Dundee United v AZ Alkmaar-Live on BBC Scotland

I understand that FF is a broad church, however, I remember those cvnts votings us down and would happily see us go out of business.

I remember us not sending a support to Tannadice.

Many on here do too.

I won't ever forgive, nor forget.

I don’t think anyone is jumping for joy at Dundee United winning.

Just normal football supporters giving credit where it’s due to a good win for a team in Europe.

We could actually be doing with everyone, bar that lot, doing a bit better in Europe anyway.

Theres a perception that rangers fans stopped going because we weren’t winning and while there may be some truth in it the facts are that everybody’s attendances dropped dramatically at least 15-35% across the board between 1977 until the mid 80s. Including Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee United, despite their success the crowds were still down overall.

I presume the dire state of the country took the many a working man away from the football for a time
The country isn't exactly flowing in money at the moment. And let's be honest, our crowds went from very poor in 85 to through the roof in 86 when Souness appeared.

The country isn't exactly flowing in money at the moment. And let's be honest, our crowds went from very poor in 85 to through the roof in 86 when Souness appeared.
They didn’t turn up long before the recent economic downturn

I don't really care wether they go through or not , I despise them as a club and fan base. I generally just watch other Scottish sides when we aren't playing , usually just to see if they have any players worth stealing for peanuts or on a free in a season or twos time.
Levitt was very good tonight and has impressed me a few times seeing him,but I'm not sure he's any better than some of our own young players that can't get in the team.
Who's to say Charlie McCann for example wouldn't put in a similar performance in midfield if given the chance .
Still Levitt is one worth keeping an eye on though.

Can't stand them as a club but they're 18/1 with skybet to win the league without the old firm. Given that hearts will likely struggle to cope with playing Thursday, Sunday - that's a tempting price.
Exactly....bookies...tempting. Great result for them tonight but cannot see them 3rd at all. Hearts won't struggle for long after they get turfed out and have free Thursday nights.

Why are we on that fuckin useless premier sports and dundee hibs on the bbc ? Coin ?? Can’t be any other reason - at least with the bbc , ye get to see the whole match live n not just 75 mins and try to guess what happened next

Why are we on that fuckin useless premier sports and dundee hibs on the bbc ? Coin ?? Can’t be any other reason - at least with the bbc , ye get to see the whole match live n not just 75 mins and try to guess what happened next
We were on BBC last season, to be fair.

Just whoever bids for the rights.

I understand that FF is a broad church, however, I remember those cvnts votings us down and would happily see us go out of business.

I remember us not sending a support to Tannadice.

Many on here do too.

I won't ever forgive, nor forget.
I support them in europe up to a point, the less qualifiers we need to play the better

I’d rather not go back to the days of having to play 3 or 4 qualifying rounds to get into group stages

More £ into Scottish football the better in my eyes. 2007/08 was a great year for Scottish football having 3 teams in euro football after group stages and then us obviously getting to the final

m
I’m inclined to agree with you.

Middleton has shown enough to be considered a very decent player.

Matondo…I got slaughtered for this this other night. But he just reminded me of Brandon barker. Slight, weak, out muscled, bullied, ineffectual.

The jury is out
hes played one game for %^*& sake.

Just normal football supporters giving credit where it’s due to a good win for a team in Europe.

We could actually be doing with everyone, bar that lot, doing a bit better in Europe anyway.
Gives either side an advantage domestically if they drop out of euro competition, for that reason alone the ideal scenario is they drop to conference or europa and get to the last 16

Realistically I’d love them to get skudded but having them solely focused on domestic football gives them an unbelievable advantage

Good result. Fletcher played his position brilliantly and I can see him giving Goldson problems. Still think they will loose by two or three next week.

No fan of them. Thomson jnr when in charge was certainly no friend of ours. However we move on. The coefficient helps everyone. If they make a few Bob in a group stage and the level of Scottish football gets better then fine with me. After all “we welcome the chase”!

