The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romano on Facebook

"After Romeo Lavia deal completed, Southampton are closing on Joe Aribo deal. It's more than advanced with £10m fee to be agreed with Rangers very soon, player keen as The Athletic reported.
⚪️
1f534.png
#SaintsFC "

I dont have Facebook. Is that his official page?

I’m still confused. If the deal is now agreed, what extra cash is required?

You have two camps on the facts on the Colak deal - some reporting last week was suggesting the ‘deal had been agreed’ but the holdup was at PAOK’s end in terms of sourcing a replacement which is why he hadn’t yet signed for us.

Separately over the last 24 hours there’s been Greek journos on Twitter suggesting we have gone back with an improved offer which has accelerated things and Colak is now due with us for a medical etc.

Not vouching for the accuracy of either but that’s what has been reported.

He nearly gave me an aneurysm earlier with his initial stuff

Hence why people should wait until the actual details are released instead of acting like massive babies by instantly believing the first thing they've read.

I've no idea how you lot survive in daily life. You all genuinely believe everything on the Internet. Just because it's written doesn't mean its true.

I dont have Facebook. Is that his official page?
I don't have it either but unless someone is editing for great banter it looks like it would be his page and it states £10mil.

Some people's blood pressure must be a concern, particularly this early in the morning.

Mayo Yoshida moved to Schalke yesterday and posted that Romano knew about the move even though his wife didn’t, so he’s clearly got some good contacts.

I’ll wait to see what the club say, but I stand by a guaranteed £6m being a bit of a beamer for a £20m footballer that’s going for half price.

Surely to %^*& it’ll be £10m up front no questions asked.

Out of Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos…I think Aribo is the easiest replaced. I think we struggled to fit him in our team properly, he was more pushed RW which he didn’t have the engine for and lately as a ST. If fee is £10m (off of £250k paid for him) then I thank him for last 3 years and look forward to who we announce as a replacement

Mayo Yoshida moved to Schalke yesterday and posted that Romano knew about the move even though his wife didn’t, so he’s clearly got some good contacts.

I’ll wait to see what the club say, but I stand by a guaranteed £6m being a bit of a beamer for a £20m footballer that’s going for half price.

He has excellent contacts be he also has a few people in his 'team' who post info. It's not just him so certain info isn't accurate.

You’d think surely to %^*& other Premier league teams would try and hijack this transfer at the last minute by offering more than £6m plus add ons?

Out of Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos…I think Aribo is the easiest replaced. I think we struggled to fit him in our team properly, he was more pushed RW which he didn’t have the engine for and lately as a ST. If fee is £10m (off of £250k paid for him) then I thank him for last 3 years and look forward to who we announce as a replacement

he didn’t have an engine ?

really?

Yep, always the same posters. Funny that.

It's not always though. I'm all for the player trading model but for it to work you actually need to get decent deals on outgoings and this isn't a good deal even if it is 10m up front. We knew this was coming so could've done more last season to prevent it either by way of sale or, unlikely, a better contract.

He got the Paterson fee wrong and had to correct himself.

He has posted 2 different transfer fees for Aribo on Twitter and Facebook!

There's 2 just concerning Rangers. I don't think he's a bawbag though, I quite like him.
Yeah if it's just the fees he's getting wrong I am not bothered.

I'm more interested in his updates on what players clubs are going for

£6m upfront for Aribo :))

Wilson has some serious questions to answer over the rest of this window. An average window last summer (only remotely saved by Lundstram’s rise to form), a woeful January window, and a shambles of a start to the summer window.

No signings in the door for Gio to take to Portugal and seemingly praying yet again that we scrape through the CL qualifiers before improving the team.

We’re in for a long season if we don’t get our finger out in the coming weeks.

Wilson has some serious questions to answer over the rest of this window. An average window last summer (only remotely saved by Lundstram’s rise to form), a woeful January window, and a shambles of a start to the summer window.

No signings in the door for Gio to take to Portugal and seemingly praying yet again that we scrape through the CL qualifiers before improving the team.

In what way is it a shambles so far this window?

If you're living and breathing every minute of it on FF then maybe you'll end up feeling that way, but we haven't even seen what business we're going to do yet.

You hate a fucking moan you, eh?

I’m sure the details will be passed on to the fan media by the club at some point today.

I seem to remember Romano being corrected on the Patterson fee

My guess is that we maybe showed flexibility and accepted a bit less up front to get a percentage of next sale added but it will be £10m overall

The chances of Aribo moving for big money after Southampton are slim given his age.

I agree. Aribo is an excellent footballer but I think the other 3 are more important to the team. Hopefully the add ons ( if true ) include some sort of sell on because I think he’ll move again for big money. Was wondering if Stuart Armstrong could be part of this deal??

