MOTM Poll Rangers v PSV Eindhoven - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FB-IMG-1660669417642.jpg

Goosebumps seeing the CL badge on our top again.

Let's make it for real Rangers.

We really can't rely on a rumour just yet. If Van Bronckhorst is going with Davis then we have to back him, but would be slightly surprising.

We need to go for it tonight. 1-0, 2-1 or a draw etc still gives us a lot of work to do over there
Yes and no. We have never lost in Eindhoven but our recent away record is not the best. I still think we can do it if we're still in the tie.

Saying that, I'd take 5-0 right now.

Many will have missed it but a poster with a decent record has said in the Davies/Sands thread that Sands starts (no surprise) and that Steven Davis starts (big surprise).

That will screw over virtually every suggested lineup in this thread LOL.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barisic

Lundstram
Davis

Tillman
Lawrence
Kent

Colak
I honestly can’t see it unless jack and kamara are injured. It would be weird, Davis didn’t start a game on our run to the final beyond the groups and hasn’t started one this new campaign. I’ll be really shocked VB

I honestly can’t see it unless jack and kamara are injured. It would be weird, Davis didn’t start a game on our run to the final beyond the groups and hasn’t started one this new campaign. I’ll be really shocked VB
I was shocked when it was posted too. Davis can bring a calmness and control to our midfield, we've seen it many times, I just fear he might not have the legs for PSV tonight though given he hasn't featured much. Maybe get the first hour when the game is still cagey?

Certainly come out of the blue (if it happens).

But the guaranteed money in CL makes it better. Ideal scenario is finishing 3rd in CL then we have a chance at the EL
That's probably the most realistic target but finishing in the top 2 and qualifying for even just the next round is massive financially. There is the dilemma between the money or the thrill of going on another run like last year's, we're never winning the CL, perhaps 2 rounds past the groups is about our limit, but the EL offers so much more.

Davis was injured in our run to the final beyond the groups and he was man of the match in his one appearance this season. His experience in a game like tonight’s will be massive. Jack is blatantly unfit and Kamara can go missing in high pressure games.

He’ll be quality tonight, mark my words

Oh thank you for typing slowly to help me understand! :)

I can see what you mean now but the very phrase “anything to nil” is so pre 2021.

You could as well have said “if we don’t lose tonight we’re still in the tie”.
I didn’t mean it to be cryptic, just what came out.
The lad I initially replied to spoke of clean sheets an i just expanded on that.
I do see where you’re coming from though.

Davis was injured in our run to the final beyond the groups and he was man of the match in his one appearance this season. His experience in a game like tonight’s will be massive. Jack is blatantly unfit and Kamara can go missing in high pressure games.

He’ll be quality tonight, mark my words
His quality is never in doubt. He’s been bizarrely underused. Which is why it’s just so random to now chuck him in (albeit we know Davis will cruise it with his experience). Just not used to seeing that type of curveball from Gio

For you younger bears out there, a wee bit of history. The champions league badge is a ball made of 8 stars.

They represent the 8 teams who took part in the very first Champions League group stages.

AC Milan, Club Brugge, CSKA Moscow, IFK Goteborg, Marseille, Porto, PSV Eindhoven & Rangers.

Quite fitting two of the 8 meet tonight.

We really can't rely on a rumour just yet. If Van Bronckhorst is going with Davis then we have to back him, but would be slightly surprising.
Tbh I’m more concerned about Davies , talk about a tough 2nd start for Rangers.

If he has a good game , I think we have a good night ! Fingers crossed.

I know colaks been scoring but I'd be starting with Morelos.

We all saw what he could do in Europe last year, I genuinely don't think PSVs defence could cope with him.

Back