Mounting unrest in Rangers squad as team mates rally to clear names of Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace

Wallace just doesn’t strike me as the kind of guy to undermine a manager

Would be sad if this is how he and Miller end their Rangers careers given the amount of years service they have given us

This is 100% on the boards head.

Sincerely hope the board cop some verbals at the weekend for the nonsense they’ve created
Do you think any board members will be there on Sunday,somehow have my doubts,must know what they're in for

Does anyone have proof of miller running his mouth to the press? Feel like the only proof we have are people saying it on a forum and nothing else.

Correct.

They don't respect him(and frankly I don't blame them) and he's clearly intimidated by them which makes the situation even worse. Hence the strops from the players. Hence running to the board from a gutless manager. Hence not wanting confrontation after a scudding. Hence the absolute clusterfùck on Sunday afterwards.

I think of this guy when I see Murty .....

Vzo8_q.gif

Irrespective of whether they've gone to the papers or not, it's an ideal deflection away from the team and managerial performance on Sunday.

I've heard older bears saying that they never thought they'd ever see a worse capitulation by a Rangers team against them than 79 at the piggery, when we lost 4 goals and the league to 10 men.

Well they have now.

Every person involved in Sundays disgrace is far more guilty than Wallace and Miller.

You would need to go back to 1957 for a comparable humiliation.

I was at the game you’ve quoted and the fans were raging. However, I actually think Sunday’s performance was worse.

It deflects from Murty and they have to back their spineless patsy. It makes perfect sense to me and shows that words like get us back to the top are meaningless in this board hands. They would do anything to massage their egos. We can’t get rid of them but if we could they would be the first out the door for me.

Spot on, the board trying to deflect fans anger from them to the players.
They and their manager are spineless cowards.

Yes you're right, Miller and Wallace have been on the end of big defeats, as have most of our top players over the years.

As bad as the 5-1 debacles were, and they were woeful, Sunday took things to a whole new low.

In Warburton's defeat we were well in the game at half time.

Pedro's defeat was shambolic, but at least the mentally challengeds were in decent form at the time.

A Scottish Cup Semi Final against a mentally challenged side in as bad form as us, they never needed to get out of testimonial pace.

Murty and Sunday's team, but particularly Murty, have disgraced us.

Murty is out of his depth and is a weak useless manager but regardless of what the players thought of the tactics they completely downed tools and did not even try which is also unforgivable.

We have been badly let down by the board, the manager and the players. What worries me most is the board have still not taken the decisive action needed for us to move forward and focus on the game at the weekend. As a result the pressure will grow and grow until it inevitably all explodes either or Sunday or the following weekend

I was at the game you’ve quoted and the fans were raging. However, I actually think Sunday’s performance was worse.

So were my dad and uncle mate and they said the same when we were back in the Grapes after the game on Sunday.

It deflects from Murty and they have to back their spineless patsy. It makes perfect sense to me and shows that words like get us back to the top are meaningless in this board hands. They would do anything to massage their egos. We can’t get rid of them but if we could they would be the first out the door for me.

Well that's almost another issue.

The could still have backed Murty privately and told the players they were done. No need for the public suspension when there's scope to release Miller in a few weeks and do similar with Wallace if it suits all parties.

Certainly, unless they appoint the right man, their time is up as far as a footballing board go.

I heard a story about Murty that baffled me and made me suspicious about him, i have shared this story with one person on the board and i wont share names etc before anyone asks. Said person can confirm i shared story.
Are you prepared to share this story or if not can you share who you shared it with and then we can approach said person to see if they will share it?

Bollocks from Keef. Protecting his best source.
Yes you're right, Miller and Wallace have been on the end of big defeats, as have most of our top players over the years.

As bad as the 5-1 debacles were, and they were woeful, Sunday took things to a whole new low.

In Warburton's defeat we were well in the game at half time.

Pedro's defeat was shambolic, but at least the mentally challengeds were in decent form at the time.

A Scottish Cup Semi Final against a mentally challenged side in as bad form as us, they never needed to get out of testimonial pace.

Murty and Sunday's team, but particularly Murty, have disgraced us.

Not to derail the thread but are you still confident that positive times are around the corner?

