Nottingham Forest paying £44.5 million for a player!

Let this be a reminder of what market we are shopping in. Absolutely ludicrous
I would hazard a guess that’s more than the whole of Scottish football has ever spent on transfers in its 150 year history. Definitely won’t be far off. It’s obscene and sky is the reason it’s even possible. Don’t moan about it whilst still paying the subscription is my point. Outside the Rangers football these days disgusts me and I wish I didn’t even like it.

And Doncaster want to sell our tv rights for less than 30m a season
Market forces determines the price.
How many people want to watch Kilmarnock vs Motherwell?
If they put that on TV the audience would be less than 10,000 world wide
If they put on Spurs vs Liverpool the TV audience would be 100,000,000

To be honest, this sort of shit that has been happening for this summer makes you see why some of the bigger names in European Football were pushing for the super league.

There is something wrong when no mark clubs like Wolves and Nottingham Forest can outspend Juventus or AC Milan.

The EPL has essentially become a super league in all but name. It’s financial power dwarves the rest of football.

To be honest, this sort of shit that has been happening for this summer makes you see why some of the bigger names in European Football were pushing for the super league.

There is something wrong when no mark clubs like Wolves and Nottingham Forest can outspend Juventus or AC Milan.

The EPL has essentially become a super league in all but name. It’s financial power dwarves the rest of football.
Completely agree. The only surprise to me was that the English teams got involved. They are already in what is essentially a super league, so why anger fans like that.

Utter madness. Thankfully we have Neil Donkeycaster making sure we are more frugal with our budgets.

As a few folk have said it's a lot of money they're spending to stay up.

If they fail to do so or the owner gets bored they could be in serious trouble.
His Wiki page is interesting:
In court for fighting with Djibril Cisse
Accused of match fixing
Arranged for Olympiacos hooligans to go to a third division match, start a riot and make that team face penalties.
Tried to get police and judges onside to start a criminal network
Investigated after a drug trafficking operation worth £70m of heroin.

Back