Nobody knows the fee so no point moaning.

Best of luck to Joe, he has earned his move and will make us money down the line too.

Onto us, Colak could be a vital one as he improves our options up top , is better than Itten and also gives Gio the chance to play two.

£6M upfront with the other 4 over the next couple of seasons was probably how this deal was always going to be structured.
Obviously the full fee upfront would have been great but nothing is upfront these days.
I believe we even had north of £10M of instalment fees outstanding last year (considering we hadn’t spent a bean for 12 months goes to prove this). Hopefully we have a sell on % too.

I expect signings now (we will likey pay in instalments too)!

If the rumoured “total package” of £6m plus £4m in add-ons also includes a sell on fee, then over the course of a few seasons that’s a better deal than £10m upfront and no sell on. His next move could be for £20m+!
Absolute tosh. No club / business would prefer the potential for add ons over cash up front.

Oh great, another of FFs resident idiots with utter nonsense he's posted a million times before.

Go get an actual life man, spending every waking hour on here, as you clearly do, is clearly doing you, and your very tiny brain, no good at all.

If it’s £6m plus add ons then it’s a joke.

Same fee Calvin Ramsay went for is it not?

Unless one of the add ons is a good sell on clause then it’s a shocker of a deal

If it is performance based add-ons then that is pretty stupid, as much as I think he will be a success, there is every chance he isn't.

Installments would mean we are guaranteed a reasonable fee and I'd be happy with that.

Hopefully this will release wages for new arrivals in line with these UEFA Financial Sustainability rules.

I really would hope that we can bring in players on lower fees or Bosman deals, as opposed to throwing large sums of money away on transfer fees.

If it’s £6m plus add ons then it’s a joke.

Same fee Calvin Ramsay went for is it not?

Unless one of the add ons is a good sell on clause then it’s a shocker of a deal

Ramsay was £4m + £2.5m add-ons

Quite a bit less than £6m + £4m add-ons (if that turns out to be the correct deal)

It's not always though. I'm all for the player trading model but for it to work you actually need to get decent deals on outgoings and this isn't a good deal even if it is 10m up front. We knew this was coming so could've done more last season to prevent it either by way of sale or, unlikely, a better contract.

Agreed he is worth more than £10mil in the context of other transfers and £6mil would be painful! There's too much we don't know around that though to make the jump of what we could have done.

Other posters have touched on it - this may have always been Aribo's plan - 3yr stint then to the PL and he put that release clause in to make this happen. That may have been a condition we were willing to give over other clubs that helped his decision to sign for us. That would mean he had no intention of ever signing a new deal- including last year- and he may have not been at the same value before our Euro run to sell.

Of course we could have just been caught out by it all! I'm hoping this is the first step to actually getting this model moving - we are showing a pathway to the PL and showing PL clubs that our players can hack it there.

On the face of that is an awful deal for us which strikes me as being ‘get a deal done early so we can re-invest’ rather than being ultimately the best deal the club could get overall. I’ve never really known a relatively low release clause given the form and ability of a player only being hit by add ons and yet the bid is accepted.

Player trading is a key pillar for the club and the real issue here is that Aribo has been allowed to get to a year left and his clause to kick in. We simply do not have a competently functioning footballing department - well not at first team level at least. This may be due to lack of funds being available but Gio deserves the chance to build a competitive squad given the run him and his squad took us on last season.

A huge month for Ross Wilson and team. Are they up to it? Signs aren’t good.

Some of the mental gymnastics on the thread since last night by the blue sky loyal are ridiculous if unsurprising. If you’d have said to any of us at the end of May Aribo had a £10m release clause but we’d only receive £6m up front everyone would have said ‘%^*& off with that’. It’s an awful price for a player like Aribo.

In what way is it a shambles so far this window?

If you're living and breathing every minute of it on FF then maybe you'll end up feeling that way, but we haven't even seen what business we're going to do yet.
We’re now in Portugal for our pre season camp, a little over 3 weeks before the league campaign starts, which is swiftly followed by the CL qualifiers and we’ve completed no business.

The one deal we do look like completing (Colak) isn’t addressing the issues in the squad (nor is it very exciting).

Call it slow if you want, I think it’s a shambles of a start personally, following on from the past two (which as mentioned in initial post were only partially saved by Lundstram).

We’re now in Portugal for our pre season camp, a little over 3 weeks before the league campaign starts, which is swiftly followed by the CL qualifiers and we’ve completed no business.

The one deal we do look like completing (Colak) isn’t addressing the issues in the squad (nor is it very exciting).

Call it slow if you want, I think it’s a shambles of a start personally, following on from the past two (which as mentioned in initial post were only partially saved by Lundstram).
How is it not addressing issues in the squad? A lack of strikers cost us a European cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back