We have nothing to fear from PSV

Hmmm, personally i think it's best to stay humble here. They are dangerous. Veerman and Simons are definitely big players for them. If we can somehow keep these two quiet, we have a chance. We have dangerous players too and have to make sure they have the best 2 games of their lives against PSV.

beleive we can win at Ibrox 2-0 or 3-1 ,but our away form in europe dortmund apart which was played during covid in a half empty stadium is poor and going by the first leg in belgium its still a problem fingers crossed we can solve our away form and have 2 fantastic nights to match last years great european nights, mon the rangers

PSV are a very good team, on our day we are also a very good team. This is very much a 50/50 as to who goes through. Little bit of luck, little moment of magic could be the difference.

Hopefully they'll come out at Ibrox and attack us the way all of the teams we faced in the Europa League knockout stages last season.

I think we need a two goal advantage to take to Eindhoven, going by our recent away form in Europe.

We have beaten a lot better in the last year but we have also been beaten by a lot worse too. It will come down to who turns up or which managers makes the correct decisions.

If Rangers turn up,and,defend well we will win this tie.They are a good side,no doubt about that.in my opinion it’s very winnable.

Think we will need to score at least 5 goals in the tie to go through but we are more than capable. Need a two goal cushion to go to Holland in my opinion as dortmund apart we don’t seem to have worked out a way to play away

Would be tempting, especially when we have goals in us

It would be difficult to turn down a 1 goal win if it were offered now.

The other side of the coin is we haven’t scored in the last 3 away euro games and have lost the last 4.

Yes, our new signings appear to have improved us but it’s difficult to make the case for us retrieving the situation away if Tuesday isn’t favourable

It would be difficult to turn down a 1 goal win if it were offered now.

The other side of the coin is we haven’t scored in the last 3 away euro games and have lost the last 4.

Yes, our new signings appear to have improved us but it’s difficult to make the case for us retrieving the situation away if Tuesday isn’t favourable
Good points. That it would be a second leg could change this, in regard to our scoring away. Anything more that goal up would be a huge bonus, but all things considered a one goal lead would not be too bad. We are in for a tough two games though, no matter what.

Think we will need to score at least 5 goals in the tie to go through but we are more than capable. Need a two goal cushion to go to Holland in my opinion as dortmund apart we don’t seem to have worked out a way to play away

I think if this is the case then we’re probably going to be going out.

I think if this is the case then we’re probably going to be going out.

I honestly can’t see us conceding any less than two away and can see them scoring on Tuesday ( I actually think we will sneak it 2-1
). If we are as sloppy at the back as we were against union over the two legs we will be punished.

I honestly can’t see us conceding any less than two away and can see them scoring on Tuesday ( I actually think we will sneak it 2-1
). If we are as sloppy at the back as we were against union over the two legs we will be punished.

I think it’s probably likely that they score in both legs but if we have to score 5 then I don’t fancy our chances.

I’ve got a bad feeling that we’re going to see Joey Veerman score a vital goal in this tie.

I suspect Gio, despite his generally conservative approach in such games, will have one eye on trying to kill the tie. He will expect the Ibrox effect to play a part, as it usually does, but starting on the front foot will ensure that the crowd are in full voice and that as in many of our Euro games we make that early breakthrough…Which forces teams out of their low block, counter attacking shape.

Our biggest problem will be the fact that we are in the process of integrating our new signings into our team, left central defence, attacking midfield and striker (key positions). If we click and are able to go up through the gears it could be a very fruitful night…if not it could be a highly frustrating night, but whatever happens the tie at worst should be merely ‘in the balance for our trip to Holland.

My gut is saying a big win and halcyon night with BT back on the coverage, I want the rhats to be spewing bile the next morning and suspect that we will score at least 3 without conceding more than 1…but hey, ho what do I know, gut feeling, no more.

The majority of our squad disposed of much better teams last year.

The new guys seem to be settling in well.

If we can hit the ground running it's definitely do-able.

What is our overall record against Dutch teams in European games?

Very mixed I think, off the top of my head we’ve been eliminated in the last two knock outs v Dutch, Feyenoord in 2002 and PSV in 2011.

Conversely we had the better head to head in the group stage matches v Feyenoord in 2018 and beat PSV home and away in 99.

