Teammates Who Disliked Each Other

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
Durrant admittedly seems to have been unlucky but they probably could've both achieved a lot more by being less like they are. Ferguson and Gough in particular seems like a good example of saying look what he achieved with his attitude versus yours.

This was covered in the H&H Dominant show very recently.

Goram lambasted Spackman for an error that led to us conceding against the Sheep. Spackman turned around and gave him it right back - Goram took exception to being shown-up in public and this turned into a physical exchange in the dressing room at half time (Walter left them to it).

We came out after the break and pumped them.
Pretty sure it was August 1992 at Ibrox.
One nil down at half time, that carthorse Roy Aitken scored, destroyed them second half, won 3-1.

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.

Quite the insight as to why Derek played the majority of his career at Hearts and Falkirk and the other two remain footballing legends having won a European Trophy or numerous domestic titles.

Kyle Lafferty was a complete weapon. I don’t know why but I just can’t imagine Laudrup and Gazza getting along! Total opposites.
I thought I read that they did.
Fróm Laudrup.

I thought it was a case of complete opposites but I think Gazza probably respected his genius and the fact they were so different and didn't really go over the top with him.
Laudrup thought most of his antics were kinda shocking funny.

Or maybe I made it all up from a dream.

Derek Ferguson is a prime example of not what to do with your talent. I’d rather be Richard Gough and able to look back on my career with pride and fond memories than Ferguson who was chased out of Ibrox for his fu*king stupidity. You’d think in your mid fifties you would be a bit more worldly wise.

Broadfoot said on open goal Fergie and Darcheville hated each other.

Remember Darcheville's debut against Ajax in a friendly, JCD was constantly screaming "Bal-ee!" "Ba-lee!" for the ball over the top. It never came.

Don't think Fergie rated him at all, then again, there were few players he was actually having.

This was covered in the H&H Dominant show very recently.

Goram lambasted Spackman for an error that led to us conceding against the Sheep. Spackman turned around and gave him it right back - Goram took exception to being shown-up in public and this turned into a physical exchange in the dressing room at half time (Walter left them to it).

We came out after the break and pumped them.
The start of the 44 game unbeaten run.

Phil Thompson and Graeme Souness. Don't think they're on speaking terms to this day?

Simeone & Veron didn't like each other when they were at Lazio and Argentina.

They both spoke about it on Simeone's documentary but did say they had massive mutual respect. They'd go to war for each other on the pitch and then not speak a word to each other off it which is quite bizarre.

Roberts and Gough didn’t get on. Gough didn’t miss him in his book. Said he wasn’t the type of guy you wanted in the dressing room when the chips were down.

Broadfoot said on open goal Fergie and Darcheville hated each other.
Ferguson spoke highly about Darcheville in his book.

Said he was a good guy to have around the dressing room and was always doing magic tricks to entertain the players lol.

I'd imagine any dislike would have been Barry thinking he was pish.

I'm not a great DF fan.

Barry Ferguson and Maurice Ross?

Seem to remember Amoruso and Negri having a problem with each other, although given that Amo was injured throughout Negri's hot streak they probably never played together often if at all.

Andy Goram and Nigel Spackman.

Andy decked Spackman at half time during a game v Aberdeen. I’m sure the story was that Walter was not averse to Spackman getting a slap.
Allegedly spackman got a slap or two in the changing room after the game where he played in cascarino

Seem to remember Amoruso and Negri having a problem with each other, although given that Amo was injured throughout Negri's hot streak they probably never played together often if at all.
Yeah, Amo said Negri’s missus drove a wedge between them.

Durrant didn’t seem to like Graham Roberts.

And yet I can remember one game where Roberts tried to save Durant from a red card by claiming he had committed the foul and the ref was mistaken in thinking Durrant had done it. Maybe Durant was just jealous of Robert’s abilities as a choir conductor.

When they did the Blues Brothers Podcast with Ricki Neil they had Gough on via a video link and Ferguson was nothing but complimentary about Goughie and Richard even signed off with 'Great to see you boys, love you guys'

I guess his opinion is specific to who's interviewing him.

Back