Gives either side an advantage domestically if they drop out of euro competition, for that reason alone the ideal scenario is they drop to conference or europa and get to the last 16
Aye, another reason it’s a nuisance they are in the CL is they will be playing before us (as it stands) and I don’t like playing catch up.

Realistically I’d love them to get skudded but having them solely focused on domestic football gives them an unbelievable advantage
As last season proved.

2 weeks in staunch gulag for that kind of talk. You're a bawhair away from actually funding the ira.

As last season proved.
Yeah, sickening.

As funny as Bodo defeat was, I really wanted them to get to last 16/8 as another 2/4 fixtures would’ve seriously affected them at the time

Instead they were able to play 1 game a week for weeks, whilst we were travelling to Germany/Serbia/Portugal

Similar thing in 2008 with the Manchester run. People never consider the bigger picture

Great result for the junior scum. Got a coefficient point before their exit, so credit due.

No fan of them. Thomson jnr when in charge was certainly no friend of ours. However we move on. The coefficient helps everyone. If they make a few Bob in a group stage and the level of Scottish football gets better then fine with me. After all “we welcome the chase”!
I hate every other team which is how it should be, but apart from celtic, i really wouldn't mind Scottish teams doing well in Europe.

Our league is piss poor but if we can strengthen our Premiership then it gives us more competition, which in turn improves us.

If anyone is truely happy winning a rotten league then they're probably the type of person who celebrates beating a 6 year old at armwrestling B-)

Hate them, but credit where it is due - grudgingly - that is a tidy result. Hope they get spanked in return.

Good result tonight. Still expect AZ to come back in the second leg and score three or four but at least it's not the shambolic disaster of last week or the horrendous results from the past few seasons.

Naw, naw ye need tae pyooor hate every lady's front bottom says FF!

As last season proved.
We threw away our lead in the league between January and the first leg against Dortmund - which was our first European match in 2 months, and they were still in European competition. Europe wasn’t the reason we lost the league last year.

Yes possibly but we have done remarkably well to boost our own finances, nearly £45 million in player sales,tens of millions from our European runs aswell.

And we still can’t compete with them financially

Them getting a free pass to the CL on our Labour is bad enough. If we don’t join them it’s catastrophic.

They will be out of Europe on their arses after 6 games. Us? If it’s Europa league again….you could be talking 12-14 games. We end up playing twice as many games in Europe.

So great, we enjoy those Thursday midweeks after Christmas. Meanwhile they edge ever further ahead at the weekend.

We have been playing catch up for a decade. Only us being in the champions league can get us on a level footing

I said this a few days ago, if we did an Aberdeen and totally flopped to obscurity, Ibrox would be half empty/half full.
Saw it at the end of Ally’s tenure for example.

I support them in europe up to a point, the less qualifiers we need to play the better

I’d rather not go back to the days of having to play 3 or 4 qualifying rounds to get into group stages

More £ into Scottish football the better in my eyes. 2007/08 was a great year for Scottish football having 3 teams in euro football after group stages and then us obviously getting to the final
That should be the right attitude. Personally I find it very difficult to have any other feelings other than hatred for the lot of them. The state of Scottish football is purely down to the hatred of its biggest club but I really hope we can get back to the at least 80s when we at least were respected as a league. It’s the only hope we have unfortunately

The Old Firm games didn't even sell out then. My lowest ever Rangers crowds were during the early 80s but I still enjoyed it.
Your right mate ,always got tickets for old firm games no problem.
And I'm the same ,loved going in those days as a youngster and the stadium looked space age when it was just built .

When's their dvd out?

Cunts.

Reminds me of Scotland vs Netherlands playoff when mcfadden scored at hampden.

Second leg was 6-0. Expect similar

Reactions: G33
Rangers have always been the best supported club in Scotland. Yes the early eighties in particular we struggled to even get 25000. I remember it well. However, it was the catalyst for what followed. The support was always there I have argued with fans of other clubs (Newcastle for example), that not turning up is the only way to bring change. We as a support are actually very clever tbf. No sharks were harmed in the early eighties and things changed. The fact that all season tickets have been sold in these times is unbelievable really.

Back