Sunday football

They play 3 attack minded central midfielders

We often play 2 defensive mids

They’ll create more chances but they’re also more vulnerable at the back. Swings and roundabouts. Over the course of the season time will tell what’s the better strategy

European sides will rip them to shreds. Their back line in Scotland is rarely challenged.

They're going to blow the other ten away 95% of the time again this season. That was were we couldn't match them last season. We've made a good start this season. It'll likely come down to the old firms.

Injuries and minimal goal difference probably the best we can hope for today.

Refereeing in Scotland is a joke.

Every single challenge on a celtic player has been given as a foul - mental reffing.

Killie need to press them, they're pish at the back.

This yahoo defence is just crying out to be ripped apart

For all the guffawing about their style and how they blow teams away they've been pretty poor here

It totally is. This season is going to come down to whoever blinks first out of us and them against the rest of the SPFL. Can't see many points being dropped and old firm games will be pivotal.
With both teams reasonably settled and with both getting euro money I’m expecting a 2003 95+ points to win the league

Have to say, don't think Killie are playing that bad here. They look hungry and are winning a lot of the 50/50s. No real quality in final third, so might take something special from Lafferty if they're gonna get anything.

They play 3 attack minded central midfielders

We often play 2 defensive mids

They’ll create more chances but they’re also more vulnerable at the back. Swings and roundabouts. Over the course of the season time will tell what’s the better strategy
We should be playing two attacking midfielders in games like yesterday. If we are needing to break teams down we need extra firepower in attack, a combo of Lawrence/Tillman/Lowry/Hagi/Arfield.

They rarely got into our half so much so that Lundstram spent 50% of the game helping out in attack as well, two defensive mids is complete overkill IMO

They are capable of cutting teams right open but 90% of their play is shite.

Can’t see them accumulating the same kind of points total as last season tbh. We just need to make sure we’re consistent against the dross.

that lot do seem to break teams down more easily than we do against the dross.
We are too pedestrian, whereas they seem to get it forward earlier than we do.

Other sides must also be aware that they get everything off the officials, which I’m sure has an impact on their competitiveness in challenges.

Reactions: dmg
We should be playing two attacking midfielders in games like yesterday. If we are needing to break teams down we need extra firepower in attack, a combo of Lawrence/Tillman/Lowry/Hagi/Arfield.

They rarely got into our half so much so that Lundstram spent 50% of the game helping out in attack as well, two defensive mids is complete overkill IMO
I agree but I reckon Jack started with Tuesday in mind

This yahoo defence is just crying out to be ripped apart

For all the guffawing about their style and how they blow teams away they've been pretty poor here
In Scotland it’s more than enough and frankly ours is far from settled yet. I heard all last season how bad it was and yet they conceded the least. But the standard of our league is absolutely rank.

Didn’t know you are allowed to constantly hold players now, must’ve missed that rule change.

Back