Mounting unrest in Rangers squad as team mates rally to clear names of Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace

That's the big issue.

They f***in shamed us on Sunday and it should never be forgotten.

I'm not going back over all my posts since Sunday, but the gist of them is that that omnishambles on Sunday is without doubt the most embarrassing display I've ever witnesed at Hampden v the filth.

Not just the players, our team selection and tactics on the day as well. As I said, I'm not letting this sideshow take my eye off the ball on the real problem.

This is a bloody shambles - the players clearly do not have the relationship with a Murty that we all thought just a few months ago.

The board are ultimately responsible for all of this. They took the lazy option to promote the youth coach until the end of the season and in all honesty, the guy is full of good ideas but lacks the depth that an experienced first team coach should offer.
The big disappointment for me is that Murty is now finished at Ibrox - moving back to the Development side will just not work for him. So we have to make an additional new appointment for a very important role at a football club.

As a side note.... there will be much wailing by people if it turns out that Kenny Miller is not the disruptive influence that many are desperate for him to be to justify their loathing of him.
Him who has scored over 100 goals for this club and helped it to a number of trophies.
Him who has demonstrated a passion and a determination to win for this club that his last 3 managers have lacked.

I can't believe the players have been roused from their pampered comfort zones by a bit of name calling.
It would take more than that to activate these non tackling lead swingers.
Or maybe their priorities are somewhat altered.

Our biggest problem is not having any football people dealing with this, Robertson doesn’t look like he has ever been in a team sporting event where it’s part and parcel for team mates to turn on each other for the good of the club, it’s an everyday thing where senior players install fight and self pride into players who need to learn a winning mentality.

Miller will be away soon enough and his time is up.

He's clearly a strong character and needs managed accordingly.

By f**k we could've done with a couple of strong characters, with a bit of will to win about them on the park on Sunday.

Ally aside, has anyone scored more goals against them in modern times?

Don't remember Walter having any problems with his strong character.

We have a weakling, cry baby in our dugout managing a team that includes some strong characters (not just Miller and Wallace, plenty of others too).

This was always ending only one way

It reminds me of Murty running to the headmaster as the school bullys were picking on him

Murty needs to go (along with the other 2) and to be honest im starting to really dislike him

This is a bloody shambles - the players clearly do not have the relationship with a Murty that we all thought just a few months ago.

The board are ultimately responsible for all of this. They took the lazy option to promote the youth coach until the end of the season and in all honesty, the guy is full of good ideas but lacks the depth that an experienced first team coach should offer.
The big disappointment for me is that Murty is now finished at Ibrox - moving back to the Development side will just not work for him. So we have to make an additional new appointment for a very important role at a football club.

As a side note.... there will be much wailing by people if it turns out that Kenny Miller is not the disruptive influence that many are desperate for him to be to justify their loathing of him.
Him who has scored over 100 goals for this club and helped it to a number of trophies.
Him who has demonstrated a passion and a determination to win for this club that his last 3 managers have lacked.

Miller is thought of as a grass/clipe, whatever you want to call it, by some teammates.

I heard a story about Murty that baffled me and made me suspicious about him, i have shared this story with one person on the board and i wont share names etc before anyone asks. Said person can confirm i shared story.
you can't say that then not share. spill the beans mate.

It just gets better with every passing day.

Over to you Messers King and Park. Sort this shit out and sort it now.
This boil should have been lanced long before now. We are now in a crisis and its in the public domain even worse washing our dirty laundry in public and allowing that toxic rag a front row seat. Immediate action is necessary by Douglas Park, dismiss Murty back to youth set up, thats his level, put JN in charge until summer break end of season. Its maybe good to be airing their views as the season has been so disappointing but there are better ways of doing it, behind closed doors.

If the manager wanted to let the players stew after the game, what right did KM and LW have to go blundering into the dressing room against what the manager was planning.
Not defending Murty's tactics but Jackson has just illustrated Murty being undermined by these two. You then have to wonder how often and how long and in what way this has been going on.
Out of the players own mouths too.

We have a weakling, cry baby in our dugout managing a team that includes some strong characters (not just Miller and Wallace, plenty of others too).

Does anyone honestly think that the likes of Gough , Butcher, Ian Ferguson, Hateley, McCall etc etc would've sat there with their mouths shut through the Pedro debacles and Sunday's performance?

Would they f**k.

If the manager wanted to let the players stew after the game, what right did KM and LW have to go blundering into the dressing room against what the manager was planning.
Not defending Murty's tactics but Jackson has just illustrated Murty being undermined by these two. You then have to wonder how often and how long and in what way this has been going on.
Out of the players own mouths too.

Captain and Vice Captain after that performance I'd expect them to say their piece. Murty used to working with kids not adults that can police themselves as Rangers dressing rooms always have throughout the years.

Miller will be away soon enough and his time is up.

He's clearly a strong character and needs managed accordingly.