Well this episode is yet again a complete shambles and being played out in a way that this Rangers Board have failed to learn from.

It’s not as if we haven’t been here before with this board.

It’s not as if we haven’t been here before with this board..... and this bunch of players.

There's stuff going on which has been happening to some degree, on and off the pitch from these players since before Warburton's time.

As regards Jackson's story in the Record it is 100% fact and that's from someone who was in the dressing room from start to finish, Murty is a pussy and if anyone should be suspended it's this clown.
A man who left the dressing room because it was to hot, who is far to friendly with Brenda sorry he should be out the door.
Miller is going to take this suspension the full road and yes players are backing him.

Stewart Robertson has to go. He is incompetent.

Murty is out his depth, not his fault, the fault lies with the board and chief executive. Until there are some major changes at that level we will continue to be a shambles.

I stated how football is and what happens in dressing rooms up and down the country at all levels of football.
You see that as playing the man and post "Bwahahahahah" whatever that means, I don't think you are taking this seriously.
The players are Adults they can police themselves, I'd be astonished if the Captain and Vice Captain and the players said nothing..

"I don't think you have ever played football or been in a dressing room given your posts."

That was the post I replied to no mention of dressing rooms up and down the country.

So who's in charge of the team manager or players. Who has the final say. You seem to advocate a free-for-all, loudest mouth takes charge approach.
My point is, that this is what KM and LW are being accused of apparently. They do themselves no good by allowing the likes of Jackson to lead them by the nose into a virtual confession.

I would take this with a massive pinch of salt.

There is currently a PR war being waged by the players suspended (probably miller tbh) and the club cant really comeback at the moment till the investigation is complete.

I'm not absolving the board of any blame, but its' not just a coincidence that the MSM (specifically the DR who don't like the board) are running with pro-player stories.

Without doubt. As I said in a pulled thread yesterday Kenny is an absolute genius when it comes to PR.

I can see a case for the removal of most of them

Murty
Robertson
Miller
Halliday

I can’t though see why we wouldn’t back Wallace in this or why the board would want shot of him. If he was in the dressing room after the game tearing strips off the team, that’s what I want from him as our captain. Is the suggestion that the board want rid because of his injuries? I haven’t heard anything negative about him.

I heard a story about Murty that baffled me and made me suspicious about him, i have shared this story with one person on the board and i wont share names etc before anyone asks. Said person can confirm i shared story.

This board as in FF or the Club board?

If it's this board, go on, make it two. Ill take a PM.

Am I the only one who doesn,t know the full story,Cant take sides or judge because I don,t know the facts.

This falls at Murty's door mate.

He's the football manager.

Robertson will have been in a sporting event as much as Lawell and most other men in their positions.

Hardly at all, if ever.

You can't pin a player/manager problem on Robertson.
I was talking about the way it’s being handled mate, as you said Robertson probably wouldn’t have been in a highly charged dressing room scenario.
The manager has broken the code of what happens in a dressing room by clyping to his boss that the Captain was angry so instead of Robertson telling Murty it’s his domain he has turned it into a circus by suspending two respected pros for being upset that wee basically lay down and got our bellies tickled by our main opponents.

Are you prepared to share this story or if not can you share who you shared it with and then we can approach said person to see if they will share it?
don't mention any names just give us a story and let us fill in the blanks.

I was talking about the way it’s being handled mate, as you said Robertson probably wouldn’t have been in a highly charged dressing room scenario.
The manager has broken the code of what happens in a dressing room by clyping to his boss that the Captain was angry so instead of Robertson telling Murty it’s his domain he has turned it into a circus by suspending two respected pros for being upset that wee basically lay down and got our bellies tickled by our main opponents.

But it's not just about Sunday. The suspensions are a result of a culmination of things with both players and a dressing room that has been unsettled for over two years.

I'd get Murty out the door, give Miller a coaching role and get Wallace back in the squad

Whatever Miller did or didnt do how this has been handled reeks of incompetence. If he did cross the line all that needed done was say to him his contract wasn't being renewed and not needed for the next five weeks. Thanks for your service.

Our club is a shambles with no leadership and not a clue how to handle HR/PR.

