Nottingham Forest paying £44.5 million for a player!

Over inflated prices for average players.

Better off paying not bad money for youth.

Players like young Lovelace who looks a cracker.

they’ve signed about 12 players so far I think! They’re giving it a go but that’ll be some job trying to get them gelling quickly.

Madness of the epl!

Surely they'll be screwed by FFP in a couple of years like Leicester are now, having to sell before they can buy, only more so.

£44.5m for Morgan Gibbs White. Never heard of them. Spent the last two seasons on loan at Swansea and Sheff Utd.

Surely this is some sort of misreporting!

All of that money and yet the chances are that Forest may well go down at the end of the season ala Norwich, who spend about the same as we do every summer. Actually don't mind Norwich for this very reason.

The English transfer market is a mess and a disgrace. I would actually love for them to lose the money in a very short space of time or for restrictions being put in place to prevent this kind of obscene cash being spent on bang average, sometimes out and out poor players. Not gonna happen but that bubble is going to burst at some point.

IPLCdwI.gif

I find it mental that £45m doesn’t even get you in the 100 most expensive transfers of all time list.

By my checks it looks like he might be the most expensive transfer in the UK outside the big 6 in the Premier League. Maybe around the same as Haller and Sigursson (WH and Everton).

Even taking into account the crazy money down there it is crazy money.

Gibbs-White is a very good player (not saying he's £44.5m worth of good player). I would imagine there would be a lot of this forum would turn their nose up at him or never heard of him, but he'd incredible at a club like ours. He played extremely well for Sheffield Utd last season & I thought he'd end up at a newly promoted club. He's a better player than Tav's brother imo who's just made a similar move.

As much as it’s a decent watch, I detest the Premier League and all that it stands for. It’s a complete cancer football if you’re not in one of the top leagues.

BBC now saying £25m initial fee + add-ons

good season in the Championship = utter insanity for fees

Back