Temperatures for Saturday's game

Looks like we are heading for 27 degrees officially (likely 30 deg in reality) and humid.

I don't think we are allowed to take bottles of water in but should we be able to under these exceptional circumstances (I doubt the kiosks will cater for 50,000 dehydrated punters)?

A low key fixture against St. Johnstone shouldn't be an obstacle to this, surely?
No water? I've taken in a bottle the last 2 games I've went to nobody said anything

Only if it’s above a certain temperature. 30 degrees at pitch side I think it is, we will rarely ever, if at all, get to those temperatures.
I think stadiums with gaps between stands (like ours) are less likely to get that hot.

Whereas West Ham's game last week was 30c+, Hampden in the Novo cup final (when Boydy was too hot) etc.

At the Real Madrid game last season they sent an email about being able to take cartons or pouches in. So we took a bag of frozen capri Sun which were great as drinks and to cool down! No one said a word when we walked in with them.

Thinking of trying that for Saturday as it was roasting in BR1 on Tuesday night!!

Looks like we are heading for 27 degrees officially (likely 30 deg in reality) and humid.

I don't think we are allowed to take bottles of water in but should we be able to under these exceptional circumstances (I doubt the kiosks will cater for 50,000 dehydrated punters)?

A low key fixture against St. Johnstone shouldn't be an obstacle to this, surely?
I took a 75cl bottle of water in with me on Tuesday night and didn’t have a problem, I even got a woman in the kiosk to refill it for me, But only had a couple of sips as it tasted like bog water. :)

Love all the folk saying take your own water in but what happens when mines gets taken off me? Just queue for 30 mins

Come up next to me…the young lads from one of the Aberdeen buses are readily hydrated with Lucozade bottles filed with rosey wine…weird yet admirable

English games are allowing the players a water break. Wonder if we will do the same up here. Just take a bottle of water in I will be for me and the wee boy.
A League rule here is based on temperature for water breaks, and is actually stricter than the FIFA rulings too.
FIFA rule is 32 degrees, A League is 26+ allows for postponement or water breaks depending on what teams agree.

Most of the summer games kick off later for that reason (5pm onwards).
I was at a 5pm game last season that ended up delayed KO till nearer 7 due to the heat being unbearable.

An important post and a valid question.
I hope someone at the club addresses this serious issue.

So what would be their main problem with taking water into the stadium on Saturday.?
Is it because vodka and water look the same.? :D
Or, because they think people will use the container as target practice.?

Or, both the above.?

Its no different from the previous weekends which have been roasting and full houses.

Cops wont let us in with bottles, unfortunately they dont have any common sense
It must be 25 to 30 years since I saw the police at the Ibrox turnstiles.

So what would be their main problem with taking water into the stadium on Saturday.?
Is it because vodka and water look the same.? :D
Or, because they think people will use the container as target practice.?

Or, both the above.?
Why would anyone chuck vodka at a player? Sorry i mean 'water' :shh:

I might end up doing that but I hadn't planned wearing the sort of attire to readily conceal it (again due to the temperatures).
Pretty sure you've space to conceal a bottle in your undercarriage. Anyone mentions it just claim sexual harassment

Just take it in - I often do.

The stewards seem unable to spot glass Buckfast bottles getting in, so a small plastic bottle of water is unlikely to get you banned!

I always did this when I had my season ticket. Never an issue.

The bottle of water I mean, not the tonic.

The “project fear, climate crisis” most definitely seems to be working on the wider general public!

Can’t remember one single occasion where I’ve been soiling my underwear on holiday at the thought of it being a really hot day!

You’re going to a football match on a cracking day…hydrate in the morning, wear summer clothes and enjoy the match!

You’re not being asked to do an Iron Man in the Sahara Desert. Talk about being dramatic! :oops:

Have visions of fans swigging tap water from a Buckie bottle.

I seem to remember wee cone/poke paper things for the tap thing in the Family stand.

The “project fear, climate crisis” most definitely seems to be working on the wider general public!

Can’t remember one single occasion where I’ve been soiling my underwear on holiday at the thought of it being a really hot day!

You’re going to a football match on a cracking day…hydrate in the morning, wear summer clothes and enjoy the match!

You’re not being asked to do an Iron Man in the Sahara Desert. Talk about being dramatic! :oops:

It's unbelievable mate. Going to be around 27 ffs - hardly a furnace.

Yet we have the usual hysteria and panic from the public.

Scotland, of all places, should be embracing a bit of warm weather ffs !! :D

27 degrees is extremely hot for Scotland, and not everyone is comfortable in hot weather.

I sit second back row of the club deck and even in mild weather it's warm up there with the heat rising and being trapped under the roof. I'm dreading tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more mate!!

Absolutely Mind blowing!!!

27 degrees is extremely hot for Scotland, and not everyone is comfortable in hot weather.

I sit second back row of the club deck and even in mild weather it's warm up there with the heat rising and being trapped under the roof. I'm dreading tomorrow.
I sit in the club deck too, in the shade, out of the sun and can’t wait to go to a football match in shorts and tee shirt!

Maybe you should just stay at home…..that sounds horrendous!

How do folk cope abroad when it’s warmer than this every day? Hydrate before you go, buy a drink at the game, everyone apart from the Govan Front is pretty much in the shade.

Last edited:
Back