By f**k we could've done with a couple of strong characters, with a bit of will to win about them on the park on Sunday.

Ally aside, has anyone scored more goals against them in modern times?

Don't remember Walter having any problems with his strong character.

Miller wouldn't dare with Walter thats how.

Miller since his return has went from one embarrassment to another, he has been involved in some of the most shocking performances and teams in our history, him and Wallace have an absolute cheek and barring our opinion on if they were right or wrong they have acted in a manner unbecoming of a Rangers player, captain & vice captain.

I'm amazed anyone can pick a side in this whole sorry story all parties are an utter disgrace and the way its being played out in the media proves that not a single one of them has any thought for us, the fans.

Our biggest problem is not having any football people dealing with this, Robertson doesn’t look like he has ever been in a team sporting event where it’s part and parcel for team mates to turn on each other for the good of the club, it’s an everyday thing where senior players install fight and self pride into players who need to learn a winning mentality.

This falls at Murty's door mate.

He's the football manager.

Robertson will have been in a sporting event as much as Lawell and most other men in their positions.

Hardly at all, if ever.

You can't pin a player/manager problem on Robertson.

In the bigger picture the most worrying thing is with everything that's being going on if you were a decent manager would you want to come to our club

Captain and Vice Captain after that performance I'd expect them to say their piece. Murty used to working with kids not adults that can police themselves as Rangers dressing rooms always have throughout the years.
My point was, if the Rangers manager wanted them left alone, then that should not be undermined by anyone. First time? I doubt that.

Whoever's right or wrong, why is it taking Rangers until the end of the week to write to the players with the reasons for suspension? That can't be correct surely?

They will be getting checked over by the lawyers - as with the Joey Barton situation, HR law means they have to check the Ts are crossed and the Is dotted properly

It all harks back to Sunday's gutless performance.

Clearly Murty had lost the dressing room over setup and tactics and the players just went through the motions in following instructions. I supect nothing good had been drip fed into their ears by others.

As to the bust up well Miller has previous for this and has to go. That Wallace pulled out on Friday now looks rather suspicious.

Can't help but feel a little sorry for Murty but the board should have replaced him on Monday.

Miller since his return has went from one embarrassment to another, he has been involved in some of the most shocking performances and teams in our history, him and Wallace have an absolute cheek and barring our opinion on if they were right or wrong they have acted in a manner unbecoming of a Rangers player, captain & vice captain.

I'm amazed anyone can pick a side in this whole sorry story all parties are an utter disgrace and the way its being played out in the media proves that not a single one of them has any thought for us, the fans.

I agree with all of that.

Miller and Wallace can't be allowed to undermine the manager. Nobody can, or we won't be able to sign a decent manager to replace Weepy.

However, it would be very sensible to agree by mutual consent that Murty is stepping down for the good of the club.

No taking sides, just all our immediate problems solved.

Then, we focus on finding a decent manager, pronto, and securing european football under Nicholl's guidance.

David Edgar warned of stories such as this from journos close to the players.

I wouldn't pay it too much attention.
If the DR and Jackson reported it was daylight at midday on the 12th of July I would look out the window.

The paper and it’s reporters a scum liars.

The board will need to get this sorted ASAP though

I will say Murty and a few more need to go as they are dragging the name of The Rangers down

A foul-mouthed, furious & unwarranted attack on a manager (who wasn't present) by our patient, measured, thoughtful, professional & loyal Club Captain? And a players' fight in the tunnel too? Aye, right, Klaxon. Anti-DK agenda-driven lies.

I honestly wonder if Murty is a wee shitebag grass who is making shite up. Hasn’t it been said that he was an arselicker and a shit stirrer down in Reading?

I bet it wasn’t anything more than Murty not dressing the lads down and Miller and Wallace took over for him without his say so. Maybe thought they were undermining his authority but he said so in the Hampden interviews that he was too much of a shitebag to plug in a hairdryer.

My point was, if the Rangers manager wanted them left alone, then that should not be undermined by anyone. First time? I doubt that.

Its football who after a defeat doesn't go over what has happened it's Murty inexperience that's led to this he is scared of confrontation and wants to be everyone's friend.

Robertson does what he is told by the board. He doesn’t make the decisions
And there in lies the problem, a non executive board of directors who don’t know the first thing about running a football club should not be telling the person charged with the day to day running of said club how to do his job. They clearly don’t think he’s capable so why is he there in the first place. This situation once again shows if there’s wrong way to go about something Robertson will find it.

How many interviews has he done post match where he looked like he was telling his daddy that a bigger boy stole his trike

As I said earlier.

The likes of Gough, Hateley, Ian Ferguson etc would've had far more to say on Sunday than Miller and Wallace.

Sunday's performance was our worst against them for 61 years.

Ian Ferguson is celebrated for going round the dressing room following that defeat at the Piggery in 1998 and tearing strips off players about what playing for Rangers is all about and why losing 5-1 was not acceptable.

