Let’s talk about Manchester United

Had a crap squad for years, very few you'd even keep as squad players. Club has been on decline since Ferguson's last year. They need to replace just about every player.

They've spent a billion since Ferguson left, let that sink in. A billion and can't be competitive with teams that you'd expect to be fighting relegation.

I hope Liverpool murder them next week, 5/6/7/8 nil.

Of course they will get back but it's going to take some time. Getting shot of Pogba was a start but McGuire, Fernandes, D e Gea and a few other supposed big hitters who are either not giving two hoots or traumatised by playing for Utd need moving on.

Marcus Rashford is another, a bit of a joke now with all his grandstanding.

Until a coach comes in with the balls to either transfer list or dump them out the squad, they have no chance.

This is what the club get for allowing OGS to remain in charge and let the team run itself.
I will never understand the backing Man U fans gave him.

Man Utd since Fergie stepped down are utter dross.

Goes to show if its not right at the top it wont be right at the bottom.
The fact that Fergie worked his fear factor both in Scotland and England with Referees, shows how much the Refs were shit scared of him, now getting their just results.

Brighton at home. Brentford away. Not exactly the most frightening start to the season, yet they've zero points, having scored one and lost six. A club which has gone from genuine title contenders every season, to guaranteed top four at least, to a bunch of irrelevant also rans. They're effectively back to the mess Ferguson took over 30 odd years ago. Recruitment on and off the park has been a joke. An absolute shambles of a club.

It seems like their new manager has gone out of his way to disregard any and all information given to him. He seems like the wrong person, in the wrong place, with the wrong attitude and he'll be gone before the World Cup at this rate and paying Pochettino a King's ransom to try and salvage anything from the season.

Rangnick might have been a horrid manager, but he saw the issues. His advice was "The squad needs open Heart Surgery with at least 10 in and 10 out' and his criticism of their transfer strategy was more pointed "Apart from quality, talent, the physicality that you need for this league, and mentality, sign players for whom Manchester United is the next step, not just because the name Manchester United and the cheque".

So this new guy has gone and signed 3 players, all of whom are not physically suited for the league or the roles they need them to play.

Eriksen has played two games, as a false nine and a defensive midfielder. Lisandro Martinez will not work in a back four in the Premier League. The other player isn't good enough to displace Shaw from LB. Now they're looking at Rabiot and Morata, neither are bad signings on paper (even if Morata's record in England is tragic) but they're clearly would be going there for the paycheque.

Their squad is a shambles, their recruitment is a disgrace and their manager is managing like he's facing a cowed Willem II every week, not a bunch of well organised, well recruited teams that smell blood in the water.

It's not good for them and it's going to get much worse.

Was that the one they claimed Collum gave the penalty and he wasn’t even looking at the incident?

Glorious
I cant remember that one.

A tim at work tonight saying theyve not had a decision for years.
I asked should you get booked if you run into the crowd after scoring.
He said yes.
I asked why did your player not get a 2nd yellow card up at Ross County for doing it.
NO reply.

I don’t think they will improve until SAF disappears from the background however they are a rudderless ship at the minute

If I were a Utd fan there would be serious alarm bells ringing in my head about the fact Ten Hag is continuing with guys like Fred and McTominay.

Seriously, these guys would be nowhere our midfield.

Of course they will get back but it's going to take some time. Getting shot of Pogba was a start but McGuire, Fernandes, D e Gea and a few other supposed big hitters who are either not giving two hoots or traumatised by playing for Utd need moving on.

Marcus Rashford is another, a bit of a joke now with all his grandstanding.

Until a coach comes in with the balls to either transfer list or dump them out the squad, they have no chance.

This is what the club get for allowing OGS to remain in charge and let the team run itself.
I will never understand the backing Man U fans gave him.
That’s how simple I saw it but listen to Neville and he reckons

Stadium needs to be rebuilt or stand by stand rebuilt which isn’t cheap

They have 25 - 30 million the bam compared to the average 350 million pre covid

Not got a sellable asset

Need assets who don’t want to come

They are fucked

From Twitter

B37839-A1-66-BC-40-BF-9-E61-8-A1-B067428-B7.jpg

Their fans screamed for the sacking of Jose Mourinho, that baffled me at the time and baffles me now.
No doubt they would change that in a heartbeat but to be fair there were times where we thought we could do better etc but never new what was happening behind the scenes

I've been attending football matches for 60 years and I can honestly say that I encountered the biggest sectarian slur from a football club employee at Old Trafford when I was there as a hospitality guest!
Horrible horrible club and I wish them nothing but pain and misery!
Tell us what Roy Keane said then......

That’s how simple I saw it but listen to Neville and he reckons

Stadium needs to be rebuilt or stand by stand rebuilt which isn’t cheap

They have 25 - 30 million the bam compared to the average 350 million pre covid

Not got a sellable asset

Need assets who don’t want to come

They are fucked
Startling if true.

Just watched it and my ribs are still aching with laughter, an absolute basket case of a club and their fall from grace is hilarious

It all boils down to the owners I feel. They are taking millions out of that club.

Obviously the club itself can still afford massive signing fees and big contracts, but the owners don't care and that will always have an impact. They're just there to make money.

It all boils down to the owners I feel. They are taking millions out of that club.

Obviously the club itself can still afford massive signing fees and big contracts, but the owners don't care and that will always have an impact. They're just there to make money.

Root cause issues lie squarely with the owners yes, but there is nothing stopping the current manager or managers before him spending money to seriously upgrade that central midfield pairing, surely?

I think G.Neville is desperate to prove a point about the owners, however Utd have spent a shit ton of money under the current owners and still look a shadow of the teams under SAF.

Fantastic day. Wish I was out drinking in the Brentford pubs tonight. My Brentford supporting mates are and to br fair to him our Man U mate is out with them taking his lumps. As he said “when life gives you lemons, drink with the winners”.

Every "big" club goes through a shit storm. Liverpool didn't win the league for 20 years. Milan clubs turned to turnips. We were nearly destroyed. The beasts were mince in the 90s. Barcelona and Real Madrid turning to shite too.

It's a lesson for us all. Enjoy it while you can.

Back