The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a point on Bassey…he’ll be gutted if he’s leaving. I’m not 100% sure he wants to leave. He certainly hasn’t been asking for it anyway. He genuinely loves it at our club.
He doesn’t have to leave. If Ajax are in for him then he wants to go there, no two ways about it.

Selling him and Aribo could be a gamble for title aspirations.

I keep reading loss of form. I believe Bassey will continue to improve.

The injury part is true I guess.

Realistically we couldn't turn down the money for Aribo given his contract situation and the fact he said he wanted to move, and at the sums being spoken of the same applies to Bassey, we just need to get it right with whoever else we bring in.

We could end up stronger overall.

Having grown up like yourself in an era when we wanted to tear the walls down when top players were getting sold it's hard to get used to

Come back to me in a few weeks with that bookmark. If Tymon is holding a rangers jersey I'll delete my account
Goodbye B-)
AE2-D4-CD6-B4-C1-4815-9822-00589-EE8072-C.jpg

Judging by the pathetic amount we got for Aribo I can see us selling Bassey for £15M maximum.

Still can't believe we only got £6M up front.
Look what Liverpool got for mane he was worth at least double what Bayern paid.

Once you start to enter last year you are hampered as to what you can demand.

Before you get excited and reply by saying we should have extended his deal, it’s hard to do it the player doesn’t want to.

Before you reply to that with we should have sold him last year then, you need a team to actually make a bid for that to happen

Just a point on Bassey…he’ll be gutted if he’s leaving. I’m not 100% sure he wants to leave. He certainly hasn’t been asking for it anyway. He genuinely loves it at our club.
thats what i think - and i genuinely think he will turn down Ajax.

I get the financials but first and foremost I want to be entertained at matches.

Winning helps in this regard but so does seeing young players progress and players who get you on your feet.

Losing Aribo and Bassey would be a major disappointment for me.

IMO football should always be more about the heart than head.

I'm having a discussion. I said Tymon is not gonna be the signing if we are looking at an attacking left back in the 3-5m range. Barisic is better than him ffs
cool

i was commenting on your 'ban me' if i'm wrong

:)

Say we get £25m for Bassey. What sort of fee are people expecting us for fork out for his replacement ? I'll be shocked if it's over £4m.

If folk are expecting us to be spunking 7 or 8 million on players they're about to be severely disappointed.
5m tops I think our roof will be 7m max for an front 3 player.

Close to £50m into the club from 3 players that cost around £0.5m

That’s beyond how we would envisage “the model” working

It’s really painful to see top players go but needs must, now the club need to reinvest in a few and do it all over again, it’s where we are and at last we are seeing it at work

Close to £50m into the club from 3 players that cost around £0.5m

That’s beyond how we would envisage “the model” working

It’s really painful to see top players go but needs must, now the club need to reinvest in a few and do it all over again, it’s where we are and at last we are seeing it at work
what you on about £50m

Why is their manager phoning Bassey without a deal being reached by the clubs?
Every time a transfer is discussed this is brought up mate. We don’t like it necessarily, but almost every deal whether it be for a player or manager, will be done and agreed in principle before any official approach is made. It’s the way of the football world, and it’s not a new thing

It is a reality. They can earn a bigger signing on fee and higher wages than they could were a transfer fee involved. That's not rocket science.
players sometimes get small cuts of transfer fees

The notion that every player is better off running their contract down is nonsense

Players can often double their wage with a move rather than waiting several years on the same salary just to move on a free transfer.

You seem obsessed by a "transfer model".
Rangers Football Club is about winning on the park, always has been, always will be. If we make a few quid along the way, we'll and good, but stfu about transfer models ....please!!
It’s how we improve our team.

£20m sale, £14m on two players and £6m to the club. Rinse and repeat and your club gets stronger not weaker.

The team becomes stronger when the sum of its parts are stronger, not individuals.

Everyone here who supports Rangers wants us to be the best we can be. Not everyone is prepared to accept what that looks like though.

Every time a transfer is discussed this is brought up mate. We don’t like it necessarily, but almost every deal whether it be for a player or manager, will be done and agreed in principle before any official approach is made. It’s the way of the football world, and it’s not a new thing
Think Jock Wallace would have something to say about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back