Teammates Who Disliked Each Other

The funny thing is , i dont think Ferguson was that great, pretty slow and didnt score much.
Flattered to decieve imo, Durrant could have been world class though, and wasnt that far from it pre injury.
No Graeme Souness and myself were right about his potential.

I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t absolutey shite themselves at the prospect of fighting John Brown.
Old workmate who told me the story was one of said committee members and after Moore stating 'he didn't buy drinks at supporters functions, people bought HIM drinks' workmate started to stand up and say he would get the round in before being given the death stare off Bomber and told to sit down.
Bomber then informed Moore he had ten seconds to get to the bar or he was going to drag him outside and kick him up and down the street.

Moore went to the bar, bought a double round and ran out the door. Workmate said Alex Cleland who was also there was pishing himself laughing at skippy. :))

Quite a few dont get on with Greig
I get the impression that Greig resented jock Wallace when he became manager.although jock wasn’t the manager his presence was always about when things weren’t going well as “one jock Wallace” chants would start.the tin lid on it was when jock became Motherwell manager and his first game in charge was v us jock comes out and heads straight over to the rangers support who are giving him a rapturous welcome and the support barely acknowledged Greig.

I heard that. Wouldn't buy a drink, wouldn't get involved in the card schools and just a weirdo in general.
Which makes it all the more curious that he is involved in the TV commentary circuit with BT Sport because when you look at most of the ex-players on that… I imagine the social side of things is at least half of the point with them!

No Graeme Souness and myself were right about his potential.

I agree. I thought Derek Ferguson was a wonderful prospect, I saw him and Durrant as mainstays of our midfield for years. Different skills but both very talented indeed. Either that or they’d get sold for megabucks to wealthier teams. A shame how their careers didn’t develop as I expected, especially Durrant due to that awful injury, but at least he kept his head focused on the game and made the best of his opportunities. Ferguson, not so much, his less stellar career path seemed entirely self inflicted.

Tav & Goldson?!?!

Anyone that lives Milngavie way will know they are bosom buddies. I’ve seen Goldson and his Mrs out with their kids and Tav’s.

There was even a photo posted on here of the two of them queuing for their vaccine together!

Wild.

I agree. I thought Derek Ferguson was a wonderful prospect, I saw him and Durrant as mainstays of our midfield for years. Different skills but both very talented indeed. Either that or they’d get sold for megabucks to wealthier teams. A shame how their careers didn’t develop as I expected, especially Durrant due to that awful injury, but at least he kept his head focused on the game and made the best of his opportunities. Ferguson, not so much, his less stellar career path seemed entirely self inflicted.
Derek Ferguson probably needed a Jock Wallace style manager. The difficulty of being a young Rangers player, especially one where the club's profile rose dramatically during the Souness era, shouldn't be lost on anyone. Ferguson was the hero to my younger self back then, yet I can hardly remember what it was that drew me to him except on film, but he won't have been the first or last young player, at not just Rangers, to have have found it all a bit much at times. Ferguson is actually a nice guy as well it should be said.

Watching an Andy Cole documentary just now where he's talking about how him and Teddy Sheringham didn't exchange a word while they were at Man United together in the late '90s. When they did chat, Dwight Yorke was the mediator between them, passing on what the other said.

I know Porrini/Negri is the obvious one, but any others? I think it's safe to say Davie Weir thought Kyle Lafferty was a complete weapon.
Hartson and Berkovic whilst at West Ham. Glorious Tim on Tim violence ! B-D

Particularly when its just a friendly and its coles debut.

I get sheringham was prob pissed off being subbed and maybe had a shite game but was no need for that.

Aye, I found it a bit odd Cole held it against him for so long. It is bang out though.

Cole seems a bit of a difficult character at times, mind you. He couldn't stand Souness either when they worked together at Blackburn.

