The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youve got to love those posts eh?

My favorite was the one earlier where the boy said we should publicly call a team out and tell them to GTF if the put in a low offer!

Menalists B-D

I’m amazed that Marca aren’t regularly getting quotes from Reals owner in giant font with “Nosotros dijimos joder” (we said fûck off according to Google) every time someone comes in with an offer €100 less than they wanted.

It‘s clearly how business is done!

Last edited:
When you think about some of the claims here of £30M for Bassey are incredible.

He’s played 37 senior games in his career so far and 9 internationals.

Anything above £20M would be amazing
Put it this way.

Amad Diallo literally played about 60mins of senior football before Man Utd signed him for a €40m package.

Some very interesting comments on here as always.

At the end of the day, the price that Calvin Bassey is sold for will have absolutely nothing to do with what Tierney or anyone else went for.

The buyer will have a price they want to pay, Rangers will have a price they want to sell at. Bassey will most likely leave at a price somewhere in the middle.

If that happens to be £18m, £20m or any sort of figure in that region, it's still incredible business for the club. If it's more, then brilliant. I couldn't really care less about record fees though.

This is it, and inwish I'd been able to put this as succinctly as you have.

I couldn't care less if Bassey's fee is £18m+ add-ons or the much desired £25m+ add-ons, our fans seem to have an expectation that the club will purposely devalue a player.

Our support are obsessed with benchmarking our business against Celtic & other deals.

Any disappointment with previous sales is based upon some fans having highly unrealistic expectations on fees relative to contracts & interested clubs.

When you think about some of the claims here of £30M for Bassey are incredible.

He’s played 37 senior games in his career so far and 9 internationals.

Anything above £20M would be amazing
He’s played 50 games for us & his internationals.

Also, 16 year olds who’ve played little senior games have gone for €40m.

He’s not really an unknown quantity, there is an ample sample size to make a judgement on bassey

For me, when we sell Bassey, we are making a statement. He is our most valuable asset currently. If we sell ourselves short, we are laying a poor marker for future player sales.

I dont believe for a single second Wilson wont get the money hes looking for, for him.

For me, when we sell Bassey, we are making a statement. He is our most valuable asset currently, if we sell ourselves short, we are laying a poor marker for future player sales.

I dont believe for a single second Wilson wont get the money hes looking for, for him.
Every news report is hinting at £20 million or thereabouts minimum. What do you think we'll get and how much do you think we should get?

Every news report is hinting at £20 million or thereabouts minimum. What do you think we'll get and how much do you think we should get?

What you gibbering about? I said i have confidence in Wilson getting his asking price. I expect that to be in the £20M+ region he leaked to the papers at the end of the season. My post was regarding the fears people are posting that he will short-change us

Unconscionable is hyperbole.

If no one comes in at £25m and 1p, as many here seem to have a huge focus on getting more than teirney, and next season we’re complaining when there’s only £8m on the table because it’s his last season. That’s an awful outcome to this opportunity.

You’ve arbitrarily picked two figures, and then even set a hurdle that should be easily acheived despite it being £5m more than ever achieved in this country.

Does no-one else think it’s strange that we never actually seem to get the figures offered that we set as standards?

On the assumption many people believe this is down to our board or Wilson, does that mean that everyone’s has always been incompetent at Rangers? or it’s just the world doesn’t actually believe the figures we demand are accurate?
You couldn’t be more wrong. Unconscionable might be hyperbole to you, but it is not to me.

Tierney’s sale set the market value for a young, talented left back. I believe Bassey is a better left back than Tierney on current form, and has the potential to be an elite level player in the future. I value him at least to the market price (£25M, which isn’t even adjusted for three seasons of ‘transfer inflation’), or, at most, to a 20% higher price, given he’s a 20% better player than Tierney.

What happens if he stays and what his value would be next summer is a different question. Who knows what success we might have on the field this season. Bassey could be key in that.

I actually think the Patterson deal shows we are beginning to get the fees we expect for our best players. I want a diamond hands policy enacted until our price is met.

You couldn’t be more wrong. Unconscionable might be hyperbole to you, but it is not to me.

Tierney’s sale set the market value for a young, talented left back. I believe Bassey is a better left back than Tierney on current form, and has the potential to be an elite level player in the future. I value him at least to the market price (£25M, which isn’t even adjusted for three seasons of ‘transfer inflation’), or, at most, to a 20% higher price, given he’s a 20% better player than Tierney.

What happens if he stays and what his value would be next summer is a different question. Who knows what success we might have on the field this season. Bassey could be key in that.

I actually think the Patterson deal shows we are beginning to get the fees we expect for our best players. I want a diamond hands policy enacted until our price is met.

I agree with the theory here, but the top line isnt necessarily the most important factor.

If we got £20M, plus add-ons, plus a sell on percentage. The overall package is maybe more enticing to the club than, say, a £25M single payment to the club.

I'm sure people said the same thing about Bassey at left back. How about letting younger players develop over time?
This is my thoughts also he has been brought in to be developed similar to Bassey and Aribo he’s now had time to settle in so this season is all about securing a starting place in the team and hopefully he gets a good chance to claim his place starting today

What you gibbering about? I said i have confidence in Wilson getting his asking price. I expect that to be in the £20M+ region he leaked to the papers at the end of the season. My post was regarding the fears people are posting that he will short-change us
If we sell ourselves short, we're laying a marker for future sales had all the hallmarks of the typically negative posts you get on here.

With bassey supposedly happy at Rangers and willing to stay it seems obvious.

£25M, if no offers come in at that price, then we extend Bassey's contract by a year or 2 and give him a better wage.
He may be happy to stay at rangers for now but who says he wants to extend, and if we value him at 25 million he will want salary to go with that value

If we sell ourselves short, we're laying a marker for future sales had all the hallmarks of the typically negative posts you get on here.

Fair enough mate, was an attempt to explain Wilsons mind set and why i had confidence in him. This is a guy that sold Patterson - a guy who had no chance of starting for us imminently - for a potential £16M. Sold Aribo for potentially more than his sell on clause, and sold Itten for most of our money back, despite him having no chance with us.

Ive got a couple of criticisms of Wilson, but i definitely trust him getting good value on our player sales

And what people are not getting is that Bassey has improved significantly in such a short period, so his potential may be much much higher than people realise and within a better squad of players in a more competitive league his true worth/value could be 3 times the price currently being discussed.

Simple message is stop undervaluing our euro finalist/international players!!!

Assuming Bassey goes I still think there will be a lot more incomings and outgoings.

We need a starting left back and also a good quality centre back. I also think we should use some of the money to address the goalkeeping position long term

We probably need to move on 7 or 8 players that are not going to be near the starting 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back