MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm normally always confident and positive on here but I can't see us overturning this tonight. I think it'll be 0-0 at half time and Alfie will score in the second half around 75 mins and we'll run out of time.

They'll have 10 men behind the ball, soak up the pressure and defend for their lives.

Really hope I'm wrong.

Huge ask tonight. USG aren't anything special but they seemed organised and technical enough and have a two goal lead to hang onto. They can sit back, try to hit us on the counter. If roles were reversed we would be extremely confident.

But we have the better players and we have Ibrox. All it'll take is a goal to get the place rocking. Just have to hope that the gradual improvement in performance we saw against Killie continues.

I'm not crawling or looking for "Like" responses. Sincerely meant good luck for tonight and I hope you get through.

I'm normally always confident and positive on here but I can't see us overturning this tonight. I think it'll be 0-0 at half time and Alfie will score in the second half around 75 mins and we'll run out of time.

They'll have 10 men behind the ball, soak up the pressure and defend for their lives.

Really hope I'm wrong.
Alfie is going to shhhh you :shh:

Really hope I'm wrong.

Me too but got a Copenhagen 2003, Malmö last season feel about tonight.

As usual, the decisive factor in these early European qualifiers will be not so much the calibre of the opposition, as how ready Rangers are.

Will Kent and Morelos be fit and sharp? Will the new players have gelled? Will the defence be settled? Will the team have hit their stride in terms of speed of passing, and creating chances?

There's been little evidence of all this falling into place in the games so far. But it’s early days, it’s likely to happen sometime, and maybe the European stage is best for it?

If we are to win this tie and progress to the next round, we have got to be more urgent and slicker in our play right from the start.

We can’t be turgid and passive and start the sideways passes or else the crowd with grow restless. If the crowd are up for it, and they will be, then we can absolutely use that to our advantage, but we’ve gotta do the business on the pitch. With that being said, it’s about Gio putting the right players on the park. Ideally he would play Goldson and Davies at the back with Tav and Yilmaz as full backs. Sands sitting in front of them with Davis/Jack and Lundstram in the middle, Matondo and Kent out wide with Morelos starting, or at worst Colak starting. Either way we’ve got to get the best team we can put on the pitch and steamroller them early doors.

I think we will go though and I’ve got 2 thoughts. We batter them 5-0 and kill it off, or we go through 3-2 on aggregate after extra time.

Either way, we will progress.

I think it will be a tedious first half full of too and fro’ing. Second half playing into usual end i can see flood gates open. Prepared for a long night on a knife edge

Ibrox packed to the rafters causing bedlam of noise is the biggest factor for me tonight... Union are not a bad side by any means but they are nowhere near the calibre of sides we beat on route to last seasons Final, we score in the first 20 minutes to tip the atmosphere over the edge and they will crumble, equalise on aggregate before 60 and they will open up. We are going to do this, have the Leipzig gut feeling.

Can't make my mind up on tonight yet. Just hope to fck we play our best 11 rather than fitting square pegs in round holes.

A different pressure altogether from the Braga and Red Bull games. There would have been an acceptance had we went out against those 2 imo just for how deep we were in Europe, the level of opposition and obviously the deficit we had to over come. It was also later in the season where our incredible fitness really benefited us.

This is different. This is 25-40+ million on the line in a tie where we were favourites. Just fcking do it Rangers.

Before we get another plethora of threads asking if the game is on RangersTV in the UK - yes, it is - just read the OP in the thread linked by Doc in the opening post.

Its exclusively on RangersTV within the UK. No other sources.
Scandalous it’s no on any other sources btw.
Fecking Dundee Utd is on bbc

I think we are going to struggle to break them down, they will shut up shop from the off, i hope i’m wrong and we can hit them constantly for 90
Minutes, we need 100% from every single player on the park tonight, this is not a night to leave your A game at home, the fans will be them from the word go but we need the players to be hungry from the first whistle, get an early goal and anything can happen

Absolutely massive game tonight. Not going to try and predict the team, just hope whoever is picked gives everything they've got. Early goal would be great but not vital. C'mon the Famous, let's to this.

Do we reckon Morelos starts? And who will the three be behind him?

I was thinking most likely Kent, Lawrence and Tillman off the striker but then Matondo or Arfield could easily come into the equation too

Second time this last week I have heard Simon Jordan say USG ain't lost in 6 months before the 1st leg. Utterly clueless like about Football out of England.

Really hope I'm wrong.
You will be.

If the Belgians score first early, the crowd must stick by the team. I'm holding out for us beating them 2-0 over 90 minutes, then winning in extra time.

Just go out and give it your all Rangers,can't ask for any more than that.
And ffs Gio just pick the strongest 11,don't be playing players out of position or trying to be clever with the selection tonight!
Let's go!

As mad as it sounds I would start Arfield. Feel like he can have a big say and usually pops up with some important goals.

He won’t go hiding either

Gutted at having to miss tonight, my sons been up all night with a fever being sick and the doc has said he has tonsillitis, think he's more gutted than me!

Hoping for a goal early to settle the nerves.

Then i will be happy that we can do them.

If we go in at half time at 0-0 my arse will be knitting socks.

An early goal and they will crumble. Every 10 minutes that pass then they will get a lift and the anxiety from the crowd will get to the players. We need something to be happening even if it’s just some crunching tackles. The last three games have seen long periods without anything apart from boring possession. Even the first 20 mins v them last Tuesday they hardly got a touch but we done nothing but have a good stat.

Fully confident we can smash out the blocks quickly at home and scud any team by at least three, if we really need to

So with that approach, let's fucking go.

Huge ask tonight. USG aren't anything special but they seemed organised and technical enough and have a two goal lead to hang onto. They can sit back, try to hit us on the counter. If roles were reversed we would be extremely confident.

But we have the better players and we have Ibrox. All it'll take is a goal to get the place rocking. Just have to hope that the gradual improvement in performance we saw against Killie continues.
Would we be as confident going away to a much better team away from home that just didn't turn up the first leg?

A Villareal or Sevilla type team? I'd say that's a similar gap in terms of quality.

Back