 up front then instalments no matter what then we've done ourselves.If 10 was the release clause.

£6m plus add ons for Aribo is a joke ffs

Really pish deal

A £10m release clause was bad enough but if this is accurate it’s a terrible negotiation

Time for some big reality checks and lowering of expectations re budgets etc

This is not good news and £6m is utterly ridiculous for a guy with his talent
Don’t you dare be negative.

What would people rather we done then?

Accept 10m upfront end of deal.

Or

Accept 6m with the potential to get more than 10m.

As I'm extremely confident we'll be getting at least 10m from the Aribo deal.

You make sure you get the £10m upfront. The rest could never happen

Didn’t he also get the Patterson fee completely wrong?

Also seems to be hat-tipping Ornstein for the story - who specifically said £10m.

That’s true. I remember that now

Hope this is another case where Romano is wrong as £6m is pish for a player of Aribos quality

it'll be £6m up front rising to £10m which will meet the clause, why are people completely losing their shit, it's in a contract that it has to be £10m lol
I think these release clauses normally require the full amount up front in order to be activated. If they didn’t theres nothing to stop them offering £10 million over 20 years.
That’s not to say we wouldn’t accept a deal structured in a way that would guarantee 10 million

£6M ffs.

Thats an absolute joke.

This is exactly why we should never let our best players run contatcts down to 1 year or less.

The likes of Aribo, Morelos & Kent should have been made to sign a new deal 6 months - 1 year ago or have been sold last summer to maximise transfer fee.

We talk a good game regarding the player trading model.. we're just really shit at executing it.

£6m plus add ons for Aribo is a joke ffs

Really pish deal

A £10m release clause was bad enough but if this is accurate it’s a terrible negotiation

Time for some big reality checks and lowering of expectations re budgets etc

This is not good news and £6m is utterly ridiculous for a guy with his talent
FFS wait until we know the facts before spouting negative pish on here.

Never seen a thread as bad as this before.

Didn’t Romano claim the Patterson deal was only a few million? He isn’t the barometer of getting everything about deals right. If it’s £6m up front another few mil in adds plus a chunky sell on % then I am okay with it. Otherwise I’d want the full £10m.

Disappointed with 6 million (if true). Here’s hoping Gio gets the full amount and more to strengthen the 2 key areas because it’s not going to be done with 2-3 million.

You make sure you get the £10m upfront. The rest could never happen
We were never getting the 10m upfront, that's the thing with release clauses, hardly any clubs will offer it upfront.

Its better business to give Southampton him for 6m plus realistic add ons than to just accept 10m.

Didn’t Romano claim the Patterson deal was only a few million? He isn’t the barometer of getting everything about deals right. If it’s £6m up front another few mil in adds plus a chunky sell on % then I am okay with it. Otherwise I’d want the full £10m.
this is more than likely what it wil be, 6 rising to 10 with 10% sell or similar

Thats an absolute joke.

This is exactly why we should never let our best players run contatcts down to 1 year or less.

The likes of Aribo, Morelos & Kent should have been made to sign a new deal 6 months - 1 year ago or have been sold last summer to maximise transfer fee.

We talk a good game regarding the player trading model.. we're just really shit at executing it.

You tell Aribo get his ass to Portugal and Southampton it’s the clause or nothing.

See what unfolds then !

£6M ffs.

Thats an absolute joke.

Exactly its almost like we havent made multiples of what we paid for him.

Shit at it.

He will be. Think there’ll be a few in by the Blackpool game,

Will the replacement be of sufficient first team starting quality? That’s my worry
I doubt we'll get anyone as good as Aribo is now but the idea is to develop them over 3/4 years till they reach that level.

Aribo himself is a great example of that, his improvement has been clear to see.

We'll miss him in Europe.

He gets moves right but regularly gets fees wrong.

Ornstein is more reliable source for Premiership transfers

We were never getting the 10m upfront, that's the thing with release clauses, hardly any clubs will offer it upfront.

Its better business to give Southampton him for 6m plus realistic add ons than to just accept 10m.
I don’t doubt that. But we are still miles behind when it comes to getting value for our players, especially in last year of deals

Last summer proved that across the road. They’d have likely got nearly the full amount up front plus a sell on for someone in same position.

Didn’t he also get the Patterson fee completely wrong?

Also seems to be hat-tipping Ornstein for the story - who specifically said £10m.

£10m “total package” was what Ornstein said i.e. including add-ons. Which could quite conceivably mean £6m up front.

It’s a terrible deal, but that’s the risk you take when you have an incompetent DoF who is “relaxed” about letting key players continually run down their contracts.

Whats that, £4m profit on a young boy from Charlton who we’ve turned in to a mainstay international player, who has won trophys, reached a European final & scored in it?
If you believe the figure someone who regularly gets transfer fees wrong about then yes.

If you believe Ornstein who is regularly correct then we have structured a deal to meet his release clause with an upside for us.

But do have a melt down, its quite funny.

What was the point in putting a 10m release clause into the final year of his contract if the chances of receiving it were low. Have they even activated the release cause with the deal offered? IF true 6m up front for Aribo who just scored in a European final and is a starter for Nigeria is a joke last year of contract or not
The clause was added when he originally signed
we probably thought he might extend his contract at some point plus we would not have known how he would have developed
it was spoken about the other day on the daily update

If you believe the figure someone who regularly gets transfer fees wrong about then yes.

If you believe Ornstein who is regularly correct then we have structured a deal to meet his release clause with an upside for us.

But do have a melt down, its quite funny.
Ornstein said £10m “total package”, so it could easily be £6m upfront like Romano has said with add ons.

Shit at it.
Well that's one way to look at it.

The other way is letting another first team players contract run down leaving us with no room for negotiation and letting him leave for a relative pittance.

Shit at it.
Thats a daft way to look at it.. by your logic £3M would have also been good business as its a profit after all.

To sell him for £6M is criminal.

He has a £10M release clause.. and we've let an EPL side take him for almost half of that.

If Southampton really wanted Aribo then they would have paid the £10M if we played hard ball.

You don't expect us to pay the full fee up front for a replacement do you ?
No but how much of the £6m in funds will be released now, realistically? Lucky if its 50%.

Not going to make much difference for us in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back