Souness getting it now

There's gonna be a backlash against all this nonsense.

Not an 'IF' there will be one, but 'WHEN'.

Inevitable.

Would love it to happen but sadly it won’t.

The entire Western world now walks on eggshells out of fear of being accused of being sexist / racist / homophobic / transphobic etc by the vocal minority of crackpot permaoffended woke warriors.

Well the main point of watching Match of the Day is to see football highlights, not be enthralled by the panel - admittedly it is good when they show you something you might not have realized or noticed yourself with good analysis. The second point is that having grown up listening to and enduring Lawrenson and Hansen, anyone who actually comes across as if they haven't been forced on the show at gunpoint is an improvement. If having a black person on the show annoys you so much you stop watching it, I'd have to say it sounds like you're doing something wrong.
Alan Hansen is light years ahead of any pundit they have had on the show since. It just became popular to dislike him as a ‘dour Scotsman.’ This was around the start of the era when it became in vogue to bandwagon jump.

Today he’s commenting on a man’s football game. Was he meant to say” it’s a humans game”?

Jesus Christ.
In this day and age he probably should but
that is sure to offend somebody somewhere as well.

During the Forest game the commentator pointed out that this particular player was sure to be Player of the Game. Obviously instructed not to use Man of the Match if he wanted to keep his job.

Getting to be you can’t even watch a football match in your living room and this wokism is getting shoved down your throat.

In this day and age he probably should but
that is sure to offend somebody somewhere as well.

During the Forest game the commentator pointed out that this particular player was sure to be Player of the Game. Obviously instructed not to use Man of the Match if he wanted to keep his job.

Getting to be you can’t even watch a football match in your living room and this wokism is getting shoved down your throat.
That’s actually disgraceful, the whole ‘player of the game’ thing. If it’s only males playing, why should man of the match be considered as wrong.

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
I knew it as soon as he said it, he’s not wrong though

It would be great if he replied to them on social media.
Man up FFS.
Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now

As soon as he said it I thought...here we go twitter will be a laugh. Wasn't disappointed! English woman players all over it crying.
The support for the Lionesses was superb from all over the country. If they get sucked into a debate over this and start getting critical that support may go back to previous levels.

Alan Hansen is light years ahead of any pundit they have had on the show since. It just became popular to dislike him as a ‘dour Scotsman.’ This was around the start of the era when it became in vogue to bandwagon jump.
Well I was only around 8-16 when he was on it, so I think my opinion of him being a miserable bastard was formed solely by him seeming like a miserable bastard.

If sky are willing to put up with this shit, be on their head, it's only a matter of time before they want the same cash

Of course Souness meant nothing against women.,

It just annoys me that crap like this allows the usual haters (all onboard) an excuse to spout their usual nonsense.

He just said “he hasn’t exactly set the heather on fire”

This is clearly a hate crime against lassies called Heather and he should be double cancelled
With all the wildfires in the country just now his comment is reprehensible. I mean someone might go and set heather on fire now.

As soon as he said it I knew something was going to come from it and the world would go in to meltdown, the producers must have been panicking as soon as he said it.
The world we live in where you can’t say anything incase you offended someone or someone is offended on someone else’s behalf.

What I want to know is all the people now that get offended so easily and go on social media to preach to everyone… what did they do in the days before social media? Did the still get offended or is it just more fashionable now to be offended?

Sick of all this woke horseshit, lets just have womans teams vs mens and decide it once and for all, no quarter given, full bloodied 100% contact.
If they can live with it then let their teams into the lower leagues and they can work their way up, if not, then shut the feck up and get on with it

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.

I'm sure some on here will be considering wetting theirs undies at this revelation.

That's modern football for you. We should be talking about when the next round between Tuchel & Conte will take place and instead we'll have to stand these stupid comments about how sexist Souness happens to be.

Sick of all this woke horseshit, lets just have womans teams vs mens and decide it once and for all, no quarter given, full bloodied 100% contact.
If they can live with it then let their teams into the lower leagues and they can work their way up, if not, then shut the feck up and get on with it
Souness said nothing wrong but your post is complete mince.

Souness has not been banned, censured or told off.

No-one is blaming him for anything.

You're reacting to a tweet from a nobody and giving others an excuse to slag off womens football for no reason.

Well I was only around 8-16 when he was on it, so I think my opinion of him being a miserable bastard was formed solely by him seeming like a miserable bastard.
A legend and somebody who played at the very top and won the big trophies, so was extremely credible. Far better than a Danny Murphy or Jermaine Jenas but we are a country with a large underbelly of chavs and morons who would rather watch Micah Richards than someone with a modicum of intelligence.

A legend and somebody who played at the very top and won the big trophies, so was extremely credible. Far better than a Danny Murphy or Jermaine Jenas but we are a country with a large underbelly or chavs and morons who would rather watch Micah Richards than someone with a modicum of intelligence.
Well that was someone else's point. When we're watching Rangers play Champions League football this season (hopefully), what qualifies Craigan from having any kind of opinion of football at that level when he was an absolute journeyman plodder? For the second point, Jonathan Wilson is pretty intelligent but would bore the tits off of any normal person when he's banging on about the 3-4-3 resembling the Austrian Wunderteam of the 1880s.

TMB's comment was nothing about men's fitba ve women's but all about wee shitebags throwing themselves to the ground and seeking penalties/cards. Here's a clip with my tweet in response. Context is everything.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, when you see it in the full context it has been said.

How many of the folk that are pretending to be offended by this will have actually seen this I wonder.

That’s actually disgraceful, the whole ‘player of the game’ thing. If it’s only males playing, why should man of the match be considered as wrong.

Because they might not identify themselves as male and you aren’t allowed to assume that they are male.

Welcome to the year 2022

Back