If Murty went straight to the board to tell on the players like a school prefect, instead of sitting down and having a word with them and trying to sort it out its no wonder the players don’t like him.

However in doing so he has forced the board to take action, if he’s raised a formal complaint they have to act, as any other employer would if there’s accusations, I assume, of harassment.

Whatever Miller did or didnt do how this has been handled reks of incompetence. If he did cross the line all that needed done was say his contract wasn't being renewed and not need for the next five weeks. Thanks for your service.

Our club is a shambles with no leadership and not a clue how to handle HR/PR.

If there’s been a complaint made, and you’ve got to assume there has been,. Then they have no option but to deal with it in the way any other employer would an HR issue.

What do you suggest they do, bearing in mnd they fall under the same employment laws as us all?

The PR criticism I get, but you’re saying the HR side is clueless, I can’t see how you come to that conclusion, its by the book.

If there’s been a complaint made, and you’ve got to assume there has been,. Then they have no option but to deal with it in the way any other employer would an HR issue.

What do you suggest they do, bearing in mnd they fall under the same employment laws as us all?

The PR criticism I get, but you’re saying the HR side is clueless, I can’t see how you come to that conclusion, its by the book.

So why not speak to the person making the complaint, explain the shit storm it will cause and the player is away in 5 weeks anyway. Sorry it could have been diffused rather than this fiasco. This is someone wanting Miller humiliated and its backfiring. And I say that as someone who cant stand him.

So why not speak to the person making the complaint, explain the shit storm it will cause and the player is away in 5 weeks anyway. Sorry it could have been diffused rather than this fiasco. This is someone wanting Miller humiliated and its backfiring. And I say that as someone who cant stand him.

That’s not how it works though, if, and I say if because I don’t know the details, there has been a complaint of harassment they cannot just say ‘Ach this is football, man up’, they employee has rights.

Maybe it could have been diffused, maybe they tried to and the complainant was adamant they wanted to take it further. We don’t know.

I don't entirely agree with this. In most places i have worked the first step in resolving a grievance/dignity at work would be doing it informally. Sitting the individuals down, getting both sides or a story and seeing if it can be resolved without invoking formal procedures.

I don't entirely agree with this. In most places i have worked the first step in resolving a grievance/dignity at work would be doing it informally. Sitting the individuals down, getting both sides or a story and seeing if it can be resolved without invoking formal procedures.

Who's to say that hasn't happened? We're talking about an individual that has already been questioned by the Board due to concerns over his behaviour. There's a reason Jackson is focusing solely on Sunday.

I would be surprised if someone has made an actual complaint , can you imagine if Murty has gone to the HR team to complain? He would never work in football again

I think it is more likely that the board have decided to pursue the matter through official channels. Maybe in an attempt to send a message the players but what a complete arse they have made of things

"I don't think you have ever played football or been in a dressing room given your posts."

That was the post I replied to no mention of dressing rooms up and down the country.

So who's in charge of the team manager or players. Who has the final say. You seem to advocate a free-for-all, loudest mouth takes charge approach.
My point is, that this is what KM and LW are being accused of apparently. They do themselves no good by allowing the likes of Jackson to lead them by the nose into a virtual confession.

I said that as that's what it seems to me having played football for years.

That's what happens in Football the captain and vice-captain will have their say as will other players I cant see why you seem intent to make it about more than that, as I said it always happens in Football.

I can't really explain this again and again to you.

This is worse than playground rumours in school.

Seems like everyone is passing the buck and covering their own arses.

I'm dreading clicking on the Bearpit now, The Lounge is where it's at.

I would be surprised if someone has made an actual complaint , can you imagine if Murty has gone to the HR team to complain? He would never work in football again

I think it is more likely that the board have decided to pursue the matter through official channels. Maybe in an attempt to send a message the players but what a complete arse they have made of things

To suspend them from work there would have to be.

Its certainly the way ‘sources’ are portraying it to Jackson, that he went straight to the board rather than speak to them.

Who's to say that hasn't happened? We're talking about an individual that has already been questioned by the Board due to concerns over his behaviour. There's a reason Jackson is focusing solely on Sunday.

Possibly, but i would be stunned if proper process has been carried out in the short period. As alluded to above, i would imagine this is a move from the board outwith HR process.

Back