Sligo v Motherwell pt 2

A team/club built to shithouse their way to a draw being ultra defensive. Clueless in a game they have to try and actually win. It’s fucking embarrassing
Absolutely correct ! They know nothing about going forward…and clearly can’t defend either…did someone say 10/1 ? I’m having a bit of that. The other spfl teams won’t fare much better.

Exactly this. The Conference League is a lifeline to the bigger nations and a disaster for Scotland’s coefficient. A lot of people, even on here, didn’t realise that but I would be very surprised if they don’t by the end of the year.

Some people seem to be operating under the assumption that Hearts could do well in the conference league. One look at their new signings points to a harrowing run of games for them. Not a single ball playing player bought. Just more of the same shite that they always end up buying.

That result is a shocker. I said before on another thread that Scottish teams don’t have the mentality or professionalism for European football.

One thing to note though is the general trend throughout Europe so far. The teams half way through their season are having the better results. It does seem like an unfair advantage and we’ve fallen victim to it on afew occasions.

Should we be starting our season earlier in Scotland?
100% agree with everything in this post.

It's time for the clubs to realise the rot is set in the SFA and SPFL who do precisely nothing to move the game forward. Wholesale change to the utter buffoons in charge is needed.

We must restructure the leagues, 2 top divisions of 18 professional full time clubs in these leagues and allow teams to start to play football properly.

Starting the season earlier would be fine except for when one of the clubs makes the latter stages of the EL/CL, depending how early. I know it is unlikely but we could have been seriously hampered if we finished in March or April and trying to stay match fit until late in May last season.

The compromise would be a proper winter shutdown. Start a full month earlier, have all of December off and split the season in 2.

Start the season when though? If we went to summer football and made the knockout phase we would be going 2-3 months with no football before playing the knockout stage. That hinders us and dare I say the tims if they ever get their finger out and do something in Europe.

Motherwell only have themselves to blame for going out they prepared for that round of Europe with 1 bounce game and 1 pre-season friendly going.
Clearly unprepared, there is no excuse for that, that’s either lazy or arrogant, either way they paid the price. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Exactly this. The Conference League is a lifeline to the bigger nations and a disaster for Scotland’s coefficient. A lot of people, even on here, didn’t realise that but I would be very surprised if they don’t by the end of the year.
I'm not sure why clubs from bigger nations are let in it's not like they need the money.

The Conference League is a chance to spread the money to clubs around Europe.

The likes of Spurs, Leicester, Roma being in it is ridiculous.

Had a wee look at their forums.

Alexander is contracted to 2025 and looking at the best part of £500k to bin him and his back room team.

Wouldn’t be putting any cask on him leaving soon.
When this clown was appointed it was all accolades from the media about a revolutionary and far sighted appointment. So much for that idea.

Some people seem to be operating under the assumption that Hearts could do well in the conference league. One look at their new signings points to a harrowing run of games for them. Not a single ball playing player bought. Just more of the same shite that they always end up buying.
For some bizarre resson there seems to be a persistent perception the conference is a Mickey Mouse competition. It is very far from that.
If Rangers were to win it then it would be a massive achievement

Couldn’t give a **** about the co efficient.

Scenes when Rangers fans want this shower of shite from the republic to win.
Me. I’d rather we didn’t need to play multiple qualifiers to get group stage football

I sincerely hope Dundee Utd pull off a miracle and can get through their tie. I’m also hoping hearts drop down to conference as there’s more chance they’ll pick up Coefficient points

Me. I’d rather we didn’t need to play multiple qualifiers to get group stage football

I sincerely hope Dundee Utd pull off a miracle and can get through their tie. I’m also hoping hearts drop down to conference as there’s more chance they’ll pick up Coefficient points

AZ will absolutely murder Dundee United home and away, as you say them progressing would be a miracle.

Hearts are destined for the conference definitely which isn't so bad.

It all comes back to refereeing.

Scotland is living in a past when you could, 'put him up in the air', 'let him know you're there', all that dinosaur guff, and our refs let them do it as the only way they can drag us down to their level.

Their game is redundant outside of Scotland and they have no other tactics to offer.