Ballack never won the World Cup. He had been retired a good few years when Germany won it in 2014.
Think he was referring to Lahm, as in Ballack got fit again and wanted the captaincy back but Lahm told him to f*ck off and eventually went on to lead Germany to the WC.

The initial dispute was around the 2010 WC though. Ballack missed the tournament injured but was expecting to come back into the team after but Low didn't really want him back. There was a bit of an issue then with either Low refusing to select him or Ballack refusing to play for Low.

Don’t think Kevin Thomson had much time for Christian Dailly going by a couple of stories over the years.

I don't know why you think that?
I get the impression that they are tight.
I would go as so far as to say that they are the backbone of the team.
Its just an impression I get, they are always bickering on the field, which isnt a bad thing, but I just get that feeling.

I'm probably way wrong, not that it matters anyway.

That’s the story I heard (during stretches) but in true FF fashion we have people claiming he was pissed on, had his clothes pissed on and had his bath pissed in :))
Would you bet against all 3 having happened?
Especially if he pissed on his leg and nothing was done.

Effenberg just looks like a cünt. Lad I used to work with Ross, used to play for Aberdeen. In a pre-seasom friendly he marked/played/kicked Effenberg off the park so much that he point blank refused to shake his hand at thee end (may even have demanded to be subbed as well but memory might be playing tricks on me there).
You know big Ross O'Donoghue?
Tell him he's a sheep shagging bassa for me.

B-DHahaha! I ain't seen him for ages mate, he got promoted and I moved jobs but I'm sure I could still find him on Teams and IM him!

Not sure about the "Big" bit though!
I'm at it, I just googled aberdeen effenberg.
And the top result mentions Ross O'Donoghue.
And that was without even putting Ross into the search bar.
But you could IM him and tell him, just for the giggles.
:))

Its just an impression I get, they are always bickering on the field, which isnt a bad thing, but I just get that feeling.

I'm probably way wrong, not that it matters anyway.
Both of them are leaders.
Probably they are constantly discussing problems as they arise during a game.

Potential is a maybe, but Hearts and Falkirk proves my point.
Thought he was wonderful at the time, but have since changed my opinion .
When he broke through he showed maturity on the park beyond his years.
He was the sort of midfield player who set the platform for other players to play.
Rather like Souness himself, or a player like Kante of France.
These players don't score that many goals.
Clearly, Souness was totally onboard with Ferguson's potential to grow into an international footballer.
Then it all went wrong.

I actually once had the privilege of speaking to Souness who gave me an insight into his and Walter's frustrations with their young prodigy.

Jamie Carragher and Steven Gerrard bullied fck out of Peter Crouch when he signed for Liverpool.

They didn't think he was Liverpool standard.

Lovely big fella but they may have been right.

When he broke through he showed maturity on the park beyond his years.
He was the sort of midfield player who set the platform for other players to play.
Rather like Souness himself, or a player like Kante of France.
These players don't score that many goals.
Clearly, Souness was totally onboard with Ferguson's potential to grow into an international footballer.
Then it all went wrong.

I actually once had the privilege of speaking to Souness who gave me an insight into his and Walter's frustrations with their young prodigy.
Having started watching rangers in 1979, when Derek Ferguson came along I thought we had a superstar on our hands. He had everything.

Then remember him being spotted at a WetWetWet (I think) gig drinking Buckie on someone's shoulders. Shortly after that, he just slipped away.

Barry Ferguson & Darcheville hated each other according to Broadfoot on Open Goal.

IIRC Amo also fell out with Numan and Gio/Mols, because they done an interview after one of Amo’s %^*& ups and essentially that cost them the game.

Watching Open Goal with Derek Ferguson and Ian Durrant is quite funny, especially when they talk about Trevor Francis. They just thought he was a pretentious wank and they noised him right up.

Ferguson wasn’t too complimentary towards Gough either saying “he’s just borin man. He’s a fuckin briefcase”.
Thought the same when Gough was Co-commentator in one of our recent matches.

Back