Let’s talk about Manchester United

They went into that game with two new players from last season.

Who ever decided this was okay should be chased out of town.

Man Utd since Fergie stepped down are utter dross.

Goes to show if its not right at the top it wont be right at the bottom.

I thought we had discussed them in great detail already :)

Last edited:
The issues were before the end of Sir Alex's tenure.

Any other manager would never have won the league with that washed out ageing squad.

That basically papered over the cracks.

Moyes was a good appointment but they should have given him time or went bigger than an up and coming manager to that level.

Joke of a club.

This is what happens when a club loses sight of who and what they are. If you veer too far away from your foundations and traditions, losing your values, then you have nothing to fall back on when times get tough.

Corporate greed and all about wanting to create the biggest commercial brand in world football - this is what has transpired at Man U. As the leaders of the past left the club, they left a void and chasm - those that have come behind them are clueless and have pissed a billion quid up against a wall.

I’m in lanzarote , went to the bluebells to watch our game then had a drink nwent home , myself n mrs Wbb lying in the sun and an almighty roar from the hotel bar - it’s full of paddies so we’ve not been near it , so another roar then another and another roars of laughter all over Lanzarote it seemed . I went to the toilet and oMg uniteds getting scudded 4-0 and the micks at the bar are in tears of laughter (as was I when I checked) bar one - he was getting pelters and he was getting wilder n wilder B-DB-DB-DB-D

I thought we already had discussed them in great detail already :)

Not to mention the other thread, titled simply “Man Ure”

I've been attending football matches for 60 years and I can honestly say that I encountered the biggest sectarian slur from a football club employee at Old Trafford when I was there as a hospitality guest!
Horrible horrible club and I wish them nothing but pain and misery!

The Glazers can’t run sports teams and struggle to appoint the right people to look after the sporting side. Woodward wasn’t the right person to take over from Gill and it’s spiralled from there.

Man U won’t be “back” until either the Glazers sell or they appoint the right person to run the club. Their problems run far far deeper than who’s on the touchline.

The Glazers can’t run sports teams and struggle to appoint the right people to look after the sporting side. Woodward wasn’t the right person to take over from Gill and it’s spiralled from there.

Man U won’t be “back” until either the Glazers sell or they appoint the right person to run the club. Their problems run far far deeper than who’s on the touchline.
There's plenty of evidence of that and over many years.

They are doomed!

Will we ever see them return to their old ways? That tonight was an absolute embarrassment like Dundee Utd on Thursday night.

Thoughts?
Not until the completely cull that squad and fix whatever the %^*& is going on behind the scenes. The choice of manager clearly does not matter very much.

Bottom of the league. I have no idea why they didn't punt 5 or 6 first team players out the door as they could have got good money for them and replaced them with something better for very little outlay. Of course the kicker is these players will be on megabucks that nobody else will come close to paying them so if it turns sour you are stuck with them.

The fact that they are now raking the football bargain bins for has beens and never will be's is absolutely hilarious given the changes the manager should have had lined up ever since he got the gig.

They are running out of fall-guy managers very quickly.

Last edited:
Ten Haag, or his replacement, needs a core group of players who will actually try hard and buy into the project. As long as the big name players don't give a %^*& they'll never be able to improve.

Bottom of the league. I have no idea why they didn't punt 5 or 6 first team players out the door as they could have got good money for them and replaced them with something better for very little outlay. Of course the kicker is these players will be on megabucks that nobody else will come close to paying them.

The fact that they are now raking the football bargain bins for has beens and never will be's is absolutely hilarious given the changes the manager should have had lined up ever since he got the gig.

They are running out of fall-guy managers very quickly.
They've not recovered from Ferguson retiring. Could take many years, perhaps another decade, to get back to that level. Look at how long it took Liverpool to return to near the level of the great Liverpool team of the 80s.

The new arsenal used to be challenging at the very top. Now they will be full of fans happy with a 4th place finish n a good fa cup run.

Back