Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Yes. Sometimes there'd be a small queue getting out because of folk stopping to do that (East Enclosure)

I've always thought it was a touch wood for luck thing tho this explanation may put some people off...One common explanation traces the phenomenon to ancient pagan cultures such as the Celts, who believed that spirits and gods resided in trees. Knocking on tree trunks may have served to rouse the spirits and call on their protection, but it could have also been a way of showing gratitude for a stroke of good luck.

Yeah, do it every time. I quite like that the frame up there is beginning to wear. Or at least it was in 2019 :))

Last time I was on the tour, the game above the home dressing room door was worn too. Don’t know if they fixed when the altered the change room though. History.

Yip, always do it, both hands, double tap. Not sure if I started doing it as I noticed others, but now it feels like a ‘see you soon’ sort of gesture to the stadium

I don't don't myself but I do have a quick glance behind me of the stadium leaving the Govan Stand onto the concourse,just incase it's my last time there.
Must be a sentimental thing but I've did it for years.

Yes no idea why, although can’t help but think how many folks do it just after coming out the toilets without washing their hands and then we are all touching something covered in piss

I’ve done it before in the past but haven’t done it for a long time. Wasn’t even tempted to do it on Saturday.

The racket off people doing it I find quite annoying these days. Bang bang bang some people don’t just touch it they smack it or punch it. Strange

For a start we are all blessed to enter that amazing historical stadium, we don't know how lucky we are and probably deep down we all take for granted the size of our club and the history associated with it, we are probablhy in the top 5-10% of football fans world wide to experience nights like Parma, Leipzig to name but two, and so on, and for that reason I tap the frame on the way out as no matter who we are or what we are, one thing is 100% certain, one day we will walk out there and never ever return and if that was Tuesday night I have shown my appreciation by tapping the frame.

PS I hope Tuesday wasn't my last but you get my drift.

PPS - Birthday caord p1sh to some and I respect that.

Back