Yilmaz

Jorgthegreat

When do we think we will see Yilmaz get his chance again? Barasic has come onto a game recently but surely we can't have our most expensive summer signing sitting on the bench for too long

Dont think next week is the time for it but hoping domestically he can get some game time.

When he grows about 4 inches so he isn’t a target for every team in the league to hit diagonals onto? B-D

Physically, I dont understand the signing at all. Went from Man Mountain Bassey to a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.
Imagine dissin a very good footballer like that. Learn to respect your players and professionals of the game in general.

Why?

Do we just drop Borna purely because we have paid a decent amount for Yilmaz?

Or do you not have to earn your starting jersey anymore?

No but the management will need to find a way to give him a chance to earn the Jersey, hopefully some minutes domestically over the next couple of weeks

I think Borna is playing decent but I'm assuming we signed him as we thought he could be better than decent.

Definitely expect him to start against Queen of the South. Probably get some minutes against County too if we're cruising.

When do we think we will see Yilmaz get his chance again? Barasic has come onto a game recently but surely we can't have our most expensive summer signing sitting on the bench for too long

Dont think next week is the time for it but hoping domestically he can get some game time.
Borna will be dropped after the piggery match soon where he usually freezes for 90 minutes anyway.

When he grows about 4 inches so he isn’t a target for every team in the league to hit diagonals onto? B-D

Physically, I dont understand the signing at all. Went from Man Mountain Bassey to a member of the Fellowship of the Ring.
He’s taller than about 6 of Celtics first team including 2 of their fullbacks. All the goals they concede with long diagonals as well.

This fascination with his height is fucking weird and started with some peado loving poodle in the press who completely lacks any self awareness.

He’s taller than about 6 of Celtics first team including 2 of their fullbacks. All the goals they concede with long diagonals as well.

This fascination of his height is fucking weird.
Its not weird, its a genuine concern, and a weakness. Are we not allowed to have those now? Will I lose some of my Staunch Points?

Barasic was on my flight to Amsterdam this morning. Dunno where he was off to after that. I'd say that probably rules him out for Saturday though.

IMHO he won’t be in the team until Borna gives the manager a reason to drop him.

Was surprised he didn’t get on Saturday when we were comfortable. I expect he’ll start v QOTS

I'd be looking to play him asap you can't have a player like that sitting on the bench especially considering his price tag and his talent.

Makes you wonder what the script is Gio demanded a different LB to what we already have and as yet doesn't seem to want to play him.

Aye because Greg fucking Taylor is really a man mountain

Half their squad aren’t tall enough to get into m&ds and it’s done them no harm

He's a lot smaller than his reported height if you see him up close tbf.

Won't be a big issue so long as he's strong and can read the game well.

I'm sure the clogger teams will target him from goalkicks but should just be a case of Lundstram moving over and winning the ball.

Its not weird, its a genuine concern, and a weakness. Are we not allowed to have those now? Will I lose some of my Staunch Points?
Yet he’s same height as Taylor and Mooy, taller than Juranovic, Barnebei, Iguchi, Hetate, Maeda, Abada and Kyogo.

Also taller than many of the best fullbacks the world has ever seen, Lahm, Lizarazu, Roberto Carlos and countless others.

He’s also taller than our Manager, who wasn’t bad in midfield or left back for some half decent sides and a not bad national team too.

This fascination with his height is fucking weird and seems to be used by strange folk hellbent on writing off young players who have come in the door. It’s not 1990 anymore and started with some peado loving poodle in the press who completely lacks any self awareness.

He's a lot smaller than his reported height if you see him up close tbf.

Won't be a big issue so long as he's strong and can read the game well.

I'm sure the clogger teams will target him from goalkicks but should just be a case of Lundstram moving over and winning the ball.
His defensive stats for Besiktas were reasonably good also not bad in the air by all accounts.

Urban myth answered in #29

His signing is bringing the best out of borna, though it shouldn't have but borna needed a kick up the arse to start playing well again.

When do we think we will see Yilmaz get his chance again? Barisic has come onto a game recently but surely we can't have our most expensive summer signing sitting on the bench for too long

He's fucķing massive alright. Say otherwise and you're a mentally challenged. In fact, even comment on his stature then you're worse than Saville.

Hopefully the weekend. Him and Davies need to get up to speed. Borna is too inconsistent game to game (sometimes even half to half) at the moment.

Excited to see what they can bring.
Agreed would be great to see him start vs Hibs along with Davies and Jack with Alfie getting 30 minutes as well

Think we will see him this Saturday, borna has played a good amount of games recently and sometimes he breaks down injured if he plays too many games at the one time. Whenever he does play, looking forward to see him playing.

I don’t expect Yilmaz to start against the cheat Boyle on Saturday or against PSV next week. The jersey is Borna’s to lose. I expect we will see Yilmaz off the bench v Ross County and starting v QotS so we can see what he can do. Then back to Borna for the DhimDome and Aberdeen.

Thereafter, who knows?
Borna has been totally exposed at Dhimdome recently.
He gets into one huge flap
I think that’s one of the major reasons we bought Yilmaz

As long as Borna continues to perform, I’m not that fussed when we see him again.

We wanted two quality players for each position, and as long as the man in possession of the jersey earns it, the other will have to wait.

I’m sure he’ll be ready to step up when the times comes.

As long as Borna continues to perform, I’m not that fussed when we see him again.

We wanted two quality players for each position, and as long as the man in possession of the jersey earns it, the other will have to wait.

I’m sure he’ll be ready to step up when the times comes.
Continues to perform?

Borna has been totally exposed at Dhimdome recently.
He gets into one huge flap
I think that’s one of the major reasons we bought Yilmaz
If Yilmaz is to get the start at the DhimDome then he will need to start at least three games before then I’d suggest. I don’t see that happening. Saturday will give us a better idea.

Back