How was Yilmaz?

He may be small in stature, but he will be a big player for Rangers. He's strong, doesn't fear getting into bigger players and looks like his pass potential will rip through defences. He's exactly what we need in that position. He needed more service after the balls he played today.

Can't wait till we see him and the rest of the team against USG. We will get through.
He didn’t look strong today mate, pushed off the ball very easily at times.

The signings with the exception of Tillman have had a rough ride already at times,it’s ridiculous.
It can be, but that’s not confined to here. Mark Hateley, for one, should know better.

In the heat of the moment a lot of ill judged comments are made, but on the whole while a lot of posters have expressed disappointment in individual performances, most folk have qualified their comments by acknowledging it’s early days.

I dont want to be all doom and gloom but, i dont get why we have replaced a tank in bassey with a boy who looks like a youth player playing in the big team, im sure he will be a tidy player etc but most of the defending he will do in the league will be against long or cross balls against hammer throwers, i just feel we shouldve went for a more athletic type full back. Not looking forward to the nastier away games with him defending the back post etc.

First half he looked very nervous but he grew into the game, his game will improve as he learns our style of play

He did fine. It was his debut.

One thing I liked was him not doing what Borna has got into the habit of doing of frequently passing back to the centre halves.

I’m looking forward to seeing him and Kent on the left hand side.

Looked like a player who has had limited minutes and time with his team mates. Few flashes but pretty average on the day and looked a bit nervous which is understandable. Looking forward to seeing how he develops once he gets up to speed and some time to build chemistry with Kent down that side.

Really wish folk would stop droning on about height though, it’s beyond tedious when plenty of players have shown it’s hardly a prerequisite for the position he plays and if pish teams like Kilmarnock want to win headers out on the touch line miles away from goal be my guest.

That doesnt make sense.
Did Borna sell a goal today?
Borna is currently good for a goal conceded a game. See the previous 2 matches.

He's a disaster defensively.

Yilmaz should get given the chance to nail down the position. I have no time for another one of Borna's crisis of confidence.

1st game today.

Disappointed he wasn't sharper and his movement wasn't better.

Ask me the question in 10 games times. I think he will come good for us.

I don't actually see how he can offer defensive cover though-it was noticeable how far up the park he was and how Sands covered there.

Smart teams will absolutely overload and exploit a player as short as he is in a back 4. Especially in Scotland.

I honestly can't remember anyone as short as him that has played in our defence.

I thought he had a quiet game and kept it simple, but couldn’t believe how tiny he looks compared to everyone else, only concern is that the hammer throwers of the league which is most teams might just target him to kick lumps out of.
Do you not know that he played in the Tiny Midgets Turkish League?

Looked like a player who has had limited minutes and time with his team mates. Few flashes but pretty average on the day and looked a bit nervous which is understandable. Looking forward to seeing how he develops once he gets up to speed and some time to build chemistry with Kent down that side.

Really wish folk would stop droning on about height though, it’s beyond tedious when plenty of players have shown it’s hardly a prerequisite for the position he plays and if pish teams like Kilmarnock want to win headers out on the touch line miles away from goal be my guest.

Physicality though is a big part of the modern game. Especially in our country.

I get there are defenders who are on the short side but that is usually offset with exceptional ability.

But even taking away the height aspect -players like Davis and Kent are reasonably strong and have pace-Davis has lost yards obviously but his football brain is exceptional. This lad looked short of pace also.

I’m not Borna‘s biggest fan,but I was glad when he came on Today.
Hopefully the “wee Turk” (that’s what my Granny used to call me)
hits his stride.Looked really nervous.

Physicality though is a big part of the modern game. Especially in our country.

I get there are defenders who are on the short side but that is usually offset with exceptional ability.

But even taking away the height aspect -players like Davis and Kent are reasonably strong and have pace-Davis has lost yards obviously but his football brain is exceptional. This lad looked short of pace also.

Talking utter shite here tbh.

You can see he's got good ability on the ball but he'll take a bit of time to get used to this environment. He's been with Besiktas since he was a kid, it will take a bit of time

You can see he's got good ability on the ball but he'll take a bit of time to get used to this environment. He's been with Besiktas since he was a kid, it will take a bit of time
To be blunt can we afford £3.5M for this type of signing?

Every signing is a risk and I get the idea of investing and selling big but this lad does seem an unusual way to go.

Nervous, grew into it, range of passing is superb, and looked like he always wanted to go forward - which was notably different from when Borna came on

Was concerned about his height in all honesty, but won his fair share of headers - and we made the clever change of firing Goldson over to help him out at their Goal kicks

Didn't set the world alight, but wasn't by any stretch a disappointment

To be blunt can we afford £3.5M for this type of signing?

Every signing is a risk and I get the idea of investing and selling big but this lad does seem an unusual way to go.
Yes we can. See where you're coming from, but I see what Gio is trying to do here with that position. Yilmaz beings something new to it that Barisic can't. When he finds his feet he will kick ass. Especially in Europe, hopefully we get somewhere with it

Will take time to settle and given what happened with lundstram last year I won't write any player off at this stage.

That said he was very poor today. Poor, in the tackle and generally looked nervy with letting the ball run under his feet etc.

I hope there is a lot more to come from him but we as a support need to give him time to settle and come good.

He's a centimetre shorter than Greg Taylor.

Are the teams in our league able to specifically target him when they attack, due to his lack of height?

No, because they are utter shite.

A lot of our support need to quickly realise that we aren't shopping in a market where we can bring in seasoned internationals who have a better chance of hitting the ground running. Signings like Yilmaz are our model, not quite established, potential to develop and make money on in future sales.

I'm not surprised the young lad was nervy he's probably heard that if he puts a foot wrong then he will be written off as a Rangers player and the groans will come from the stands.

It's no big football secret or science that players thrive on self-confidence and when that happens we see the best version of them....it's also not co-incidental that all our big performances and individually has been in Europe at Ibrox when the majority of fans get right behind the team.

How we make players feel plays a huge part in their performances, work-rate and application.

Yes we can. See where you're coming from, but I see what Gio is trying to do here with that position. Yilmaz beings something new to it that Barisic can't. When he finds his feet he will kick ass. Especially in Europe, hopefully we get somewhere with it

As stated earlier I have had enough of BB but I fail to see this lad keeping him out the team.

Back