:)) :))
yheDEEy.jpg
That cracks me up! We hate potatoes B-)B-DB-)B-D

For some bizarre resson there seems to be a persistent perception the conference is a Mickey Mouse competition. It is very far from that.

You only need to look at the knockout stages last season to see it was stacked with teams that would have given us a tough game. The final was contested by Roma and Feyenoord ffs.

Guess they lost again?
Up to us to boost the coefficient points again.
These Diddy teams in Conference league an CL groups are making it harder for us.
Fxxxing wankers.

100% agree with everything in this post.

It's time for the clubs to realise the rot is set in the SFA and SPFL who do precisely nothing to move the game forward. Wholesale change to the utter buffoons in charge is needed.

We must restructure the leagues, 2 top divisions of 18 professional full time clubs in these leagues and allow teams to start to play football properly.

Starting the season earlier would be fine except for when one of the clubs makes the latter stages of the EL/CL, depending how early. I know it is unlikely but we could have been seriously hampered if we finished in March or April and trying to stay match fit until late in May last season.

The compromise would be a proper winter shutdown. Start a full month earlier, have all of December off and split the season in 2.
There’s no need for this dramatic shut down, it’s purely down to our management.

As long as Rangers don’t win then all is good, and as long as that’s the goal then nothing will change.

It’s not paranoia- it’s fact, Livingston will play like they are in europe final on Saturday and then revert to shite the following week.

Will somebody please think of Tubby Cowan.
The fat tit will be on his shitty Off The Ball programme on Saturday chuckling and giggling, making light of it before telling everyone that he's drooling at the thought of playing St Mirren on Sunday

F@ck him

They absolutely fluked their way into the top six last season with that last minute goal v Livi. Thought Ross County deserved Europe more than them. Was always going to end in disaster I think.
We might end up getting 2 ends plus half the main stand, surely no fan will want to go back!

I think it's just the CL and Europa cup overshadow it and make it look bad.

Scottish football is abysmal. Can the smaller teams ever improve in Europe
If they had more funding from a better TV deal then the whole league would improve, but Doncaster can't seem to get a better value per season deal with 2 clubs the size of Rangers and them to even rival far better deals that giants of the game such as Norway, Greece, Poland, Sweden, Denmark and Austria have. None of whom have clubs the size of ours.

Should be a red flag to the whole game up here but bar us no one seems interested.

Who are they expecting to come in?

They are utterly potless, and have a team of cunts that would be better off playing shinty.

honking scottish football mentality - GIT INTAE THUM EARLY / HALF CUNTS / PUT YER HEED OAN IT / GET THE BAW TAE FUCKKKK!

Fucķ Motherwell and their scum cuńt fans.
Scum club with scum fans especially tam Cowan.

If they had more funding from a better TV deal then the whole league would improve, but Doncaster can't seem to get a better value per season deal with 2 clubs the size of Rangers and them to even rival far better deals that giants of the game such as Norway, Greece, Poland, Sweden, Denmark and Austria have. None of whom have clubs the size of ours.

Should be a red flag to the whole game up here but bar us no one seems interested.
Nothing will change hoof ball kick players no tactics 1970s stuff only way to try get less negative games imo is to increase the top league to 18 teams with less chance of relegation for these lump ball sides.

Ambition and foresight. Like perhaps not bringing in a useless prick that’s just been sacked by Salford City?
Football is the only industry where you can get sacked and with that on your CV, someone comes along and offers you a job (probably with more money) to continue your lack of ability at their club.
What makes them think that you are the man for the job and that you will become good and successful, at their club.
There are too many examples to list.

Knocked out of Europe before they even set foot on the continent. That sounds like something the mentally challengeds would do.

Pretty much the reason I’m really wanting other Scottish teams to do well in Europe. Shouldn’t of bothered.

There’s no need for this dramatic shut down, it’s purely down to our management.

As long as Rangers don’t win then all is good, and as long as that’s the goal then nothing will change.

It’s not paranoia- it’s fact, Livingston will play like they are in europe final on Saturday and then revert to shite the following week.
You don't think the season should start a bit earlier to give us (and our coefficient destroying counterparts) more of a chance of qualifying for group stages/winning coefficient points?

Back