Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
I don't think winning a pen is an assist, that's for sure.
3 goals in 53 games, now there's a real stat.
So if you beat a man and get through in goal and chopped down, you still don't consider that some form of assist? Those penalties may well have denied Kent scoring for all we know.

I don't think winning a pen is an assist, that's for sure.
3 goals in 53 games, now there's a real stat.

If it’s a goal, it’s an assist too. 3 goals, 22 assists. Either way, it’s in the net.

People will want Kent back when we’ve gone 6 months with Scott Wright starting. Because that’s the reality.

Thanks for the memories Ryan but you don’t score enough goals

You give the hall away too much

If it’s a goal, it’s an assist too. 3 goals, 22 assists. Either way, it’s in the net.

People will want Kent back when we’ve gone 6 months with Scott Wright starting. Because that’s the reality.
He's been rotten for 75% of his time here and is plumbing the depths at present. That's the reality of it.

He's been rotten for 75% of his time here and is plumbing the depths at present. That's the reality of it.

And who’s playing well right now?

It’s easy to criticise Kent, and I agree, but you’ve got to go to the next step too and ask what the alternative is.

Let’s give up 20+ assists a season for a Matondo, Wright or Sakala. That’ll work.

I think everyone's hope is that we get better players in and not rely on Scott Wright past this season.

Is there a player in there? I thought so but not so much now. Is it a lack of motivation, tactics not suiting, training regime poor? All of these plus lack of confidence ? A reluctant no from me on the basis of throwing good money after bad.

And who’s playing well right now?

It’s easy to criticise Kent, and I agree, but you’ve got to go to the next step too and ask what the alternative is.

Let’s give up 20+ assists a season for a Matondo, Wright or Sakala. That’ll work.
Well, Sakala, despite being less talented provided 4 times as many goals as Kent did last season.
Let's be honest Kent's produced nothing of note this season, Sakala couldn't be any worse than that!

It’s sad to say but he looks a mile out and yes I get it that he’s always got 2 defenders on him but when he does get a shot off it’s almost always poor. Not good enough for £7m investment.

Try and get something in January. I know it won't be much but we aren't getting much from him.

Give him another deal then hope next time he’s playing well it’s close to a transfer window and we cash him.

Kent hasn’t done a lot the last season and early part of this one.
Having said that I would offer him another contract.

71% said no!

Blows my mind. It really does.

His attitude, his work ethic, and his ability to change a game by directly attacking players is relatively unmatched in this team.

If he had a few teammates who would take away the attention of the THREE markers he generally has to contend with, then I imagine he might get a bit more joy...

Like I said - staggering.
71% people don’t agree with your point but you think they are wrong.

Really!!!

Not a chance!

Would also chase Morelos for what he’s done, or, more appropriately what he’s not done!

Clear out needed!

I’d only be signing him to be able to get a few million for a sale. Doesn’t contribute enough in each game with goals and assists.

If you watch the goals from our European run last year, it is noticeable how many he is a part of and how many of the penalties involve him. If only we could get that in every game.

I don't think Kent or Morelos will sign new deals.. both need a fresh challenge.

If we were going neck & neck for the title I'd be keen to keep and accept that we'll lose both on a free.

But given we won't be challenging for anything this season I'd sell both in January.

Bank any money and put it towards the budget for a new manager in the summer where hopefully we do a proper rebuild that should have taken place this season.

I am led to believe he hasn’t scored since Belgrade away - by my count Rangers have played 27 matches since then… He has went from being unproductive to a down right burden this season.
That’s some stat that

A player in a front three can’t produce those numbers

A holding midfielder gets more goals than they over the same period see lundstrum

It’s my opinion but I don’t think there is anyone better than Kent in our squad.
Having said that I can’t defend his recent performances apart from to say who has been a standout recently??
I can’t think of anyone.

I think Kent has regressed massively in his time with us, he peaked in the 55 season…

His numbers in Scotland arent good enough and he cant keep his place due to his work rate…Although we have no one else…

Another one of our players who’s happy to play well in Europe but resort to type in Scotland.

They plucked Jota and Abada from nowhere and both consistently outperform anyone we have.

We can and must find better.

Yes but only to sell him and recoup some cash back from what I think has been an expensive flop overall….when you factor in the length of time he’s been here and the return from him. I still feel he failed to score the winning goal in the Europa League final, I’d imagine he knows that too!!

Yes but only to sell him and recoup some cash back from what I think has been an expensive flop overall….when you factor in the length of time he’s been here and the return from him. I still feel he failed to score the winning goal in the Europa League final, I’d imagine he knows that too!!
The ball was out of play when roofe cut it back. We held back our celebrations when it went to kent because it would’ve been chopped off by VAR.

The ball was out of play when roofe cut it back. We held back our celebrations when it went to kent because it would’ve been chopped off by VAR.

Not sure if it was out of play, there's no concrete pictures to say that it was, however, your boy missed a sitter, almost identical to the one he missed against the tims not long before.
Waste of a shirt, should have been punted a long time ago!

Like Morelos, one of our highest earners heading into to his final year! Would you offer him a new deal?

It's a no for me

Unless he finds some form & has a storming end to the season, he doesn’t deserve a new deal.

He’s been posted missing for around 18 months now, occasionally popping up in the Europa League.

Aye. Quite obviously.

The only one in the team capable of getting us forward.

%^*& yer stats, it's the assist before the assist, or even the run, or the 2 men marking him that gets us somewhere.

The hate for him on here is perplexing.

He's needed a boot up the arse for ages.

Instead too many people around him - and within the fanbase - have told him how great he is due to the odd reasonable performance in Europe.

Like many of our players, I won't shed a tear when he leaves.

We have been accepting mediocrity at an alarming rate. It has to stop.

As many have said,for a sell on value,as it stands at the moment and for a while now he has been off the pace,not as effective as we know he can be,i don't think there would be many clubs wanting him,certainly no where near what we paid for him. I do hope he turns it around and like a few others start performing.

We have many problems. For me, Kent is a long way down that particular list. We are now less than 4 months away from seeing someone we paid big money for being able to sign a contract to join them in the summer. For me, it is an absolute no brainer to re-sign him - both for what he can do on the pitch for us and for financial reasons. We can’t have him walking away for nothing in the summer.

Think some are missing the point, surely our blue print is to buy young, improve, nurture and look to sell for profit - Kent has probably lowered his profile and sell ability at the moment, but 3months ago would have been at his highest and you can guarantee a good performance against Napoli and this pole would look different (which is quite scary how fickle some fans can be).

Losing him for nothing would be a huge mistake and clear accountability and questions should be aimed at Wilson how we are letting prized assets - Kent and Morelos run down contracts (like Goldson) - not a good business model is it.

Back