Yilmaz

Too true.

I reckon your average drunk Glaswegian would take one look at Paddy Pimblett if they didn’t know who he was and think “I’m having him….”
Honestly man, even the heavyweights are small. Some of the guys that get listed at 6’4 or 6’5 don’t really appear as large as they do on television. Even their overall size, frame wise, they’re so much thinner than you expect. It’s quite wild. In summary, Yilmaz is going to smash everyone.

Is Ridvan slight? Yes, however it’s not like we didn’t know that when we scouted him. We must think he has the attributes in his game to combat his lack of height etc. & to be a success in this league.
Per Transfermarkt he's about 1cm smaller than Zinchenko. Who's done alright for himself. Once he's in the team he will be absolutely fine.

I thought we'd have seen him at some point in the second half against PSV tbh, Borna was toiling at one point, blowing out his arse, thought for sure he was going to be hooked.

Somehow managed to get a second wind though, presume we see more of Yilmaz at the weekend.

174cm is 5’8.5 - You are reading it wrong on the conversion chart.

Who cares about his height but the number of folk converting 174cm to 5’7 is worrying, as you are looking at the decimal foot number only.
I did it the simple way, convert cms to ins rather than feet.:) Easy then.

I’ve not got an issue with height or lack of, it’s comes to ability and how you also cope/deal with restrictions. In regards to height. What was the first thing Kilmarnock did at Ibrox. A long ball down their right in which Lafferty peeled out wide on top of Yilmaz and just stood his ground. Yilmaz had no chance.

That will be the target for most sides so we’ll see how he deals with the aerial side of football in Scotland.

In said game Yilmaz won 0 headers, 0 tackles, and completed 0/6 crosses.

He’s 5ft 11, hardly a dwarf.
The internet has him down at 5’7
Yilmaz is 5 ft 8ins or so, maybe slightly more.

ryan-reynolds-facepalm.gif

Who cares about the boy’s fucking height, it’s his football ability and intelligence on the field that matters and as he is in the full Turkish International team, Gio and the club know that he is several levels above the utter opposition shite we come up against in our diddy league.

Too small too lightweight not very talented and not suited to Scottish football if the showing against Kilmarnock is anything to go by just can’t see the guy cutting it in the shite league we play in
Hope the guy gives me a great big girfuy but can’t see it
%^*& sake man. Will people like you never learn? This must be a joke man. Not very talented? %^*& me.

Who cares about the boy’s fucking height, it’s his football ability and intelligence on the field that matters and as he is in the full Turkish International team, Gio and the club know that he is several levels above the utter opposition shite we come up against in our diddy league.

Aye - and for the record Roberto Carlos was 5'6" = 1.67m

Unbelievable to write a player off after ONE game. Just pure nonsense. Some of our greatest ever had indifferent debut games. And if he is 5 foot 9 then it hardly makes him a munchkin.

I was at the Killie game and saw nothing of the sort. He looked short of fitness and got subbed in the end because of that. He certainly didn’t get the ‘run around’ from anyone with a funny shaped head.
Gio subbed him because he was getting targeted and was not covering himself in glory if was short of fitness why did he get a start before Borna

Gio subbed him because he was getting targeted and was not covering himself in glory if was short of fitness why did he get a start before Borna
See post #115. He pulled out of the race right in front of me fearing for his hamstring. He wasn’t fit or was feeling the pace, however you choose to put it.

He was not playing in Scotland though. Nobody knows how Yilmaz will do but to dismiss his lack of height as nothing is wrong.

Weve got plenty of small players in our team just now. Theyve got a few as well. Even historically when it was "a mans game", weve had plenty of hall of famers about Yilmaz height.

Weve got plenty of small players in our team just now. Theyve got a few as well. Even historically when it was "a mans game", weve had plenty of hall of famers about Yilmaz height.
For me the main problem is Davies and Yilmaz on the left side, we have lost far to much height and power with Bassey going and have not replacecpd it at all.

Wish I understood the mindset of those who write players off after a handful of games, what’s the thinking behind it?

For me the main problem is Davies and Yilmaz on the left side, we have lost far to much height and power with Bassey going and have not replacecpd it at all.

Tbf mate Bassey was terrible in the air. Power, yeah, i get that argument. But i think Yilmaz and Davies will both be put on a strength and conditioning program regardless. Its pretty common. Scottish football is physically challenging. Yilmaz physique will be night and day by next season.

Why?

Do we just drop Borna purely because we have paid a decent amount for Yilmaz?

Or do you not have to earn your starting jersey anymore?
People made exactly the same comment when there were calls for Bassey to replace Borna at left back last season.

Half the posters on this thread have to be taking the piss at this point. Must be one of the most demented threads on a newly signed Rangers player in FF history. Boy's not even played a full game and he's being written off because he's under 6 foot and lacking match fitness.

Back