Dundee United v AZ Alkmaar-Live on BBC Scotland

Know what, you're right mate.

Rangers were absolutely fantastic on Tuesday night there, what a performance. Better?
Not cuunt said that smart arse, you revel in Rangers getting beat though. You are a sad twat indeed.

Watching the highlights AZ shouldve taken the lead earlier in the game and had they done so itd be a very different result.

Dundee Utd dont score many goals and you imagine itll take High Level Bus Parking from them to see it over the line with a 1 goal lead.

On the assumption they do go through itll be the best non-Rangers result a Scottish Team has produced in a long time.

Not quite as busy as it looked on the telly :cool:
Wee Liam had it down as a sellout.

9-F5401-CD-61-D7-49-EE-AB62-CDC08-B13-E3-BC.jpg
It really was a seel out mate, as in the club had sold every ticket they were allowed to. The Police insisted on sterile areas around the 100 or so AZ fans that you can see in the top deck there. I was talking to a United fan last night.

Great result for them, hope they finish the job off over there but doubt it.

The more Scottish clubs doing better, then we won't have to deal with these horrendous CL qualifying games,

Many thanks to the fair minded posters for your comments. For those of you who hate United there is nothing I can say to change your views. FWIW I hope Rangers have another successful season in Europe for the same reasons the fair minded Rangers fans wanted us to win last night.
Growing up in the 80s, seeing DU doing well in Europe and reaching the Uefa Cup final was a great memory for a young football fan.

Unfortunately, the landscape changed and there is almost zero goodwill afforded to any club after the horrendous way our club and support were treated due to no fault of our own.

Nevertheless, still hope youse and Hearts do well in Europe and hope Celtic smash the goals conceded record in the CL.

To be honest I thought Dundee Hibs tried very hard as if they were playing the famous, so fair play to them and we will need to be wary against them this season.

However, it's how they play against Seperate Entity F.C. that will define their credibility this season.

Many thanks to the fair minded posters for your comments. For those of you who hate United there is nothing I can say to change your views. FWIW I hope Rangers have another successful season in Europe for the same reasons the fair minded Rangers fans wanted us to win last night.
Well done on a great result, hopefully get the job finished next week!

It's all about improving Scottish football, which is very hard as us and the bheasts have far bigger budgets. I hope yourselves and everyone but celtic do very good in Europe.

Your team did well and got a good result last night , like another poster I watched with interest your European exploits in the 80s
I also have some very good memories of games at Tannadice.
However the landscape changed for many with the poison directed at our club in its darkest times.
it will be difficult for many supporters to forget this.

Credit to them. We slaughtered Motherwell for getting papped out.
Dundee Utd definitely surprised me. They got wired in like they were playing the Teds. Amazing what they could achieve if they maintained this level of performance.

Watching the highlights AZ shouldve taken the lead earlier in the game and had they done so itd be a very different result.

Dundee Utd dont score many goals and you imagine itll take High Level Bus Parking from them to see it over the line with a 1 goal lead.

On the assumption they do go through itll be the best non-Rangers result a Scottish Team has produced in a long time.
Watched the game and disagree. That ropey start aside they played better than AZ.

Class finish from Middleton

The country isn't exactly flowing in money at the moment. And let's be honest, our crowds went from very poor in 85 to through the roof in 86 when Souness appeared.
You’re peddling a mentally challenged untruth about how the rangers fans are apparently glory hunters and abandoned the team in the early 80s while I’m literally showing you that the drop in crowds from 77 and subsequent increase after 1984 happened to everyone.

1984/85 was the end of the miners strike, so it’s no surprise crowds picked up afterwards.

Between 1984 and 1987 Celtics crowd almost doubled, from 20k to almost 37k, they never won anything in this period so how come their crowd increased at the same rate as ours?

Between 1984 and 1987 Dundee Uniteds crowd grew almost 50% from 11k to over 16k. Hearts went up from under 10k in 1981 to over 24000 in 1988

It really was a seel out mate, as in the club had sold every ticket they were allowed to. The Police insisted on sterile areas around the 100 or so AZ fans that you can see in the top deck there. I was talking to a United fan last night.
A sterile area, the width of three seating sections? On both sides and in front, many times bigger than the actual away section? And you believe that? There’s probably a 100 rows of seats separating the fans.

Your pal is mugging you off

Just to put in into context, they played Hamrun Spartans, Standard Liege and Rapid Vienna to get to that semi final of a knockout cup.

Rangers have had harder qualifying phases than that.
As the old saying goes, you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Standard Liege and Rapid Vienna were the champions of Belgium and Austria respectively, two countries that were very much regular fixtures at the World Cup and European Championships at the time. They could have had a harder draw, but it is what it is, and ultimately they were cheated out of a place in the final by blatant corruption in Rome.

Say what you want about Dundee United now, but back then under McLean and Wattie they were a terrific side to watch at times, especially in Europe.

But for other Scottish clubs punching above their weight again now and we might not have had to qualify for the CL at all.

Hearts beating braga was the last decent non old firm decent result in europe.

As the old saying goes, you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Standard Liege and Rapid Vienna were the champions of Belgium and Austria respectively, two countries that were very much regular fixtures at the World Cup and European Championships at the time. They could have had a harder draw, but it is what it is, and ultimately they were cheated out of a place in the final by blatant corruption in Rome.

Say what you want about Dundee United now, but back then under McLean and Wattie they were a terrific side to watch at times, especially in Europe.

But for other Scottish clubs punching above their weight again now and we might not have had to qualify for the CL at all.
They also put 5 past Monaco away the season before.
Outplayed Man U at Old Trafford
Don’t understand how anyone can try to diminish how capable that United team was

A sterile area, the width of three seating sections? On both sides and in front, many times bigger than the actual away section? And you believe that? There’s probably a 100 rows of seats separating the fans.

Your pal is mugging you off
I just seen some highlights on YouTube of united game, they were filmed from main stand area, I thought they had a decent crowd but then you see the whole opposite stand is empty bar about 100 Az fans, if capacity is 14,000 then probably had just over 11,000 pie munchers.

Hope they go through for the sake of Scottish football but got a strong feeling Alkmaar will put 3 past them with no reply.

Back