Lost to Alkmaar in a one off group game in the old UEFA Cup in 2004 aswell

I suspect Gio, despite his generally conservative approach in such games, will have one eye on trying to kill the tie. He will expect the Ibrox effect to play a part, as it usually does, but starting on the front foot will ensure that the crowd are in full voice and that as in many of our Euro games we make that early breakthrough…Which forces teams out of their low block, counter attacking shape.

Our biggest problem will be the fact that we are in the process of integrating our new signings into our team, left central defence, attacking midfield and striker (key positions). If we click and are able to go up through the gears it could be a very fruitful night…if not it could be a highly frustrating night, but whatever happens the tie at worst should be merely ‘in the balance for our trip to Holland.

My gut is saying a big win and halcyon night with BT back on the coverage, I want the rhats to be spewing bile the next morning and suspect that we will score at least 3 without conceding more than 1…but hey, ho what do I know, gut feeling, no more.

I’d be very surprised if that’s how PSV set up on Tuesday.

Our manager will see us through this tie; we will pleasantly surprise a few people in these games, but that game on Tuesday last was a far far better performance than we got credit for, even possibly among our own support. Will be a hard two games, but this Rangers side has the potential to go far if we get the right breaks.

Anyone who claims they are feared or frightened of PSV at Ibrox is attention seeking. That’s simple.

Away from Home - definitely a big ask.

But at Ibrox we are a different beast. I fancy us to win at home - narrowly. Will be a tough second leg but we can certainly do this.

PSV are a fantastic side although, like everyone there is certain areas where they have weaknesses, our management team will already know this, they will have identified where we can break them down at their most vulnerable. Would never write them off, Veerman, Simons, Gakpo, De Jong all more than capable of causing us an upset here, quite a few pundits in Holland tipping PSV to win the Eredivisie this season over Ajax so write them off at your pearl, it'll be a tougher tie than when we last came up against Feyenoord however all that being said we have the strength all over the park to overcome them both home and away. We have an off night like USG in Belgium and its curtains. It'll be close but I think we will progress 3-2 on aggregate, beat them on Tuesday 2-1 then 1-1 over in Eindhoven.

Think they are similar to Dortmund around the time we were playing them. Really good going forward with plenty of ability on the ball but guilty of moments of poor defending. Scored 18 and conceded 9 in their first five matches this season. Certainly can't see it being a low scoring tie. Getting Morelos fit to start the 2nd leg is the most important thing. Our away form hasn't been great in Europe but we beat Dortmund in Germany 4-2 and were level in Belgrade before Alfie went off with his injury. He massively changes the way we can approach matches away from Ibrox with his ability to bully defenders.

Very tough tie for both teams. I only ask Rangers give it their all in both matches and Gio gets his tactics right. We do that then I think we'll sneak it.

Will be a 50/50 tie. Can’t base how good they are on their result against go ahead eagles as they can’t base how good we are against st Johnstone. Will need two good performances to see us through

PSV should be the ones scared. They are coming to one of the most intimating atmospheres in Europe to play against one of the most in form European sides of the last few years.

Respect them by all means but let's get it right here.

They have a lot of attacking threat but leave gaps at the back I think if we were to go through the score will have to be on aggregate something ridiculous like 5-4

Love it!

Likely? Eh, probably not, but I love the positivity so I'm all in!

I will counter that as much as I love these positive posts we also need to realise we are playing a very decent team in a very 50 / 50 tie so should it not go to plan we shouldn’t be flinging to toys out the pram.

I think the more positive a build up the more people lose their shit if we lose and the criticism of everything Rangers then goes way ott.

But aye, fark it. 5-1 in the home leg, kill the tie completely.

Not sure Alfie is ready to start on Tuesday, but we will need him starting over there next Wednesday.
Big challenge this one, but thats the way we like it

Very mixed I think, off the top of my head we’ve been eliminated in the last two knock outs v Dutch, Feyenoord in 2002 and PSV in 2011.

Conversely we had the better head to head in the group stage matches v Feyenoord in 2018 and beat PSV home and away in 99.

Lost to Alkmaar in a one off group game in the old UEFA Cup in 2004 aswell
We battered Willem II in the europa qualifiers a few seasons ago.

Back