How was Yilmaz?

His crossing looks excellent. Has a really touch of class when he gets time on the ball.
Let it slip under his foot a couple of times and it seemed to dent his confidence.

Needs time, but nervy, wil grow into the team. More mobile than Barisic has looked for a year now, which is already a massive win.

He didnt play bad at all. Still young and settling in.

Didnt get enough help for me up the touch line so he had to play it square or pass it back.
That a fair point although I thought Lawrence was in a position for him if he’d received the ball in the first place.
Maybe, on Kent’s return, we’ll see a different approach.

Safely competent. Already holding a higher pitch position than Barisic. He'll get everyone's support in every minute he plays as it should be, especially when he is yet to speak English (or Glesga Scots).

That a fair point although I thought Lawrence was in a position for him if he’d received the ball in the first place.
Maybe, on Kent’s return, we’ll see a different approach.
Anytime Lawrence came over he was marked and the angle wasnt right either

Lawrence comes over marked, then the pass is on for Kent, or vice versa

Confused by some of the negativity in this thread, He wasn't 10/10 or anything but even at this extremely early stage I thought he made more runs, and far more creative and progressive passes than Barisic ever does in a game. He even made a few runs direct into the box, extremely rare for Barisic. His defending was okay too, bit ropey at times but he was dogged and pretty intelligent for the most part (no silly fouls). Barisic came on and looked average as always, I think Yilmaz is already better than him

He didnt play bad at all. Still young and settling in.

Didnt get enough help for me up the touch line so he had to play it square or pass it back.
Was left exposed a bit like barasic was on Tuesday. He had glimpses that could be a cracking player done hairy moments to..... though good few did today

Tillman is cracking player but really wants to play more through middle

A lot of new players who take time for them to get to know one another

He will be a great signing for us, every problem we have with Barisic he is capable of solving.
Ridiculous statement demeaning Borna like that
On what he showed today he’s got a great deal of learning to do
Not a criticism of the boy as very early days but showed absolutely zilch today and after that Borna is a shoe in in to play Tuesday
I wonder if any posters who when putting Tuesday team in place are regretting slotting in Ridvan and perhaps Davies as well
Just a bit of fun

Agree with most, he looked nervous and in turn that played it's part in his performance. It will take time to get him match fit and adapt to the Scottish game and our way of playing but his defensive work is already far superior to BB.

Youtube videos are fine but playing for Rangers can be a real challenge for the most experienced players.

I thought the lad struggled in truth and will need time to grow into the jersey but I am sure he will in time.

Not sure why I thought he was a speed merchant but he doesn`t appear to be blessed with pace.

Ridiculous statement demeaning Borna like that
On what he showed today he’s got a great deal of learning to do
Not a criticism of the boy as very early days but showed absolutely zilch today and after that Borna is a shoe in in to play Tuesday
I wonder if any posters who when putting Tuesday team in place are regretting slotting in Ridvan and perhaps Davies as well
Just a bit of fun
Don’t think it’s that demeaning, Borna isn’t the best taking people on and doesn’t have the greatest recovery pace.

Yilmaz will do well for us as those are his strengths

Rangers fans expect every new signing to be the best player in the world immediately….so for this reason he’s poor (According to follow follow)

Rangers fans expect every new signing to be the best player in the world immediately….so for this reason he’s poor (According to follow follow)
Who said he's poor? A couple of halfwits? They don't speak for the whole forum.

I thought his positioning was excellent. Won a few headers that Borna would have been standing off from.

I'm not sure how much he's played but looks like he needs to get up to match sharpness.

On another note, I notice players closing down Barisic automatically left him to go after whomever was behind him (opposition teams using this as a tactic, knowing he'll pass back, tells you how often be does it).

Myself and my fellow grumpy old mate both agreed he looked a worry.
His lack of physicality stands out to a worrying degree. He is young and today was a big day for him but his use of the ball wasn't great. I think he looked to have also limited pace.

Maybe today is completely non-representative of the lad and he's just found his debut too big a deal but I was actually quite shocked by what I saw.

I know I will get pelters for this but I'm being honest. I would be very surprised if he starts on Tuesday.

I am absolutely fed up to the back teeth of Barasic but at this stage in a must win game he looks by far the better option.

I thought he looked a wee bit lacking physically and trying a bit too hard but will hopefully settle into his game! Not raving about him just yet!

Doesn’t seem to have much pace, when he backed out of the sprint early 2nd half was a worry.
Hopefully just needs to get match fitness up

You are on FF, you posted on a thread where the majority have not said he’s poor.

Is there another FF somewhere?

Looked shell shocked at the start, I appreciate that there's a good player there but I do think his stature will be an issue. Kilmarnock clearly targeted long balls down our left and he was easily brushed off when challenged. He'll need to bulk up and man up.

Back