Dundee United v AZ Alkmaar-Live on BBC Scotland

And we still can’t compete with them financially

Them getting a free pass to the CL on our Labour is bad enough. If we don’t join them it’s catastrophic.

They will be out of Europe on their arses after 6 games. Us? If it’s Europa league again….you could be talking 12-14 games. We end up playing twice as many games in Europe.

So great, we enjoy those Thursday midweeks after Christmas. Meanwhile they edge ever further ahead at the weekend.

We have been playing catch up for a decade. Only us being in the champions league can get us on a level footing
Tell you what, i dont think supporting Rangers is for you. Take up something else. You obviously get no pleasure from it. Its not doing you any good.

Exactly....bookies...tempting. Great result for them tonight but cannot see them 3rd at all. Hearts won't struggle for long after they get turfed out and have free Thursday nights.
Hearts are guaranteed group stage football

There is every chance that in four games against us, Borna will certainly give him at least one opportunity to do that by standing off!
Probably not. FFs. Dont think Borna will be playing that many games against them from now on. This negativity is now obviously the hive mind set on FF since the other night and to be truthful its beyond tiresome.

Bad day when Dundee Utd beat a better team than the one who pumped us on Tuesday. Grim.

We constantly complain on FF that no one adds to the co-efficient and they should step it up...and then tonight we are downplaying it because one team has. What an odd bunch we are :)
Will be a drop in the ocean if they don't make it through, which the probably won't

Last edited:

Them getting a free pass to the CL on our Labour is bad enough. If we don’t join them it’s catastrophic.

They will be out of Europe on their arses after 6 games. Us? If it’s Europa league again….you could be talking 12-14 games. We end up playing twice as many games in Europe.

So great, we enjoy those Thursday midweeks after Christmas. Meanwhile they edge ever further ahead at the weekend.

We have been playing catch up for a decade. Only us being in the champions league can get us on a level footing
How can we not compete financially?

We’ve spent £5m on a left back, £4m on a centre half, £3m on Matondo and £2m on Colak.

We’ve offered competitive contracts to Lawrence and Souttar when they had offers in England, and retained Goldson.

Both squads are pretty similar in terms of expenditure and quality. This is their first year of CL money in 5 seasons. I agree we could use the CL money, but to suggest we can’t compete with Celtic without the money isn’t true.

Do I dislike Dundee Utd? Yes
Should their fans be ashamed of only attending big games? Yes
Was their result tonght good? Yes
Does it help the coefficient? Yes
I'm I allowed to appreciate a good performance and still be staunch? Yes
They were the last Scottish club to reach the European Cup semi final. Fact.
We can blether about groups etc all we like but that's a fkn fact.
Respect from me to that club . Sorry

Anyone wishing them well just have a think about the hatred that club have for us. From tickets, to voting us out of the league and all the other snide comments from their chairman and board.

One decent result isn’t going to move the dial on the coefficient. Screw them. I hope they get pumped in the return leg.

Well done to them it’s a good result.

Maybe it’s just me though, but I think a top 3-5 team in Scotland should be able to compete with a top 4-6 team in Holland

Good result & a decent performance albeit AZ were quite disappointing on the night and…where did all these fans come from?!?!?

Good result & a decent performance albeit AZ were quite disappointing on the night and…where did all these fans come from?!?!?
Funny how they all complain about buses leaving their local towns and villages to go to either side of Glasgow, and claim that is why their stadiums are empty.
But when something like this comes around they sell out/near.

Seen a picture of the "amazing scenes" of fans queueing up for away tickets to go on sale tomorrow.
Surely they've had a sale already, and this is just bandwagoners after a good result?

Its not as bad as your making out though is it.

Am I correct in saying they have spent £18m this season with no incoming fees?

While we are up £20m?

Fag packet maths would say that the £30m CL money they get sits them at around +£10m

While any decent Euro run could see our finances at +£30m(or more) for the season.

Yeah, not that catastrophic is it?

I can’t stand Dundee Utd and yet somewhat inexplicably I still want them to go through as I do any Scottish Club.

Still a mountain to climb I suspect given the large gap in quality all over the pitch but it’s a sensational result taken as is.

Folk on here wanting Dundee Utd to do well. That’s up there with the Kyogo wankfest that was going on as the most sickening thing I’ve read on here.

I personally hope they get absolutely massacred next week.

Dundee Utd doing well axiomatically assists us.

Ergo, shut it.

Just saw the result and the goal.
Never saw that coming, still a bunch of chunts.

For all those raving about Middleton's performance, yes he played well and I wish him no ill will but surely all that emphasises is how different it is looking good for a Scottish provincial side to performing to a consistent high standard for Rangers? I have no doubt he will do well for Utd - as will some of their other players - but that in no way suggests they could cope with playing for us.

They were the last Scottish club to reach the European Cup semi final. Fact.
We can blether about groups etc all we like but that's a fkn fact.
Respect from me to that club . Sorry

Just to put in into context, they played Hamrun Spartans, Standard Liege and Rapid Vienna to get to that semi final of a knockout cup.

Rangers have had harder qualifying phases than that.

Fck them and they’re honking support l hope they get skelped in the next game,don’t ever forget how much these cnuts hate us and our club

Same as every other club, they've got fans who only turn out for big games.

We all know fans turn out for big games.

The point with diddy teams like dundee United is that their core support is so small that the "big game mentality" increases attendance by many times over.

Wee team with bitter fans. %^*& them.

Great result tonight though.

Let's not forget that AZ lost to Celtic in Europe last year so they must be absolutely stinking. One of very few teams not to absolutely rattle them.

I can’t stand Dundee Utd and yet somewhat inexplicably I still want them to go through as I do any Scottish Club.

Still a mountain to climb I suspect given the large gap in quality all over the pitch but it’s a sensational result taken as is.
Do you think any dundee scum fans are wanting us to go through next week , just think about that for a minute as they are a despicable club with despicable supporters

Do you think any dundee scum fans are wanting us to go through next week , just think about that for a minute as they are a despicable club with despicable supporters

It's a bit different though no? We are in Europe year on year. These diddy teams doing well literally helps us out. Them doing badly literally hinders us.

They get in Europe once every 15 years.

Not quite as busy as it looked on the telly :cool:
Wee Liam had it down as a sellout.

9-F5401-CD-61-D7-49-EE-AB62-CDC08-B13-E3-BC.jpg

Reactions: VGM
Not being a scumbag myself I find it impossible to understand that mindset and gladly so.

Ultimately it would help any club to progress and in turn the League as far as being more competitive goes

Back