Do you do this leaving Ibrox . . .

Every single time, always have done as a sort of ‘see you next time’, I don’t even think about it now it’s an automatic reflex as I walk out.

Every time since 1964. My dad used to lift me up to do it. Said it was saying thank you to Ibrox and that I would be back.

For as long as i’ve been tall enough. Can’t even remember why I started doing it. It’s now more a superstitious and sentimental thing especially after stuff like 2012 and covid lockouts.

I’ve done it before in the past but haven’t done it for a long time. Wasn’t even tempted to do it on Saturday.

The racket off people doing it I find quite annoying these days. Bang bang bang some people don’t just touch it they smack it or punch it. Strange
You dont do it and you wear petrol blue to games.

Hhhmmmmmmm?

I’ve done it before in the past but haven’t done it for a long time. Wasn’t even tempted to do it on Saturday.

The racket off people doing it I find quite annoying these days. Bang bang bang some people don’t just touch it they smack it or punch it. Strange

Leaving from the EE exit at the John Greig Statue I tap 4 times, For the League, Scottish Cup,League Cup & Europe.

One of my wee foibles.

Yes every time I leave Ibrox as I don’t go as much as I used to,so I don’t know if it will be my last visit.i don’t know why but the last few years I have kissed my hand just before I tap the exit.

always do it and can remember lifting my kids to do it..don’t get up as often as I used to do so it really means something to me personally, bit daft but there you go

No, always thought it was a Liverpool thing from when the players used to touch the this is Anfield sign. Seemed to start in the 80’s, either that or I never noticed until then.

Reading the replies above I get why some do it if they were following their dad and grandpa. I would be standing outside the pub with a bottle of coke and a packet of crisps until five past three if I kept my family tradition going.
That's what I always thought and why I don't do it.

As for tradition - you could only have done that since about 1980 unless they were doing it in the old main stand which I highly doubt. So it's not an old tradition (not for people of my age anyway!) EDIT - forgot about the old enclosure maybe that's where it was done

It's harmless but not for me

Aye.

Must be ingrained in peoples nature my kids never seen anybody do it he’s only started going and just randomly tries to do it haha

Big mate does it every game, does it not have its origins from Liverpool players touching the “this is Anfield” sign before entering the park?
Probably - I've never understood why people mostly reach up and touch a green and white Exit sign on the way out.

Wonder if the early leavers do it as well.

Obviously no one on here is gonna admit to leaving early so I'll need to keep an eye out for it the next time I leave with 5 mins to go.

Ah, the futility of life. We are but stardust joined together for a blink in the eye of time. Why do we even exist and what is the point of it all? Is that what you are aiming for here? Or are you just miserable?

Anyway. I do it every single time. No idea why, but to quote parklife, it gives me an enormous sense of well-being.
Someone will be along in a minute to tell you feeding the sparrows is pointless…

Back