Advocaat didn’t ask him to do it, he just waded in.

I’m of the view that this bunch of players need an absolute rocket up them because as a group, they are too accepting of defeat to be worthy of a place in a Rangers dressing room.
Murty is from the same cloth, this job is too big and too demanding for him. He shouldn’t have been put in this position for as long as he has been.

Here we go

Jackson wants to make the Board look bad (maybe deservedly)

Murty might have run to the Board with lies

Going from that report it doesn't seem that Murty was even in the dressing room when this was going on. Hard to know whats going on internally at the club.

I know from personal experience that Murty is a liar, I know who I believe and who I definitely do not believe, I really hope the players do rally round to clear Wallace and Miller's names and I really hope we never see Murty again.

Many of these 'players' have failed under THREE managers. They are a shower of petty under achieving overpaid dross.
None of them are untouchable.

Don't buy it, don't share it, don't click it...
Day two of more pish from the rh*c**d.
I wish admin would put a block on any reference to that Rangers hating rhag.

Its football who after a defeat doesn't go over what has happened it's Murty inexperience that's led to this he is scared of confrontation and wants to be everyone's friend.
It's a common occurrence for a manager to let players stew, if he sees fit. He should not be second guessed and undermined in that fashion. Discuss it later as they were asked to do.

Amateur hour from our executive team.

What other club suspends players for venting after a defeat.

The players performance was as embarrassing as the way the club is managed.

Do you think Liverpool fans would belive an article published in the Sun? Would they %^*&

I thought the Daily Record hated us? I thought we agreed not buy it, click it, read it.

As was stated on the heart & hand podcast yesterday, if the board wanted an easy tine of it they just had to get rid of Murty. (He is going in a few weeks anyway)

The board have made bad mistakes but they have been honest

Murty has tried his best but is not good enough

The players on the park didnt fucking try, they downed tools

And if it is proved that Wallace and Miller led a dressingroom revolt (twice in one season if rumours are to be true)

You need to ask where is the fury towards the players. To me the not trying your best is 100 times worse than not been good enough

Well
Said sir

The amount fans rushing to players defence who didn’t try a leg and embrasssed our jersey is astonishing

For said players to go after a manager who is out of his depth is plain bullying to me

They are a disgrace.

Then you throw in previous behaviour and running to the mentally challenged infested press and I am even more astounded

The board should have got rid of Murty as well

It’s a shambles

Make no mistake the players should be ashamed of themselves after Sunday

Douglas park should be getting the players in fir a meeeting and going right through them for that embrassment

Ian Ferguson is celebrated for going round the dressing room following that defeat at the Piggery in 1998 and tearing strips off players about what playing for Rangers is all about and why losing 5-1 was not acceptable.

Advocaat didn’t ask him to do it, he just waded in.

I’m of the view that this bunch of players need an absolute rocket up them because as a group, they are too accepting of defeat to be worthy of a place in a Rangers dressing room.
Murty is from the same cloth, this job is too big and too demanding for him. He shouldn’t have been put in this position for as long as he has been.
If the manager was happy for him to do so, fine. Murty wasn't.

As I said earlier.

The likes of Gough, Hateley, Ian Ferguson etc would've had far more to say on Sunday than Miller and Wallace.

Gough, Hateley, Ian Ferguson would never have turned in a performance like that in the first place. We have no players even close to that calibre so its a terrible comparison.

Sundays performance has happened last season twice its not 61 years. These guys are not good enough, Murty Miller & Wallace are all as bad as each other.

I suspect that the roots of this lie in the home defeat to Celtic.

Miller will have been furious he wasn't played,and the other players will not have been happy about Murty's comments about the players in his PM interview. He was too candid. I said months ago he needed media training. He needed to learn what not to say in the immediate aftermath of a game. I think that's when he lost the dressing room

It's a common occurrence for a manager to let players stew, if he sees fit. He should not be second guessed and undermined in that fashion. Discuss it later as they were asked to do.

Sorry but the aftermath of a heavy defeat to Celtic is not an environment in which to let Rangers players sit & have a personal thought about it.

As soon as these player get out of the stadium they will be peppered for comment by media, supporters, random punters.... they need a joined up story and something of a debrief. They need to understand something of what went wrong and what they are going to do next - be it a meeting the next morning or being told to lie low for a few days but the manger needs to lead, not let people work things out in their own heads.

As I said earlier.

I spoke to nacho on the phone yesterday he said he would've getting dragged off players st half time had he been involved and I reckon you can add another few dozen I can think of that would do the same.

We have the weakest guy I ever ever seen in ANY dugout and the buck stops right there. The players can't be controlled that's down to you that's why you're called manager - you took the job and the wages this is your job stop fucking whining like a little bitch and go your job.

In my lifetime we've gone from jock Wallace to graeme murty it's scarcely believable

Back